PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day...

stroguy
06-21-2015, 07:54 AM
you muthers. Hopefully you have a special day.

bob109
06-21-2015, 08:08 AM
+1

Retired Army
06-21-2015, 08:18 AM
Orders of the day: All riding fathers, enjoy a long ride today. Happy fathers day.

shooter
06-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Coming from you Stro , well that's just special.

53driver
06-21-2015, 08:50 AM
...anyone want to ride up to Philly and help me load up this moving POD?
I've got most of the sound gear in it as of last night. POD is about half full.
Speakers are HEAVY."

We are 3 layers deep.

hiflyer
06-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Speakers are HEAVY."

We are 3 layers deep.

How about we ride down to Florida and watch you unload it. You got the grill, right?

53driver
06-21-2015, 08:59 AM
How about we ride down to Florida and watch you unload it. You got the grill, right?

July 2, 3, & 4. See ya there!

stroguy
06-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Shooter, I still owe you a pizza and you owe me a draft to lubricate it down my gullet.

jm21ddd15
06-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes, Happy Fathers Day, and I hope you all get to go riding. Then have pizza and drinks! :cheers:'gw-smiley'

Steve 0080
06-21-2015, 09:38 AM
+1 "fireybat"

ths61
06-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Speakers are HEAVY."

We are 3 layers deep.

Look out Southerners, Yankee with a U-Haul a comin'. :icon_wink:

taxfree4
06-21-2015, 11:09 AM
This about sums it up.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak; and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be pround and unbending in honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds; a son who will know Thee -- and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, and the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain!"

Strangest thing about Father's Day now that I DO want socks and underwear, I never get them.

53driver
06-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Look out Southerners, Yankee with a U-Haul a comin'. :icon_wink:

I am a currently displaced Southerner, Sir.

(I spent most of my formative years in Dallas (1970-1981).
When "huddle" and "drug ring" were synonyms.

stroguy
06-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Wifey got me some dedicated saddlebag luggage for Franklin, a donut and a kolache and a chocolate milk at the donut shop. Then we went for a nice 120 mile spin around Lake Conroe. Lots of boats running around. Humid but nice day in Houston.

bigbird
06-21-2015, 05:33 PM
I did get a nice ride in.
Then my son came over, we watched a movie, then I took him to WalMart for a new watch.
Even though I didn't get anything material from him, he did want to spend the afternoon with me.
That was my Father's Day gift from him; his company.
He has some challenges and is autistic.
My daughter was busy with her in-laws, so she's taking me out for Chinese on Tuesday.
A double Father's Day!

53driver
06-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Daughter just took me to Rita's for some water ice.
She hinted that I should try the lemon lime, as I would find it 'cool & refreshing' after spending all day working out doors.
So, I did.
We took our water-ice and went over to a bench and sat down.
She opened her purse, pulled out some Jose Cuervo Silver and and poured it into my cup.
She loves me!

Edit: Yes, she drove, and she is 22 years of age.

stroguy
06-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Ah Rita's Italian Ice. That's my coffee mug at work. I get the 'what's a water ice' at least once a month.

BIGLRY
06-21-2015, 06:46 PM
I wish I could say hi to mine and wish him the best on this day, but alas he has gone to the other side... many years ago. Today I do reflect on the many good times we had and words of wisdom he taught me.

Here's to you Milton Douglas Royal I miss you and tell your great grandchildren all about you and what a man you were.
http://fathersdayuk2015.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2014-Happy-Fathers-Day-Wallpapers-Sayings-Copy.png

Fla_rider
06-21-2015, 08:13 PM
This about sums it up.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak; and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be pround and unbending in honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds; a son who will know Thee -- and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, and the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain!"

Strangest thing about Father's Day now that I DO want socks and underwear, I never get them.

Build me a son that has the reason to see through Harley's sales pitches, so he may ride like I do on a F6B!

Happy Fathers Day everyone!

taxfree4
06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
"I shall return, and ride a B"

shooter
06-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Both kids called today. Son is out of state in Cincinnatti. Wife and I are headed out there for the fourth. He usually comes home for Dads day. I told him to save the gas money since we will see him in a week and a half. My Pop died on Jan 1st this year and on memorial Day I was surprised that the cemetary had not planted any grass on his gravesite. The wife went at some point and seeded the area so to my surprise Dads gravesite looked good this weekend. Hope all you guys had a great day.

valkmc
06-22-2015, 06:58 AM
I was given some of these http://www.exofficio.com/products/mens/underwear
Best riding underwear I have found. Great in the hot humid Florida weather. My son discovered them when he was in Africa helping build a water supply for a rural village. They eliminate the need for powder for me and like the add says keeps the odor in check. They also wash out in a sink and dry in a short time when hung up. Expensive as heck but my butt is worth it. The other two sons bought me beer so I had a great day with all of them.