PDA

View Full Version : Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III?

Shiloh
06-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Hello folks! I'm new to this forum and I'm enjoying reading all the great info.
A week ago I traded in my custom Harley Fat Bob and bought a new F6B. Nice!
I am going to add highway pegs to stretch my legs. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. My question is this....Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III? I was seriously considering the Mick's but no one will answer my calls or emails. I guess biz is good.
Are the ERGO's the only other pegs I have as a choice? I really am not digging the RIVCO'S because I don't want to alter the valve cover.
Thanks in advance!
Matt

valkhound
06-17-2015, 08:23 PM
I have the Ergo III's on mine and like them very much. A lot of adjustiblity to get them right where you need them. I'd buy them again. :yes:

ths61
06-17-2015, 08:28 PM
The Rivco's have some forward/backward adjustment, but no vertical adjustment. They are too high for me, but YMMV.

I would put your bike on the center stand, put a box on the floor where the pegs would be, sit on the bike with your foot on the box to see if the position works for you and then choose pegs that can match the location (height, width, front/back and pitch).

Kury makes the Ergo 2 and 3's in various configurations.

Rivco makes 2 pairs (engine cover and crash bar).

53driver
06-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Of course, that's AFTER you find the correct seat, and then the correct windscreen.....
I'm 5'9", 30" inseam (Levi 501) and 200lbs. Had to go Rivco, feet couldn't reach the Ergos...

JackB
06-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Of course, that's AFTER you find the correct seat, and then the correct windscreen.....
I'm 5'9", 30" inseam (Levi 501) and 200lbs. Had to go Rivco, feet couldn't reach the Ergos...

If you would put the 6 inch arms they would fit you. I have the Ergos 2 with 6 inch and I love them.

53driver
06-17-2015, 08:43 PM
If you would put the 6 inch arms they would fit you. I have the Ergos 2 with 6 inch and I love them.

Aye, but I REALLY liked the Rivcos. And I still do. I like the way they fold up out of the way the most. Also, I can put my heels on them and stretch out my hamstrings while riding.

My Ergo IIIs are going to be auctioned or raffled at the Rally to help support this bad habit of a forum to which I'm addicted.

Shiloh
06-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks much! The ERGO's are sounding better all the time. I may look at RIVCO that mount on the crash bar as well.
Good Riding!
Matt

ths61
06-17-2015, 08:48 PM

I wish the Ergo II's with 6" arms were made in black.

stepbill
06-17-2015, 08:58 PM
I used to have the Mick-O-Pegs. The are built extremely well and I like the concept but I almost dropped by bike several times while using them. I had to take them off because when I went to put my left leg down to support the bike at a light or stop sign, my pants leg would get caught on the peg. I was also able to get the pant undone before the bike went over but I did not like that feeling. Ended up getting the Ergo III's and am really happy with them!

Steve 0080
06-18-2015, 01:09 AM
OHMMMMMMM..... i have had the areo pegs and the Mic-o- pegs..... I like the Mic-o-pegs.... either will sell well if you don't like !!!

jimsol1
06-18-2015, 06:25 AM
I bought step bill's mick o pegs, and love them. Had ergo II's 1st, they worked ok, but looked looked like an add on whereas the mick o pegs blend into the bike and are less obtrusive. Jim

Old Ryder
06-18-2015, 06:53 AM

I did mine in black PlastiDip. They look factory.

vmaxed
06-18-2015, 07:18 AM

I had them powdercoated :yes:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HaejkozLXtptQBbw-ax9nyWZaasLG0M-PkKvOhWGWvny=w1648-h927-no

DaWadd
06-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Yes look into the Rivco highway bar and pegs. Quality product. No cheap Kury chinese pot metal and crappy paint or chrome. http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/JeffsAero/IMG_9473_zpsy84lxbj2.jpg (http://s987.photobucket.com/user/JeffsAero/media/IMG_9473_zpsy84lxbj2.jpg.html)

Fla_rider
06-18-2015, 08:58 AM
I have the Ergo II with the 6" extensions powder coated black too.

