PDA

View Full Version : Guns, what sort of response

cosborn
06-19-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris

:039::039::039::039:

wjduke
06-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Blaming guns for what happened the other day, at Sandy Hook, and any other devastating crime like that, is like me blaming a fork for making me fat....I'm not a gun owner and don't even like them, but that's my response. You'll never stop crazy people.

ths61
06-19-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris

Gun laws won't stop it. Look at South Chicago, some of the toughest gun laws in the US, highest murder rates in the US ( over 400 last year, how many were publicized ? ) and the lowest press coverage of their murders ( why is that ? ). If they were published, the real reasons would become obvious (and could be addressed), not legal gun ownership.

If the congregation had trained concealed carry owners, the criminal would not have been able to reload 5 times. The numerous times where CCW owners have stopped bad things from happening never make the news ( why is that ? ). If they did make the news, there would be a deterrent for future criminals ( why do criminals attack posted "Gun Free Zones" ? ). Why won't anti-2A types post "Gun Free Zone" signs on their property ?

More people are killed by doctors and hospital caused infections each year than guns. Should we outlaw doctors and hospitals ?

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a leftist's "nocturnal emission" as depicted by BHO's typical response, "We know none of the facts, yet I will open my ignorant biased yap and say American has to ban guns".

Many other tools are used to kill more people than guns in the US and no one suggests banning them. If a criminal is determined, s/he will find a tool to do the job.

bigbird
06-19-2015, 03:59 PM

The same situation in Canada.

We just sit back and watch killing after killing in the US and shrug it off, just like most Americans do.

stroguy
06-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Why do your police need hand guns?

stroguy
06-19-2015, 04:27 PM
The same situation in Canada.

We just sit back and watch killing after killing in the US and shrug it off, just like most Americans do.

Must be a boring place if you sit and watch our murders. Do you tally the knivings, blunt instrument murders, strangulation murders and the use of garden implement murders?

F6B1911
06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
... "We know none of the facts, yet I will open my ignorant biased yap and say American has to ban guns". .

If you believe America has to ban guns, you will have to ban automobiles, automobiles kill people.
You will have to ban fast food restaurants,
you will have to ban ladders, crosswalks, chainsaws, knives forks, drugs, etc.

Do you know the statistics of how many law abiding citizens with a CCW have committed a crime like this?
Of all of the similar crimes committed with a firearm, how many have "mental health" issues?

ths61
06-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Must be a boring place if you sit and watch our murders. Do you tally the knivings, blunt instrument murders, strangulation murders and the use of garden implement murders?

"... According to several research studies in the last decade, a total of 225,000 Americans per year have died as a result of their medical treatments ..."

"... America's healthcare-system-induced deaths are the third leading cause of the death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer. ..."

http://www.health-care-reform.net/causedeath.htm

The "ban guns" argument is a "anti-2A PC" versus "Fact" argument. If American deaths were the true issue, the above numbers would be all over the news, but they are not.

Your collective doctors are 64 times (2450%) more likely to kill you than someone with a gun is.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038889_doctors_guns_statistics.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs-600.jpg

RickJ
06-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Why do your police need hand guns?

Thank-you...don't know who will "get" this.

cosborn
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Yep i agree with some of the sentiments here, and yes many people die through road trauma, medical situations but surely if you reduce access to weapons shouldn't that help in reducing the number of these crimes, yep i know there will still be the odd screwball who will attack with a knife or some other means bur surely this can be reduced.........OR IS IT TOO LATE.

Our cops now carry guns due to the Ice/drug situation and the fact that our crims still have access to firearms, couple this with the fact that we don't manage our mental cases the way we should, we have given them too much freedom and believe they should be in the community. I don't think anyone has the answer.

Interesting to note that if our Police draw their guns for any reason they answer for it and the paperwork id horrendous.

Chris

stroguy
06-19-2015, 05:03 PM
i can be calmed by the fact that today over 100 million legal hand gun owner did not perpetrate a crime. I find that an extremely settling fact and convinces me that we fight a cultural issue. is it any less insane for a 15 year old student to be gunned down as a victim of mistaken identity in South Chicago than 9 parishioners in a church? I think not. Murderous intent is murderous intent.

Retired Army
06-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Two items that will remain with society until the end are racism and guns. I have no answer for eliminating racism, perhaps going back to the gun control laws of the old west might be the answer. The fastest draw is the boss, no second place.

bigbird
06-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Must be a boring place if you sit and watch our murders.

Can't help it.
Our news reports the same outrageous shit you read and see.

stroguy
06-19-2015, 05:15 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs-600.jpg[/IMG]

When a police officer shoots and kills someone it is a homicide.

When Sarah --Kinley shot gunned an intruder trying to harm her baby it is classified a homicide.

When Joe Thug enters my house and is carried out feet first by the coroner that is a homicide.

Don't be misled that homicide is murder. A favorite tactic of liberals.

53driver
06-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Can't help it.

Might I suggest www.nakednews.com ????
Based out of Canada, I think.....

ths61
06-19-2015, 05:21 PM
When a police officer shoots and kills someone it is a homicide.

When Sarah --Kinley shot gunned an intruder trying to harm her baby it is classified a homicide.

When Joe Thug enters my house and is carried out feet first by the coroner that is a homicide.

Don't be misled that homicide is murder. A favorite tactic of liberals.

Thanks for pointing that distinction out. Those numbers are for ALL gun related deaths, not specifically crimes. Even so, the all-inclusive ratios speak for themselves. The lefties spotlight the microbe, while ignoring the elephant.

Also, I personally take suicides (2/3rds) out of those statistics. If it is not a gun, it will be a bridge, train, cliff, drugs, razor blade, state sponsored euthanasia, BHOCare, belt, rope, huffing, suffixation, asphyxiation, etc.

jm21ddd15
06-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Can't help it.
95% of the news programs are owned and operated by the Liberal Left. That's why you see this stuff. As horrible as these crimes are, the "left liberal news" takes every opportunity to sensationalize these stories, many times for political gain. Sad this happens, but it's true. I'm a life-long NRA member. As far back as I can remember, none of these mass shooting has been done by any of our members. Responsible people with guns are not a problem, it's the wackos.

seadog
06-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Maybe he would be happier if those killed were just thrown out of windows instead of being shot. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. The USA has 20,000 gun laws on the books. None of which stop people from killing people.
One reason if you look back at world war 2, the only reason the Japanese didn't attack the US mainland was because they knew Americans all had guns. And if they relaxed the gun laws in Chicago and everyone was armed you would see the murder rate drop by a very large amount.

motozeke
06-19-2015, 05:58 PM

Well... you'll get an education on that from this crowd, to be sure. I think they might find it interesting to hear how Australia went from a gun ownership culture to a post-gun ownership culture. Not that it would change anybody's mind, but it might help them understand that such a transition is possible for a Western industrialized country. If it wanted to. Which America doesn't and may never want to do in my lifetime, anyway.

taxfree4
06-19-2015, 05:58 PM

Chris

Had someone in that church been armed that massacre would have never happened. Thieves, rapists, murderers, drug dealers don't pay attention to laws. When you have someone bent on murdering at random the only thing that will stop him is someone who can defend at random. In my church we are always ready because a sicko like this will look to go where they think the guns aren't. What I'd like to know is what kind of ADD, ADHD or other psychotropic medication this animal was on. And like Adam Lanza did his mother buy him the gun.

stroguy
06-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Well... you'll get an education on that from this crowd, to be sure. I think they might find it interesting to hear how Australia went from a gun ownership culture to a post-gun ownership culture. Not that it would change anybody's mind, but it might help them understand that such a transition is possible for a Western industrialized country. If it wanted to. Which America doesn't and may never want to do in my lifetime, anyway.

You speak wisely my friend. If the 2A pains people so badly then they really should consider leaving. I fully accept the fact that dirt bags coexist everyday in, near and around my neighborhood, but I ain't not leavin. If me carrying a hand gun disrupts your comfort level you should really consider leaving, because you are so correct. It won't happen in yours or my lifetime.

bigbird
06-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Might I suggest www.nakednews.com ????
Based out of Canada, I think.....

My 26 y.o. unmarried son loves that website. I can't say i blame him.
Pretty crazy stuff.

I'll add that it's interesting how compartmentalized this forum is.
You're either a liberal wacko or a right-wing gun toting ultra conservative. Nothing in between.

