PDA

View Full Version : The rocket fuel and motor oil have arrived

taxfree4
06-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Just in time for Father's Day. F6B formula 12.5 w 35 oil and filter on the way.

Steve 0080
06-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Wow !!! More into ???

taxfree4
06-17-2015, 03:34 AM
Wow !!! More into ???

Brian is very thorough, there is no shopping cart on his website because every vehicle goes through him and the formula is mixed for that specific vehicle. A little expensive initially but 10,000 miles between oil changes it actually saves money in the end.

Fla_rider
06-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Brian is very thorough, there is no shopping cart on his website because every vehicle goes through him and the formula is mixed for that specific vehicle. A little expensive initially but 10,000 miles between oil changes it actually saves money in the end.

In the end of how many miles will it save you? and what does it do that makes it worth it otherwise?

taxfree4
06-17-2015, 07:44 AM
In the end of how many miles will it save you? and what does it do that makes it worth it otherwise?

You really have to go to his website and do some reading or talk to him, Brian will educate you better than I can on his ACES IV gas additive which has the upper cylinder lubricant and better gas mileage. Let's take a typical car with 140,000 miles on it and change the oil every 3000 that's 47 oil changes. With the Quantum Blue you do it every 10,000 that's 14 oil changes. Let's say you pay $3 a quart, 5 quarts at $15 an oil change that's $705.00. $11 a quart for the QB oil, $55 an oil change $770 total, but you're saving 33 oil changes, how much is your time worth? Even if you take 1/2 hour every oil change including clean up etc. That's 16+ hours, and that's just one vehicle, and you're getting a custom blend specifically made for the 1832 cc engine not a generic viscosity, one size fits many. You really have to go to the website and read or talk to Brian to really understand the benefits of custom blend oil and gas additive.

seadog
06-17-2015, 08:07 AM
All this oil is ok with Hondas warranty putting 10,000 miles on the oil changes?

taxfree4
06-17-2015, 09:09 AM
What is the reason for changing the oil after 3000? It's a precaution because of the breakdown of the sub par formula of present day oil. This oil has been tested over and over after even 14,000 mile intervals with not only no breakdown but no wear on the metals. Now if you want to change it every 4000 fine it'll cost a little more but the benefits will out way the cost. The same way guys change the floorboards before they bring the bike in with transmission issues, how can they prove it? It's a personal call.

ths61
06-17-2015, 10:40 AM
What is the reason for changing the oil after 3000? ....

Doesn't dirt play into this as well ? Amsoil used to make uber oil filters and bypass filters to compensate for dirt in longer oil life.

taxfree4
06-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Doesn't dirt play into this as well ? Amsoil used to make uber oil filters and bypass filters to compensate for dirt in longer oil life.

Brian makes his own filters but I think the breakdown of the oil, and I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, is more significant. What good is dirt free oil if the formula has broken down.

ths61
06-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Brian makes his own filters but I think the breakdown of the oil, and I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, is more significant. What good is dirt free oil if the formula has broken down.

I think both are needed (clean oil in good shape). My older brother's first car was an old Chevy Biscayne with a straight 6. After running Amsoil in it for a while, it started to leak like a sieve. The Amsoil detergent started cleaning out the sludge that was serving as gasket. :shock:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/media/complaints/images/c9ee44d6-5eec-102c-ab22-4eeebce64cc6r.jpg

edgeman55
06-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Interesting stuff.I will have to check out his website.I have been using Amsoil products for many years with great results.As a prefered cust it is around 10.00 a Qt by the case and with there filters one can go 25K under normal operating conditions.When I was working I commuted 60K a year from Santa Rosa Ca to San Francisco.So 300-400K every 5 years was normal for me.Extended oil changes saved me mula and all my trucks,cars were running great with no oil burn at these high mileages.One of my Toyota trucks I sold to a buddy with 420 thousand and at 500 thousand he wanted to do a top end job and we were amazed at how clean that 4 banger looked.Synthetics have really changed how one maintains a vehicle today and 3K oil changes are just a waste of money-IMHO.

taxfree4
06-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Interesting stuff.I will have to check out his website.I have been using Amsoil products for many years with great results.As a prefered cust it is around 10.00 a Qt by the case and with there filters one can go 25K under normal operating conditions.When I was working I commuted 60K a year from Santa Rosa Ca to San Francisco.So 300-400K every 5 years was normal for me.Extended oil changes saved me mula and all my trucks,cars were running great with no oil burn at these high mileages.One of my Toyota trucks I sold to a buddy with 420 thousand and at 500 thousand he wanted to do a top end job and we were amazed at how clean that 4 banger looked.Synthetics have really changed how one maintains a vehicle today and 3K oil changes are just a waste of money-IMHO.

Wow, you knock the snot out of your oil. BTW the misses and I are heading to San Francisco in July, been to San Diego, including Coronado peninsula, and as far north as San Simeon, should be a hoot.

edgeman55
06-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Wow, you knock the snot out of your oil. BTW the misses and I are heading to San Francisco in July, been to San Diego, including Coronado peninsula, and as far north as San Simeon, should be a hoot.

Yea living in the Bay Area I had to commute those long distances to afford a home.Grew up in Marin County when it was a middle class town.Now my Mom's 60 year old track home in Corte Madera 15 miles north of San Francisco is worth 1.2 million!-She paid 18,700 in 1964 for it?You will enjoy SF it is a beautiful city with many things to see.I worked on the streets there for 30+ years as a Service Tech for Pacific Gas & Electric.After retirement we moved up to Northern Nevada and love the non stress lifestyle here.Have a safe trip.