PDA

View Full Version : Governor and rev limmiter

stevenolts
06-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Is it possible to remove the top speed governor? Will it hurt the bike?

On my Harley once I added Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pro-pipe, Power Commander 5, and heavy breather I was able to have the rev limiter increased. Can we do that on the F6B or will that cause damage or extra wear on the engine?
Steve

bigbird
06-19-2015, 11:59 AM

The speed limiter is built into the programming of the ECU.
Don Guhl can reflash your ECU and remove the speed limiter.
Otherwise, no.

fl1madmax
07-17-2015, 07:39 AM
The speed limiter is built into the programming of the ECU.
Don Guhl can reflash your ECU and remove the speed limiter.
Otherwise, no.
I like speed, have a F6B 2013 and Hate that it stops at 125, my Z1000 stops at 165, I think Honda should do at least 145 !
who and what does he do !!!!!!! John thanks !!!!

typhoon186
07-17-2015, 08:30 AM
There is another option, two I think.

One is install a Speed-o-healer and change the calibration so the speedometer reads lower than true speed. Make it off by 10% or 20% ect. and just know what the actual is compared to the readout. If you could switch the speedometer readout to KPH, you could calibrate the speed-o-healer so the readout in KPH was actually MPH but the ecm wouldn't know it and not stop you at 125.

The other option would be to cut the signal wire to the ecm that gives it the speed. That's all that signal wire is used for. I 'don't know of hand which wire it is.

if you have Guhl remove the top speed limiter, you can also have it remove the 1st gear torque limiter at the same time and of course optimize the a/f ratio.

seadog
07-17-2015, 09:07 AM
There is another option, two I think.

One is install a Speed-o-healer and change the calibration so the speedometer reads lower than true speed. Make it off by 10% or 20% ect. and just know what the actual is compared to the readout. If you could switch the speedometer readout to KPH, you could calibrate the speed-o-healer so the readout in KPH was actually MPH but the ecm wouldn't know it and not stop you at 125.

The other option would be to cut the signal wire to the ecm that gives it the speed. That's all that signal wire is used for. I 'don't know of hand which wire it is.

if you have Guhl remove the top speed limiter, you can also have it remove the 1st gear torque limiter at the same time and of course optimize the a/f ratio.

I am sure if you torched your motor by removing said limiter that Honda would bow out of any warranty that was left on the bike. Just producing some pros and cons. I am sure Honda has a very reasonable price on a replacement engine. NOT!

typhoon186
07-17-2015, 10:15 AM
I am sure if you torched your motor by removing said limiter that Honda would bow out of any warranty that was left on the bike. Just producing some pros and cons. I am sure Honda has a very reasonable price on a replacement engine. NOT!

correct without a doubt. But removing these limiters has no adverse affects on engine reliability and when was the last time you heard of a GL1800 engine failure?

DarkKnt
07-17-2015, 01:36 PM
I didn't know the F6B had one.... What numbers are you talking?

fl1madmax
07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
I didn't know the F6B had one.... What numbers are you talking?

I talked to Don Guhl , for about $400 he can change the Limit 500-700 rpm, and change the timing and fuel curve, remove speed limit .
I'm thinking the F6B will top out at 145 which is fine by me, 100mph is red line in 4th !!!!!! so 145 is possible. Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!

MotoMike
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Who is Don Guhl?

53driver
06-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Who is Don Guhl?

Independent mech with a flair for ECU remapping. Especially Gold Wings.
"google" him....

shooter
06-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I know its an old thread , almost a year ago since madmax posted that the B would redline at 100 mph in fourth. That's not true. It will run faster than that in fourth before it hits redline.

shooter
06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Guhl is a wizard with a lot of bikes. The GL1800 us one of his latest conquests. If you've heard of Brocks Performance then you know that Brocks is all about Sport bike performance. Guhl does Brocks ECU flashing. Don't Guhl is the Man when it comes to electronic enhancement.

MotoMike
06-06-2016, 09:57 PM
I know Brocks very well. I bought one of his dual full ti-exhaust for my ZX14R. Also got his PC5 loaded with maps for track/street pump/race fuel. 211hp, 127tq. Only bike that ever made examine my feeble mortality.

MotoMike
06-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Thanks. Right after I asked the question, I found more about the guy on a similar thread here.

shooter
06-06-2016, 10:04 PM
If I can stop riding long enough to tear it down next winter I'm gonna get Guhl to do the reflash for me.

Penguin
06-06-2016, 10:58 PM

On my Harley once I added Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pro-pipe, Power Commander 5, and heavy breather I was able to have the rev limiter increased. Can we do that on the F6B or will that cause damage or extra wear on the engine?
Steve

Why would you do that?:nono:

MotoMike
06-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Im not looking to go racing or do 3rd gear wheelies, ok, maybe 2ND gear wheelies...The main reason I would be interested in a remapped ecu is to make sure I get optimum fueling with my torq loopz and cobra 6's and avoid lean conditions under load or WOT. And lose the governor setting of course.
Just out of curiousity, has anyone here that has that exhaust setup ever pull plugs for a reading?