PDA

View Full Version : At long, long, long last----and expensive, too

Old Ryder
06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Finally got the Rockys Risers mounted under the Helibars. And sitting on the seat, I have finally got this beast where it will fit me. The bad news about the Helibars is that they now fit me----but because the lines and cables are tight as Dicks hat band there is not much adjustability left.

So--here I am--- Helibars, Madstad, Rockys Risers, Ultimate King Boy, Kury Mini Boards to finally get a position and a feel that I like.

Looks like all I got left are the 960s and heated grips for next winter and I am good to go!

Huummmmmm---torque tubes...........'popcorn and coke'

ths61
06-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Finally got the Rockys Risers mounted under the Helibars. And sitting on the seat, I have finally got this beast where it will fit me. The bad news about the Helibars is that they now fit me----but because the lines and cables are tight as Dicks hat band there is not much adjustability left.

So--here I am--- Helibars, Madstad, Rockys Risers, Ultimate King Boy, Kury Mini Boards to finally get a position and a feel that I like.

Looks like all I got left are the 960s and heated grips for next winter and I am good to go!

Huummmmmm---torque tubes...........'popcorn and coke'

Congrats.

How about heated seats to go with the heated grips, auto-pilot, a Traxxion front end, radar jammer and a few anti-aircraft ray guns for smokey in the air?

wantone
06-16-2015, 08:10 PM
That's awesome. I just installed my Helibars as well. But dealer did not leave the rocky's risers I had in place. He said cables wud be too tight. I wonder if there are longer cables available. I'm also looking for back rest for my mustang seat. Wud luv to have Ultimate but it will sit me higher and I'm very short.

srt8-in-largo
06-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Good deal Andrew! Glad the Rocky's made it back to you.

If you removed the cable clamps you might gain a bit more slack. Maybe put stainless steel cable wrap on the cables for protection? :shrug:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9cq6zS-09nQ/VXY99pCCE_I/AAAAAAAAC9Y/ErNBwgWUN5A/s800/DSC00751_zoom_arrows.JPG

Steve 0080
06-17-2015, 12:09 AM
+1 ...that will give you a inch or so more !!!