Is mainstream America similarly compartmentalized?

dickiedeals
06-19-2015, 07:09 PM

Chris

Guns don't kill people....People Kill People........Dickie

GNW
06-19-2015, 07:10 PM

Chris

OMG did you (I can't remember) miss the other two threads relating to guns?
Or, are you just trolling?
I think on one of those is how we lost Limoles.
And yes, us Americans are entrenched in gun ownership, but thanks for asking.

dickiedeals
06-19-2015, 07:13 PM
So if this nut had run his truck into the church and killed those people, Would we be wanting to outlaw truck ownership.. It makes about as much since!....Dickie

Bill1584
06-19-2015, 07:27 PM
So the way I see it is this. Australian laws are for Australians to contemplate. Canadian laws are for Canadians to contemplate. US laws are for us to contemplate. I cannot recall anyone challenging Australian or Canadian laws. Yes, we are comfortable with our firearms laws. This is not complicated. Please have your opinions, but don't be pricks about it. No one will make his world more perfect by ragging on the members of this forum. I'm out of the gun debate here. US citizens please vote for whomever or whatever you choose, but please get out and vote.

Bill Strange

BuzzzPhotos
06-19-2015, 07:33 PM
I just received my Lifetime NRA Membership card. The new open carry laws here in Texas should also be interesting to talk about.

troypennock
06-19-2015, 07:57 PM
I think some people are misled by the current day arguments. The Second Amendment is in the Constitution to Protect The People from the government. John Adams, I believe, said a good revolution is needed, from time to time, to clean out some of the excesses that creep into government. I am not "all for" a revolution, yet. But, if the Professional Democrats and Republicans keep infringing on my Constitutionally given rights I could change my mind.

dickiedeals
06-19-2015, 08:06 PM
I think some people are misled by the current day arguments. The Second Amendment is in the Constitution to Protect The People from the government. John Adams, I believe, said a good revolution is needed, from time to time, to clean out some of the excesses that creep into government. I am not "all for" a revolution, yet. But, if the Professional Democrats and Republicans keep infringing on my Constitutionally given rights I could change my mind.

Couldn't have said it better myself...........Dickie

shooter
06-19-2015, 09:14 PM

Chris

You know Cos , you answered your own question. You said that only law enforcement and criminals have weapons. I don't want to be the guy standing around with my Johnson in my hand. I should at least have the the same rights as the criminal. I should have the right to defend my family , my home , and my business if somone threatens my way of life. If you don't want a gun , that's OK with me. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me or mine. Oh by the way , they aren't taking our guns. There are too many guys like me. We aren't going to roll over and hand them in.

shooter
06-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Pretty crazy stuff.

You're either a liberal wacko or a right-wing gun toting ultra conservative. Nothing in between.

Bird I am proud to be a right wing gun toting ultra conservative. I'm a Patron Member of the NRA. Most if all I'm an American and I exercise all the rights provided to me by my Constitution. Those rights are defended daily by our Soldiers and Police Officers all over the world. If they can put their life on the line to defend our way of life then I can damn sure enjoy those freedoms they are trying so hard to protect.

bigbird
06-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Bird I am proud to be a right wing gun toting ultra conservative. I'm a Patron Member of the NRA. Most if all I'm an American and I exercise all the rights provided to me by my Constitution. Those rights are defended daily by our Soldiers and Police Officers all over the world. If they can put their life on the line to defend our way of life then I can damn sure enjoy those freedoms they are trying so hard to protect.

And so you should!

BIGLRY
06-19-2015, 10:46 PM
I am proud to be a right wing gun toting ultra conservative. I'm a Patron Member of the NRA. Most if all I'm an American and I exercise all the rights provided to me by my Constitution. Those rights are defended daily by our Soldiers and Police Officers all over the world. If they can put their life on the line to defend our way of life then I can damn sure enjoy those freedoms they are trying so hard to protect.Amen brother,
your preachen to the choir and the "choir" is a majority of American's citizens, not Canada's, not Australia's, nor any other country that has stifled it citizen's rights to protect themselves against those who are more than willing to harm or take what you have... including your life without any thought or caring to what the laws are.

"when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" I for one could not live in any country like that and don't understand how a rationally thinking person could, but then again I'm an American and don't expect any foreigner to understand the American constitution and its sacredly held rights that men and women have died for here and abroad any better than I understand their basically false rational explanations to ban firearms. :301:

ths61
06-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Food for thought. The US anti-gun laws took its queue from Nazi Germany and the subsequent Nuremberg Trials. Hitler thought gun registration, gun control and gun bans was a great idea and it worked well for him.

