PDA

View Full Version : F6B review

Sierra03
06-21-2015, 10:09 AM
I have just come back from a 3373 mile ride from North Dakota over to Fort Macloed up to Dawson Creek then over to Chetwynd BC then down hwy 97 to Washington state and then back home. I had some varying riding condition from 37 degree to 90. Crosswinds to headwinds and rain. I come from a 2006 honda vtx 1300c with R handlebars and a mustang seat with backrest with a national cycle chopped wind screen with lowers. Here are my thoughts.
1. The stock seat is not that good. I did do 650 to 400 mile days but arse was really sore. I did have a Alaskan sheepskin that I put on half way through the day. I also bought some goldbond to help.
2. I do have the madstad 11 in med tint windshield. This upgrade worked great. During rain it kept me fairly dry and in heat with it lowered and pulled back it gave me needed air.
3. I have the national cycle mirror wing. These work great also for regulating air flow to the rider.
4. Have the omni cruise and a strap on throttle boss. Both are great.
5. The f6b is just awesome. Felt so reassuring to be on that bike compares to vtx.
Love it.
6. Crosswinds are something I had to get used to. They can really catch you.14798

stroguy
06-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Sweet little trip! Good review and information. Gold bond and have you considered silk skivs? Less bindage in those old man areas.

Fla_rider
06-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Very nice. You camped out! Tell us about that!

jm21ddd15
06-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Any contact with bears on your camping trip? :yikes:

srt8-in-largo
06-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Hardcore Sierra; keep up the good work!

Sierra03
06-21-2015, 11:10 PM
I got a motel in Fort MaCleod, and in Hinton because of rain. The morning out of Hinton AB in route to Grand Cache I did come across a wolf that crossed the road in front of me then stood on a service road and watched me go by.
I camped at a Provinicial park north of Chetwynd that had a bear in the area. I didn't see it until the morning I was leaving the park. It stood up on its hind legs to see what was coming down the road and then took off. I saw 4 bears from Chetwynd to Prince George. That road was a great motorcycle road.
I camped again in a private campground south of Clinton BC. When I got down to Washington state it was hot and wanted a cool motel room so I stayed in Priest River ID.

Old Ryder
06-22-2015, 07:11 AM
Gold bond and have you considered silk skivs? Less bindage in those old man areas.

Can you say Duluth Buck Naked. A word of caution---once you get used to these, you will not be able to wear anything else. There is a reason why they named them "Buck naked" :clap2:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/buck-naked-underwear/wicking-underwear.aspx?src=G002099&admkt=&gclid=CLvGkL-io8YCFVM7gQodOcgMlQ

1951vbs
06-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Good review. I agree the stock seat is not comfortable for all day rides. I upgraded to Russell Day-Long after my first few hundred miles.

I used to use Anti-Monkey Butt powder but switched to http://ldcomfort.com/mens-dryline-shorts.html (the long distance riding community swears by them). I also noticed quite a side wind handling improvement after I installed a belly pan.