PDA

View Full Version : FOBO TPMS

Fla_rider
06-18-2015, 07:04 PM
On Monday I ordered from www.fobobikesales.com (Bob) a set of black FOBO bike sensors. Today on Thursday USPS delivered them. So I read the directions and downloaded the app. To my iPhone. Then I turned on Bluetooth and set up my bike profile. Then it was time to sync the sensors. This process took a little time and rereading the directions but finally I got the connection. I can't believe the variance of temperature and pressure. Here is some pics.

14755. 14756

Dang photos!

ths61
06-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Did you change out the 90 degree valve stems for straight metal ones ?

Rmw700
06-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Had them for several months
Love them

Steve 0080
06-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Does that mean they are accurate or a problem ?????

** When you go to your photo file...try selecting one ...go thru the process and then another...see if this helps...

stevenolts
06-18-2015, 09:11 PM
I have had them for a month or more and when I add air the sensors read very close to my gauge (no more than 1 lb +/-). I have the Harley Davidson gauge I bought for my old Fatboy so it is probably perfect right? The change in temp and pressure change as you ride really surprised me also.

Have you figured out how to get the Fobo app to start after you restart your phone? I have to turn my phone off and put it in a locker before going into work everyday. Some times I forget to restart the Fobo app. If it is not started I do not get warnings that the tires are low while I sleep at night or walk up to the bike before a ride.

One thing I learned is that if you do not have a compressor in your garage and you have to ride to a compressor to put air in your tires the readings will be way off.
Steve

Fla_rider
06-19-2015, 05:28 AM
Did you change out the 90 degree valve stems for straight metal ones ?

Nope, centrifuge pressure only pulls them outward which is only about 1/8" before the cap makes contact with the wheel.

Fla_rider
06-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Does that mean they are accurate or a problem ?????

** When you go to your photo file...try selecting one ...go thru the process and then another...see if this helps...

Nether Steve, just surprised at the variance of running temps and pressure. When I got home I had just ran 20 miles. After about an hour of figuringing everthing out the rear tire was still over 100 degrees. After about 3 hours the tires were down in the 80's. The rear tire varied from 55psi down to 39 psi. So the question is do I set the tires cold temp to 41 still?

stevenolts
06-19-2015, 08:43 AM
That is my concern because what temperature is the cold setting? It varies every day doesn't it? I have always heard you change the pressure in your tires for summer and winter.

I guess if we set the tire pressure when the tires cold or at normal temp before the bike is ridden on an average day then that is the best we can do.
Steve

MarcPW
06-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Do you live "DownUnder" ? :clap2:

Fla_rider
06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
No but I use a Ipad, and that's what happens, no matter which way you seem to turn the camera.

MisterB
12-27-2015, 02:50 AM
No but I use a Ipad, and that's what happens, no matter which way you seem to turn the camera.

Is your orientation locked? Swipe up and it's the lock symbol with an arrow around it.

Got my Fobo the other day, first box showed up empty, replacement came quickly.
I'm spoiled by hardwired system on ST1300 but this is certainly easier than laying on the ground to check the rear.
Mine seem to measure lower than 2 Milton gauges I checked against, before and after taking the cap off to verify, not enough for concern as I can easily factor in any difference. Really just want them to tell me there is air in the tire and it's somewhere near where I'd like it to be. I'll check accuracy again and just do a little math when using it.
App works well and bluetooth range is impressive. I checked the tires from upstairs bedroom.
I'd sure be in for 1 if they came out with a little receiver that could be hardwired.

The locknut is a nice feature, units are light but seem sturdy. O-ring makes tight seal.
3rd picture, (which shows right-side-up on my computer but not on tinypic?), shows the locknut wrench engaged with nut.

I still need to experiment with how the app works. Have it set for actionable alerts on iphone, the kind that show up in the middle of the screen and need to be dismissed. Will see if it alerts when app is not the main app running but is listed in "running" apps. Would be nice if it needed NO priming before riding and would light up a notification on a phone that screen is off.
I know it's doing something though, pressure after riding for an hour was a few pounds higher, as expected. Higher in the rear, which has also been my experience.

Not a whole lot of room to bend the valve stem thanks to the size of the Fobo, next set of tires I'll be putting in some Milton S409s (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CONUFQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER) (Worth reading the funny reaction to another review by an F6B rider) if I don't go with an internal TPMS. The rear tire is already showing quite a bit of wear after 2800 miles so I'll be getting into it by summertime.

http://i65.tinypic.com/15g8pwo.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/10cuobc.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/126abth.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/a3jng1.jpg