When you have gun registration, you know where to confiscate them from (just like what happened in New Orleans during Katrina when the law abiding citizens needed their guns the most). If you think it can't happen in the US, it already has. Something to ponder for the next proposed gun restriction initiatives.

the-nazi-roots-of-u-s-gun-control-laws/ (http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/the-nazi-roots-of-u-s-gun-control-laws/)

http://www.wnd.com/files/2012/12/washington121229b.jpg

cosborn
06-20-2015, 03:42 AM
Thanks guys, your comments have given me something to think about. I think it must be a cultural thing, not knocking that but just different views, and respected.

Now back to servicing my F6

Cheers and happy riding 'gw-smiley''gw-smiley''gw-smiley''gw-smiley'

Chris

stroguy
06-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Amen brother,
your preachen to the choir and the "choir" is a majority of American's citizens, not Canada's, not Australia's, nor any other country that has stifled it citizen's rights to protect themselves against those who are more than willing to harm or take what you have... including your life without any thought or caring to what the laws are.

"when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" I for one could not live in any country like that and don't understand how a rationally thinking person could, but then again I'm an American and don't expect any foreigner to understand the American constitution and its sacredly held rights that men and women have died for here and abroad any better than I understand their basically false rational explanations to ban firearms. :301:

Wowwee man is that on point. Is it truly freedom when outlaws can run rampant with guns, knives and clubs and the citizenry has been classified as irresponsible and disarmed? No freakin way is that gonna happen bitches.

Chris, I don't want to appear to be piling on because you have been amicable and frank about how our system works and your lack of understanding. I just want to ask a question. Is it possible in your home tonight to be invaded by hand gun armed criminals? And if so, as a trained soldier what will be your counterforce and what would be your preferred response if the first seems inadequate? I can't fathom how a trained military man or woman can be lumped into the 'can't be trusted' group of citizens. Cheers to you.

Randy

bob109
06-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Austria is about to ban all automobiles:shock: Guess if you don't have a gun you can inflict harm on others by any means:icon_frown:
It appears a "Whack Job" plowed into a group of people killing three:icon_frown:

jaygollner
06-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Pretty crazy stuff.

Let me beg to differ, I am a moderate Dem who believes in intelligent gun laws. I also have a lifetime Concealed Carry permit Issued by the state of Indiana.

I really get tired of people bringing up Chicago and their gun deaths without examining where those guns come from. Many if not the majority come from here in Indiana, I have seen it first hand at the local gunshow.
From WGN news Chicago.

In six years, 3,824 guns taken off Chicago gang bangers that were used in crimes came from our next door neighbor: Indiana. It’s why WGN Investigates took undercover cameras over the border to see why.

http://wgntv.com/2014/09/03/indiana-guns-favorite-of-chicago-gangbangers/

stroguy
06-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Were the gunshow vendors handing out instructions on how to shoot the competition in the drug wars of South Chicago? It still takes a lack of respect for fellow man and a desire to inflict violence. Is taking away guns going to remedy that mindset? No way in a million years. Man you can get shot or knifed in Chicago for wearing a Chisox cap.

jaygollner
06-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Were the gunshow vendors handing out instructions on how to shoot the competition in the drug wars of South Chicago? It still takes a lack of respect for fellow man and a desire to inflict violence. Is taking away guns going to remedy that mindset? No way in a million years. Man you can get shot or knifed in Chicago for wearing a Chisox cap.

It sounds like you have never visited Chicago, I go there all the time with no problems.

firetech
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Just my simple logic... while the criminals still have a means to do harm, I want the right to protect myself, family
and the innocent.

stroguy
06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
I have been to Chicago with no problems. Been to Houston with no problems. Been to a lot of cities with no problems. But the violence figures for Chicago are not made up. Are there certain areas of Chicago you will not go near? Cause there are points in Houston I would not go near with a Sherman tank and air cover. It's even hard for the police to stray into. My point was towards your inference that there lies some responsibility on the gunshow vendors. Are there any guns confiscated that were purchased in Detroit? Or how many of the confiscated guns were stolen after sale at the gunshow in Indiana. There is a large anti-gunshow agenda in this country and it wouldn't surprise me if WGN has a nickel in that kitty. Has WGN ever studied on the book gun laws and how they are failing? Why there is a culture of having the gun for those 3824 gangsters? I find it scary that they classified 3824 as gang bangers. Must be some cultural high for being a gang banger.

Navvet
06-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Why are the media (and this forum) not talking about the real problem ?????

Two things all mass shootings in the US over the last 30 years have had in common;

1) Gun free zones, they only happen in areas where the common person is not able to defend themselves.

