PDA

View Full Version : Gps power

Ryleyboy
06-20-2015, 04:57 PM
I attempted to hook up a gps to the front power supply using the connector supplied by Honda. I don't seem to have power at the plug. The dealer said green was pos White with black stripe neg. is there a fuse in the main box for this power supply.

srt8-in-largo
06-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Is your dealer dyslexic? :banghead:

Green *should* be ground. Try reversing the connection. And yes there is a fuse, but try the connection reversal first.

Sorcerer
06-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Are you talking about the power under the left pocket?
Edit: red plug is switched. Off/ off. On / acc = powered.

BIGLRY
06-20-2015, 07:13 PM

Green *should* be ground. Try reversing the connection. And yes there is a fuse, but try the connection reversal first.
+1
:yes:

ths61
06-20-2015, 07:58 PM
FWIW, I made my own harness a couple of nights ago for a cigar plug, radar detector and GPS (had a few cigar plugs in the spare parts box). Someone had posted where to get the "molex" connectors a while back so I ordered a bag of 2, 3 and 4 prong male/female connectors. Turns out the connector under the left front glove box is a 3 prong of which only 2 prongs are used (center is vacant, am now glad I ordered the 3 and 4 prong connectors).

I hooked up the audio of the GPS temporarily to the AUX stereo input and noticed I get noise on the line. Will have to order one of the stereo ground loop isolators from Electrical Connection to see if it gets rid of the noise.

Also, when in doubt, your volt-ohm meter is your friend. :icon_wink:

Ryleyboy
06-20-2015, 11:10 PM

I will try the reverse hookup. Do you know which fuse? The dealer was supposed to hook it upas part of the deal. Poor service. I just got the bike last week. Thanks for the help

srt8-in-largo
06-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Sorry man; shame on that dealer. What's the their name and location?

The optional power plug in the left cubby should be driven through the #8 fuse (5 Amps). On the back side of the fusebox lid should be a fuse puller and several spare fuses... it's there on American bikes but sometimes equipment is different in different countries.

Ryleyboy
06-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Sorry man; shame on that dealer. What's the their name and location?

The optional power plug in the left cubby should be driven through the #8 fuse (5 Amps). On the back side of the fusebox lid should be a fuse puller and several spare fuses... it's there on American bikes but sometimes equipment is different in different countries.

Thanks for the directions. My first experience with this dealer was not the best after they had the money. I learned that Friday is not the best day to have work done as they are just trying to push product out the door. Honda Canada did not bring any deluxe models to Canada so options are reduced.