PDA

View Full Version : Audio Master

Mastergunny
06-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Has anyone mastered the audio system. Particularly the use of the system with an iPod plugged in? I have my good ole 4th or 5th gen 160gb iPod connected in my left saddle bag. Works great, quality is outstanding etc, but!!!!! I have not mastered the control of it.

Using the toggle switch on the left handlebar, I can press up and hold it, and it will give me the "Playlist", "Artist", "Song" options. Each time I hold the toggle up, it will switch between those options. The problem is, I don't know what to do once it is one what I want. It is like there is not and "ok" button, now play what is selected. Or how I can select what playlist, artist or song I want to play.

It would be great to easily be able to select one of these three options when I want to.

Fla_rider
06-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Here is how I use it. the lower toggle I use to change songs. The mode dial I use to change playlist, albums, All, artist.

So hit the mode switch select type of music i.e. Playlist, push, spin to Rock, push. On the display the first rock song appears, if you don't want to listen to that song, hit toggle on left handlebar to go to next song.

Mastergunny
06-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the information.

Fla_rider
06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm sure their might be another way, this is the way I do it. :shrug:

Injun Joe
06-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Has anyone mastered the audio system. Particularly the use of the system with an iPod plugged in? I have my good ole 4th or 5th gen 160gb iPod connected in my left saddle bag. Works great, quality is outstanding etc, but!!!!! I have not mastered the control of it.

Using the toggle switch on the left handlebar, I can press up and hold it, and it will give me the "Playlist", "Artist", "Song" options. Each time I hold the toggle up, it will switch between those options. The problem is, I don't know what to do once it is one what I want. It is like there is not and "ok" button, now play what is selected. Or how I can select what playlist, artist or song I want to play.

It would be great to easily be able to select one of these three options when I want to.

The audio system is a cruel joke foisted on us by someone with a 1990s fetish. Start with that knowledge and it becomes easier to perservere.

ths61
06-18-2015, 01:56 PM

I usually just jump playlists. Once you are on the playlist setting, press down to cycle through the individual playlists. Once you are on a playlist you want, press and hold down to start the first song in the playlist. It will then stay on that playlist. Then use up/down to go forward or back in the selected playlist.

FWIW, I setup my playlists as genre groups (all, rock, classical, jazz, R&B, country, etc.).

HTH

FWIW, my former bike had 12 presets for the AM, FM, XM Radio bands and CD Changer. When connected to an iPod, these 12 presets then selected between 12 Playlists on the iPod. The presets on the F6B appear to do nothing with the iPod interface.

The Slamming Butcher
06-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Here is how I use it. the lower toggle I use to change songs. The mode dial I use to change playlist, albums, All, artist.

So hit the mode switch select type of music i.e. Playlist, push, spin to Rock, push. On the display the first rock song appears, if you don't want to listen to that song, hit toggle on left handlebar to go to next song.

Ditto.