Shiloh
06-18-2015, 09:33 AM
I wanted to talk with the folks at Mick O but seems phone calls and emails aren't answered. Soooo, its on to other companies.
Thanks for all the help folks!
Matt

Old Ryder
06-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Had a look, but their webpage looks a little dated. I could be wrong. At best it appears to be a small operation---not saying that is a bad thing--just an observation. :popcorn:

Shiloh
06-18-2015, 12:20 PM
I ended up ordering the black ERGO II. I'm 6' with 32" inseam. Based on what I have read here and from other sources, it should work fine. I'm not really getting forward pegs to use as my primary foot rest, but having owned Harleys, they are nice for stretching and repositioning.
Thanks for all the nice responses!
Matt

thatonebiker
06-18-2015, 01:07 PM
I have the mic o pegs and like them I have ride with the kury ergo2 before they worked but in to comfortable position they dragged easily in the corners . And I drag pegs in some corners

Shiloh
06-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I certainly was interested in talking to the owner of Mick O, but I went with what and who was available. Sorry, if after several attempts at contacting someone and no reply or acknowledgement, I figured red flag, move on.

ths61
06-18-2015, 05:32 PM
I did mine in black PlastiDip. They look factory.

Did you just PlastiDip the chrome extension (with black base kit) or did you PlastiDip the entire chrome kit ?

thatonebiker
06-20-2015, 07:13 PM
I certainly was interested in talking to the owner of Mick O, but I went with what and who was available. Sorry, if after several attempts at contacting someone and no reply or acknowledgement, I figured red flag, move on.
im surprised you couldn't get ahold of them I talked with them a few times and never had a problem getting ahold of them

Steve 0080
06-20-2015, 08:08 PM
They only use eml...I have done some business with them in the past week or so.... they do us the slowest mail possible...I can get a eml add if needed.................and I remember!

Shiloh
06-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I was about to pull the trigger on the Mick-O based on what I read on this forum. I just wanted to talk to someone about which size to order.
I emailed (twice) and called 3 times. No response. That has been 3 days now. I just went ahead and ordered the ERGO's.

Steve 0080
06-21-2015, 12:24 AM
I had not problems other that shipping...and they are on the cheap side of shipping..... Write to Jay and put something in the memo line so he knows it is not fake...

Mickopegs@Gmail.com

Jayrock
06-22-2015, 11:05 AM
There are black Ergo III's on my black beauty

Shiloh
06-22-2015, 02:21 PM
JayRock, how do you like them? I ordered the Black ERGO II.
Matt

Shiloh
06-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I got my ERGO II black forward pegs yesterday. Solid and good looking.
Installed them this morning. The installation was straight forward with very little issues. The only issue I had was getting those darn roll pins that are compressed between the mini arm and the paddle joint to stay while pulling the hex bolt in. I finally took a drill with a slightly over-sized bit and drilled about an eight of the way into the tiny holes. Just so I could push the role pins in to align them and screw bolt in. They stayed put, lined up and compressed just as they should.
Pegs look and feel great!:yes:
Matt

Wmorgan2k
06-30-2015, 11:44 PM
I have the Ergo II's on both the Wing and F6B. I'm 5'8" and I reach them no problem. The Valkyrie however the Ergo II's aren't long enough. Apparently I sit much further back so the ERGO III's will be going on that one. Either will work and definitely more adjustably with the Ergo III.

I haven't had any issues with Kury stuff so far and I've bought a lot of it. I have the drop mini boards on the wing and Ergo pegs on all of them and it's all really good. So far at least.

mike2000t
07-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I have the Micks for aggressive riders that are mounted to the vertical part of the engine guards. I love mine. Spring loaded so when they are now in use they come up and out of the way.

I am surprised you can't get them. They got back with me quickly and helped me pick the right setup. I think they are a smaller family owned business, so they may have an issue or are really busy. Email contact worked best for me - very responsive.

Greg O
07-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I just installed the Black Ergo 3 yesterday, they are very well made,comfortable, and very adjustable.

Shiloh
07-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Emailed twice and left 2 messages. That was 2 weeks ago with still no reply.
Don't matter, I love the black ERGOS!

edgeman55
07-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Installed the Black Ergo III's yesterday and I am very pleased with them.Followed the directions and the install was very easy.They have a lot of ways to adjust for almost any size rider and I really like the fact that they move up with your feet off them for more clearance.I give them a 4 star rating and a big:yes: