PDA

View Full Version : Honda of Russellville, paint quality?

SuperDave
07-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Just curious if anyone has bought one of the custom painted F6B's from Honda of Russellville in Arkansas. With all of the paint issues I am curious about the quality of the finish on those that they have painted. It might be a good option, not to mention I really like the orange one!

Of course, they are a long way from AZ.

Trike lady
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I believe a member here purchased a copper colored one from them.
If he visits the forum tonight he can tell you more about the bike.
I like the 'Colorized' ones.

timjoebob has one

SuperDave
07-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the reply and the welcome, Trike Lady. I'm not really new here, just haven't posted since the crash. (Forum crash, not mine!) :icon_razz:

bobbyf6b
07-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Just enjoy the ride on the way back! I kinda wish I knew about it before I bought mine, but I wanted black anyway.

When did the "crash" happen?

Phantom
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
When did the "crash" happen?

Almost 12 weeks ago, May 7th 2013.

100's of CenturyLink Websites were attacked by hackers.

:bowdown: The members on here have rebuilt this great website, I am proud to say that no one else even comes close :biggthumpup:

yellow rex
07-28-2013, 10:20 PM
SuperDave I have had a 2013 trike built by the shop
that does all of their work it is pretty good paint work.
The shop takes it apart and reassemble the bike. May
be cheaper to buy your bike and just have that shop
do the job cutes out the middle man.

edgeman55
07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
SuperDave I have had a 2013 trike built by the shop
that does all of their work it is pretty good paint work.
The shop takes it apart and reassemble the bike. May
be cheaper to buy your bike and just have that shop
do the job cutes out the middle man.

Whats the name of the shop?

timjoebob
07-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Just curious if anyone has bought one of the custom painted F6B's from Honda of Russellville in Arkansas. With all of the paint issues I am curious about the quality of the finish on those that they have painted. It might be a good option, not to mention I really like the orange one!

Of course, they are a long way from AZ.

Excellent quality. 3 coats with two clearcoats. No paint coming off on any rags.

Buying there was also my excuse for a road trip. :icon_wink:

I flew out free using award miles and rode home. It required some planning with packing, luggage, and figuring out how I'm gonna be comfortable for the next 1000 miles home to VA. (Phoenix to Russellville = 1200 miles) I rode a stock one at a local dealership and determined that I needed MBL handlebar risers and I had a Corbin seat made and shipped to the dealer before I picked it up. I also added a Honda luggage rack for my small bag. I had a larger bag strapped to the passenger grab rails. All the accessories were installed as ordered. They made a mistake on installation of the luggage rack and wedged a spacer into the paint. When removed, it scratched the paint. They're sending me touch-up paint.

They were good to work with but make sure you have everything all spelled out. Make sure your list of options on the Signature Series bike matches their list. I had to "remind" them of a couple of things.

What color are you thinking about? Wait... you said orange... nice!

yellow rex
07-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Edgeman55 Horizon Trike, I do not post much but I have never been without
a motorcycle since I was 7 years old. I am 54 at this time.

bobbyf6b
07-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Excellent quality. 3 coats with two clearcoats. No paint coming off on any rags.

Buying there was also my excuse for a road trip. :icon_wink:

I flew out free using award miles and rode home. It required some planning with packing, luggage, and figuring out how I'm gonna be comfortable for the next 1000 miles home to VA. (Phoenix to Russellville = 1200 miles) I rode a stock one at a local dealership and determined that I needed MBL handlebar risers and I had a Corbin seat made and shipped to the dealer before I picked it up. I also added a Honda luggage rack for my small bag. I had a larger bag strapped to the passenger grab rails. All the accessories were installed as ordered. They made a mistake on installation of the luggage rack and wedged a spacer into the paint. When removed, it scratched the paint. They're sending me touch-up paint.

They were good to work with but make sure you have everything all spelled out. Make sure your list of options on the Signature Series bike matches their list. I had to "remind" them of a couple of things.

What color are you thinking about? Wait... you said orange... nice!

That copper color is really nice looking. Reminds me of the 08 HD copper/black. Great combo, especially here in AZ since copper is a major economical engine for us.