2) Mood altering drugs .... The solution with most parents and doctors seems to be to give the kids anti-depressants.

Let's have a discussion about those .....

jaygollner
06-20-2015, 02:29 PM
I have been to Chicago with no problems. Been to Houston with no problems. Been to a lot of cities with no problems. But the violence figures for Chicago are not made up. Are there certain areas of Chicago you will not go near? Cause there are points in Houston I would not go near with a Sherman tank and air cover. It's even hard for the police to stray into. My point was towards your inference that there lies some responsibility on the gunshow vendors. Are there any guns confiscated that were purchased in Detroit? Or how many of the confiscated guns were stolen after sale at the gunshow in Indiana. There is a large anti-gunshow agenda in this country and it wouldn't surprise me if WGN has a nickel in that kitty. Has WGN ever studied on the book gun laws and how they are failing? Why there is a culture of having the gun for those 3824 gangsters? I find it scary that they classified 3824 as gang bangers. Must be some cultural high for being a gang banger.

They are really just small businessmen protecting their market share, If drugs were legalized the would not see the profit margin that makes so many of them willing to gamble their lives for it.
We kind of have that whole gun violence history going on here stretching back to at least the days of prohibition.

The most important thing to remember is that I am not in favor of giving our guns back, all I would propose would be stronger laws and enforcement on gun sales.
I wouldn't mind seeing all private sales with the exception of transfers within a family go through the process.

If you consider that Indiana allows unlimited non documented private sales and that thousands of those guns end up with the gang bangers in Chicago, I would hope that reasonable people would agree that the more we can degrade their ability to access weapons the less people they will be able to kill.

stroguy
06-20-2015, 02:47 PM
I concur to some extent, whether they go to Indiana or the Ukraine, narcotics and gang bangin are occupations and they are going to get their weapons to kill one another. Shoot, even eric holder might get them a few firearms.

BIGLRY
06-20-2015, 03:22 PM
I concur to some extent, whether they go to Indiana or the Ukraine, narcotics and gang bangin are occupations and they are going to get their weapons to kill one another. Shoot, even eric holder might get them a few firearms.
http://dcgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/eric-holder-wanted-poster.jpg

fxdl2051
06-20-2015, 03:34 PM
It's a fine line here in the States. On the one hand our Constitution allows it,on the other hand they were referring to the right to own and bare flintlocks. As a NRA member I am justifiably suspicious of any attempts to control firearms (Nazi Germany is the perfect example of why this is a bad idea), on the other hand the continuing increasing lethality of small arms exceeds any common sense need by an individual owner. When I worked in Hawaii I never saw gunshot victems where guns were rare, most assualts were knives or baseball bats, on the other hand in Phoenix where they were hyperabundant, gunshot traumas were very common, heck I even got shot at myself.
There is something else that cannot be proved directly, many of these high profile cases in the media, I believe result from the gov' t itself. Operation Fast and Furious was only one example where the gov't itself was the gun runner and instigator of violence. As far back as the 50's the CiA's, MKUltra research was involved in converting ordinary people into assassins. Much of what passes as domestic terrorism looks like a latter version of these experiements in psy ops. So whether many of these events are manufactured events employeed to sway public opinion till the gullible public clamors for the remedy of a more totalitarian state, I have no clear idea. In this same vein, the rampent violence depicted daily in the media I believe to be a form of social enginnering creating many of the same effects, at the very least, it creates the percursors of social violence. For that matter, DOD subcontractors have been creating on line personeas for various purposes which honestly make me look slightly askew at these kinds of discussions in general, but what the heck, for the record I maintain a horde of ninja treefrogs for my own personal self protection.

cosborn
06-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I recognise that you all have valid points and I'm not condemning anyone for that.

Randy, you made a good point about having my house broken into, and i guess i would do what i have to, to protect my family but that would not extend to the use of a firearm. This is just the way we have been conditioned to live here.

The chances of having my house broken into, unless i'm into drugs or a criminal are pretty low, however, having said that, I have had my house broken into while i was asleep inside. I woke up at about 01:00 hours one morning (my wife was at work Nursing) and my boys were asleep in their rooms, I noticed a figure standing by my bedroom door shining a small torch around the room, obviously looking for stuff. I lied there watching until i was well awake and trying to determine if it was one of my boys and then i hit the floor running, took about 4 steps and thought to myself, what are you doing, you're 63 he is probably fairly young so i stopped. He took off the way he had come through the backyard window never to be seen again.

