PDA

View Full Version : F6b vs m109r

Batbike
07-27-2013, 11:47 PM
For those of you who have had both bikes... Which has more balls? I missed the chance to spiritedly pace my friend that bought a new one... Due to the fact that she had it shipped home from our work location.

Pedro66
07-28-2013, 12:35 AM
For those of you who have had both bikes... Which has more balls? I missed the chance to spiritedly pace my friend that bought a new one... Due to the fact that she had it shipped home from our work location.

Had several of each

The Standard wing will leave a M109 off the line most of the time and its a better ride

But the 109 is a great looking cruiser

But I love my F6B enjoying it more than any bike in the last 10 years 109 included

GiddyupF6B
07-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I just came off a heavily customized M109r that I have been riding for 5 years. They are 2 totally different beasts, both incredible but in different ways. The 109 is a V-Twin brute cruiser with tons of torque and horsepower, the power delivery comes on entirely different than the Wing. The Wing is smooth and linear, you look at the speedo and have no idea you were going that fast or how quickly you got there. The 109 when you romp it FEELS and sounds so much faster because of the V-twin. All the sound, vibrations, and being fully exposed to the elements due to no wind protection gives you the feeling that you are hauling azz and you are!

If I could have afforded to have kept the 9 and still have my F6 than I would, the best of both worlds in my opinion. As far as the Wing taking the 9 off the line ummmm no! The 109 will destroy the F6 off the line. The gobs of torque and the meaty back tire (240 stock mine was a 280) will launch hard and leave the Wing. By the top of second the Wing should of caught up just slightly edging out the 9 in the 1/4 mile but not by much. This all depends on the riders of course. The 9 has no creature comforts what so ever, you get an engine in a frame with handlebars. The extras on the Wing made my choice for me. I have never had a bike with storage, a radio, a windscreen, I could keep going. I came off of sport bikes (ZX-12R Ninja-Hayabusa) and the 9 was my first cruiser. It was the natural progression for me at 35. Now at 40 I found myself wanting comfort and long distance capabilities which the F6 has, the Wing was the next natural progression for me at my age and what I need now. In 5 or 6 years I can see myself on a "full wing" with trunk, reverse, and all that other garbage which now is not important to me. After that.....who knows????????:icon_mrgreen:

Dark Knight
07-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Aging left a M109, I was wondering if I made the right decision until I rode a few miles. Not looking back at all. The F6B is a great machine with features I wished I could have found for the 9, that would have looked good on it. A windshield and some music.

I will say, I think the 9 had more power.

Had several of each

The Standard wing will leave a M109 off the line most of the time and its a better ride

But the 109 is a great looking cruiser

But I love my F6B enjoying it more than any bike in the last 10 years 109 included

Bike44
07-28-2013, 12:24 PM
I've not received my F6B yet, so can't comment. I did own a M109 for some time and really enjoyed the power rush. I did an intake and exhaust mod, plus a PC fueler which added some zoom. The only challenge was keeping it committed in a turn, with that big rear tire it wanted to stand up unless constant inside bar pressure was applied. Keeping the feet on the pegs was also a problem at speed.

A modded stroked HD challenged me in an on ramp one late fall day. We were about even through the first two gears then I simply pulled away after 3rd hitting the rev limiter between shifts. I took the right lane on the freeway which forced him to pass (his choice, he'd likely spent more on the mods than I did on my bike) by my right in the remaining margin. We met at the next light and he never looked over at my Ricer. His hardtail was bouncing at idle but I'd won the day. I've owned eight HD's and none could compete with a stock M109.

bob109
07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Owned a 2006 M109R! The only comparison IMHO between the R and the F6B is they are both motorcycles. The comparison ends there!
You can't compare a horizontally opposed flat 6 to a 1800cc V Twin. The linked braking system on the 6 out classes the 9. Having a hydraulically activated clutch on the 6 surpasses the "crude" cable activated assembly on the 9. Had to replace the cable three times on the R and those were with the upgraded swivel ball/socket end cables. That big fat 240 stocker tire on the 9 and the replacement 250's were worthless in the rain. Those wide tires were great conversation pieces on "bike night" with all the "oohs and awes" over their width. Reliability of the 109 was questionable as they had a major design flaw with the drive shaft tube which had a history of fracturing under hard use:shock:

Without question, the 109R is a powerful machine with approximately 127HP at the crank. That is without any modifications! That's a remarkable amount of HP for a V Twin. In a straight line it's a great ride. That said, the machine has nowhere near the comfort, mechanical sophistication or agility of the F6B.