PDA

View Full Version : Mastad tint

stevenolts
06-16-2015, 01:46 PM
How dark is your Mastad windshield?
I would like to get the dark tint for the looks but is it too dark at night? I would like to look over the windshield but that may not be the best position for wind protection if I am looking completely over.
Steve

BuzzzPhotos
06-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Steve, I have the dark tent & I do look over the top. But, at night it is hard to see right in front of the bike. I've gotten use to the tint & like the look. I really like the Madstat for now.
Buzz

srt8-in-largo
06-16-2015, 03:05 PM
^^^ Ditto.

I would not want to have to look through it all the time... but it's light enough to see a little bit of the road. As long as you can see over the top, or are able to adjust it downward at night, it'll be fine.

stevenolts
06-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Do you have the black F6B? How does the dark tint look?
I am 5' 8" so I guess the 11" is right for me.
Steve

DaWadd
06-16-2015, 05:20 PM
I have the medium gray and wouldn't want it any darker IMO.

hiflyer
06-16-2015, 05:20 PM
I would like to get the dark tint for the looks but is it too dark at night? I would like to look over the windshield but that may not be the best position for wind protection if I am looking completely over.
Steve

I have all 3 shades, I use the clear 99% of the time. I look over my 11" shield and have great protection. It's a function of the design. If you are looking thru it, it's not adjusted perfectly and defeats the purpose and design of the madstad.

srt8-in-largo
06-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Here is the 11" dark gray. I think Madstad will work with you if you let them know you're unsure of which tint to get. They may ask that you not install it, and if so I'm sure they'll take it back for exchange of you need to.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rVtpNU5f8bY/U-g3odgjJRI/AAAAAAAACAs/l9il_MV6tYo/s800/DSC00598.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lsFsWoTWya8/U-hPS7q3KZI/AAAAAAAACBs/bJM_7Aew6KE/s800/0711141941.jpg

srt8-in-largo
06-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Oh and yes I have a black 6... obviously. I prefer dark shields and think it looks the best, but it's definitely subjective.

DMAGOLDRDR
06-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Steve

I have the 13" Dark and rode home at night with light rain a few nights ago. With the Madstad shield adjusted to just see above it, I had enough wind to push the rain off my faceshield to keep it clear, and see the road clearly. Remember,, your not looking at the road right in front of you so the dark shield should not be a problem.

I spent most my money on Motorcycle and Women, the rest I just wasted

stevenolts
06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Thank you guys for your help.

I am going to order it tonight.
I will let you know how I like it after I get it installed.
Steve

stevenolts
06-17-2015, 11:27 PM
I ordered the 11" extra dark tint.

I saw that the extra dark was available in the 13" so when I called to order I asked the lady about it. She said I could order the extra dark in 11" and if I don't like it I can order a new outer shield for $110 (I think was the price) She also mentioned something about a 10% discount if I keep the original extra dark shield also.

Hopefully I will like the extra dark tint and not have to switch it out. I always wanted the real dark tinted windshield for my HD Fatboy but it was never available. HD made a short real dark windshield for the Road King that I always lusted after but not the Fatboy. So I am taking the gamble to have not only the best windshield but the dark look I always wanted. You only live once and there is nothing to good for my baby.
Steve

srt8-in-largo
06-17-2015, 11:35 PM
:yes:

:clap2:

DavidNC
06-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Got clear. I can see through it well and it seems to keep the illusion of a lower windscreen.

Hornblower
06-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Got clear. I can see through it well and it seems to keep the illusion of a lower windscreen.

:icon_ditto: for me. Mine is set so I don't have to look thru it unless I need to see something closer in. It's the illusion of still having a bagger-style screen that finally won me over with Madstad.

F6B1911
06-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Steve

I have the 11" dark for most riding, the dark matches the blacked out look, for a long trip I put on the 15" light grey. Thought I wanted the 15" in clear, but the light tint helps quite a bit with glare, and it's not dark enough to make a difference while night riding.