I never once considered that he may be armed and in fact i have quite an extensive collection of swords and never gave a thought to picking one up.
I called the local Police who arrived about two hours later and i said to them that the only reason i called them was for their statistics, anyway, nothing was taken.
Suffice to say something like that tends to rattle you a bit, and from then on i have actually locked the doors before going to bed, never did in the past though.

Chris :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

jm21ddd15
06-20-2015, 04:00 PM
I recognise that you all have valid points and I'm not condemning anyone for that.

Randy, you made a good point about having my house broken into, and i guess i would do what i have to, to protect my family but that would not extend to the use of a firearm. This is just the way we have been conditioned to live here.

The chances of having my house broken into, unless i'm into drugs or a criminal are pretty low, however, having said that, I have had my house broken into while i was asleep inside. I woke up at about 01:00 hours one morning (my wife was at work Nursing) and my boys were asleep in their rooms, I noticed a figure standing by my bedroom door shining a small torch around the room, obviously looking for stuff. I lied there watching until i was well awake and trying to determine if it was one of my boys and then i hit the floor running, took about 4 steps and thought to myself, what are you doing, you're 63 he is probably fairly young so i stopped. He took off the way he had come through the backyard window never to be seen again.

I never once considered that he may be armed and in fact i have quite an extensive collection of swords and never gave a thought to picking one up.
I called the local Police who arrived about two hours later and i said to them that the only reason i called them was for their statistics, anyway, nothing was taken.
Suffice to say something like that tends to rattle you a bit, and from then on i have actually locked the doors before going to bed, never did in the past though.

Never locked the doors before? Wow, you are lucky! Do you lock your car when you park it, or your cycle? Most places in the US, well your asking for trouble if you don't lock up. Some insurance companies don't like claims of stolen vehicles, or unlawful entry, if your stuff wasn't locked. Just a heads-up, if you travel over here. :yes:

jaygollner
06-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Never locked the doors before? Wow, you are lucky! Do you lock your car when you park it, or your cycle? Most places in the US, well your asking for trouble if you don't lock up. Some insurance companies don't like claims of stolen vehicles, or unlawful entry, if your stuff wasn't locked. Just a heads-up, if you travel over here. :yes:

Locks don't stop real criminals, but they sure do keep the amateurs honest.

cosborn
06-20-2015, 06:17 PM
We certainly lock the cars up these days, although my sister and father living on the South Coast never used to and my father often left the keys in the ignition. I think those days have gone now, pity.

Chris

stroguy
06-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Wow Chris, that's some scary schnitz. In some liberal minds that event could be twisted against you that you were at fault for leaving your doors unlocked. That's the lunacy we fight in our liberal swinging legal system. Just look at Baltimore when a mayor told a police force to let people break stuff. Sacrifice my home or business for the rioters. Ugh.

ths61
06-20-2015, 08:20 PM
http://dcgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/eric-holder-wanted-poster.jpg

Don't forget about this California Left Wing/Anti-2A Senator/Gun Runner. We can't have guns according to his laws, but he can traffic guns to fill his re-election war chest with the profits (now I know why they call it a war chest) and then use his war chest to pay for his criminal defense. We would have that money confiscated, but not Dem senator Leland Yee.

http://ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Leland-Yee1.jpg

Steve 0080
06-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Why are the media (and this forum) not talking about the real problem ?????

Two things all mass shootings in the US over the last 30 years have had in common;

1) Gun free zones, they only happen in areas where the common person is not able to defend themselves.

2) Mood altering drugs .... The solution with most parents and doctors seems to be to give the kids anti-depressants.

Let's have a discussion about those .....

DRUGS NOW THAT IS THE PROBLEM !!!!!!! Check on the mass shooting ALL were on drugs... and think about it are not drugs banned/illeagle ...same effect with guns...only the people who want them could get them !!!

Bill1584
06-20-2015, 09:12 PM
We certainly lock the cars up these days, although my sister and father living on the South Coast never used to and my father often left the keys in the ignition. I think those days have gone now, pity.

