PDA

View Full Version : Paint protection

Scotrod
07-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Not an owner,, (yet!)

Done some searching, some have indicated 'soft' paint.

Exactly where on the bike are the signs of soft paint showing up?

Thanks,

ghostrider
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
There are several detailed threads on the subject if you search a lil. Basically all the paint. I think the saddlebag area is the worst on mine. But don't let it stop you from purchasing, my paint doesn't look that bad but you can tell it is not up to what it should be.

Texas TC
07-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Red seems to be more forgiving. The soft black paint seems to scratch everywhere it is touched. Agree, it is still a fantastic motorcycle. The paint issue is probably here to stay on all Honda motorcycles. The. GL 1800 forum has as many complaints as the F6B forum. Seems Honda changed their paint process when they moved production to Japan. The complaints started with the '12 models.

Scotrod
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
This may not go over very well, but some of the issues I've read about here might have been avoidable. (I've done similar things to my Black 09 RAM, so who am I to judge?)

Regardless,,, No matter how careful I am, I'm sure to drag a boot over a bag every once in a while.

I've never used protective film before,, Has anyone here done it?

yellow rex
07-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Sure four weeks ago on a 2013 roadsmith trike,
just make sure it is 3m brand if not it will yellow
over a period of time and yes it works, wife has
4400 hundred miles on it plenty of bugs no pant
problems cant say that about the csc trike no paint
protection and the paint was beat up pretty bad on
the floor boards.

FlyinF
07-29-2013, 01:13 PM
I have a black standard and bought it 750 miles from home. On the ride home all kinds of bugs got baked on and had no problem scrubbing them off and the paint is fine since day one. I have washed it several times and waxed it once and paint is good to go. Maybe the south Texas sun has hardened the paint, don't know why my paint is good and everybody else has a problem. Get the bike you want and don't look back.

yellow rex
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
I have a red deluxe 3000 miles, my paint
looks fine to me, I just don't wont to cause
any problems for those who are trying to
get their problems solve.