Chris

Had a large portion of my youth in south Louisiana here. Same damn deal. I had a deer rifle and a duck gun in my closet at 10 years old. Keys in ignitions and unlocked doors. My mom sometimes shot feral cats and possums with 22 rat shot. Just scared then off. Good times. It's all got to be true still somewhere, that kind of peace. Maybe I find that place one day. It won't be this year, tho.

cosborn
06-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris

ths61
06-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Yep i remember when i grew up in the centre of Melbourne we had a ferrel cat problem and i often came home from school and found my mother in the backyard with the .22 and a hand full of bullets, i always reckoned that the men in white coats would come and drag her off but they never did i guess the neighbours just accepted it and kept their heads down when they heard her shooting.

As far as drugs go i think that the majority of our problems here are drug related especially ice which apparently is cheap enough but users still need money to buy it.

Chris

Australia seems to have a lot of feral critters that require culling.

Cull Hunting (http://huntaust.com.au/game/cullhunting.html)

Steve 0080
06-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!

jaygollner
06-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Drugs are the root of all evil...80% of time is drug related, in one form or other...100% of all US monies in this country have coke on them...I say legalize ALL drugs, so you can buy the stuff at the 7-11...and let them kill themselves off....at least they will not be breaking into your home!

I wouldn't go that far, but it would not bother me if in order for someone to buy recreational drugs from a controlled drug store they would have to have the right endorsement on their ID card and could only buy drugs in very limited quantities. That way the drug addicts could get their drugs, employers could check the ID cards and if they were willing to hire a addict they would have foreknowledge of it. And of course anybody with any drug endorsement would not be allowed to work at any job where they could endanger public safety.

cosborn
06-21-2015, 03:06 PM
I think you are right, there has to be a better way of handling the drug situation, maybe decriminalise and provide support for those hooked as jaygollner suggests.
The problem is only going to get worse if we do nothing and of course it includes muggings and house break-ins with addicts trying to find money to fuel their habit.

There you go, this forum has done it again, solved the problems of the world, what's next

chris

Retired Army
06-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.

dickiedeals
06-21-2015, 06:08 PM
A Gun Is Like a Parachute. If You Need One, And Don't Have One,You'll Probably Never Need One Again.......Dickie:icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
06-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.
Yea in 1933 about 82 years ago......:shrug:

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 then add that the defense forces of the United States are reported to have 2,700,000 more.
NO WAY anyone is going to control guns in the US to the point of removing or registering everyone of them, that's an undisputable fact!

Guns are like the weather...you can talk about them all day & night, but you're never going to eliminate them or control it in America.:301:

shooter
06-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Larry , you my friend are exactly right. This is one country where they ain't getting them.

53driver
06-21-2015, 11:07 PM
+2

racer
06-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for pointing that distinction out. Those numbers are for ALL gun related deaths, not specifically crimes. Even so, the all-inclusive ratios speak for themselves. The lefties spotlight the microbe, while ignoring the elephant.

Also, I personally take suicides (2/3rds) out of those statistics. If it is not a gun, it will be a bridge, train, cliff, drugs, razor blade, state sponsored euthanasia, BHOCare, belt, rope, huffing, suffixation, asphyxiation, etc.

I believe suicide by gun is included in gun homicides as well. Something like 10K a year? Most killings are gang banger on gang banger.

dickiedeals
06-25-2015, 04:35 PM
14857 Just a bit of information about guns, sort of, can't find 2015 but I'm sure its similar ...................Dickie

racer
06-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Pretty crazy stuff.

You're either a liberal wacko or a right-wing gun toting ultra conservative.

You are either a liberal wacko or a normal person.

Sure. BTW- we ARE a slice of the American public.

Libs with guns actually exist. Ultra-lib elitists are protected by high fences, gated communities and armed security. The lib movie stars, directors and producers have no problem exploiting guns and violence in their products while denouncing both. Hypocrisy is never a problem for libs.

racer
06-26-2015, 11:28 AM

i would do what i have to, to protect my family but that would not extend to the use of a firearm.

Then you aren't doing what you have to to protect your family. Like many families, you have decided you will not protect your home with a firearm. Hoping the intruder/attacker is not armed with a gun.

HOPE is NOT a strategy.

The chances of having my house broken into, unless i'm into drugs or a criminal are pretty low...

Yet it has already happened to you. Criminals get guns if they really want them, and if armed with a gun and deadly intent, your family would be dead. Some don't want to lie there and wonder if they will be killed.

Include me in that. I hope that your "HOPE" strategy continues to work for you.

ths61
06-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Hypocrisy at its best (against guns, endangers gun owners, have armed guards and won't post gun free zone signs on their own property):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L3sCZRq1Dw