PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Drive plug-in?

RickJ
06-21-2015, 08:13 PM
On another thread someone mentionsed a place for a thumb drive...on another thread someone mentioned the left saddlebag...is there a place to plug in a thumb drive? (2013 deluxe)
I didn't want ti hijack the other threads... TIA

Fla_rider
06-21-2015, 08:14 PM
In the left saddlebag you can plug in a thumb drive. Have you looked in your left saddlebag? :icon_doh:

RickJ
06-21-2015, 08:51 PM
In the left saddlebag you can plug in a thumb drive. Have you looked in your left saddlebag? :icon_doh:

EVER? yes...for a thumb drive? no. 1st AM! I just keep finding things on this bike..I'm assuming (I know, I know) that when I open the bag I'll be like wow- look at that!" or am I gonna have to ask where because it's in a sneaky place...never mind- I'll look first!
Thanks.

six2go
06-21-2015, 09:02 PM
EVER? yes...for a thumb drive? no. 1st AM! I just keep finding things on this bike..I'm assuming (I know, I know) that when I open the bag I'll be like wow- look at that!" or am I gonna have to ask where because it's in a sneaky place...never mind- I'll look first!
Thanks.
Owner's manual is your friend. :clap2:

seadog
06-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks.

Feel along the top of the pod on the inside and find the wire, follow it toward the back and there is the USB in a plastic holder. Don't feel bad about not knowing it is there, I hadn't found mine either and had no clue it even existed. :icon_doh::icon_doh:

srt8-in-largo
06-21-2015, 09:53 PM
These kind of discoveries are nice.

I recently discovered spare fuses and a nifty fuse puller on the back of the fuse box cover :icon_biggrin:

RickJ
06-22-2015, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=srt8-in-largo;85356]These kind of discoveries are nice.

I recently discovered spare fuses and a nifty fuse puller on the back of the fuse box cover :icon_biggrin:[/QUOTE

Yup. I was pleased that the power install in the cubby was a plug amd play! Apparently, there are take-offs on the fuse too- maybe hardwire a V-1 radar detector?

Fla_rider
06-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Rick- your not going to find a USB drive in the left saddlebag. What you will find is the connection for a USB flash drive or USB cable. Now connecting the cable to the connection can allow you to connect all kinds of MP3 devices. For me, it's an Ipod Classic with over 160 GB of music. Mostly everyone just connects Flash drives. Less expensive, Less electronics.

RickJ
06-22-2015, 06:45 AM
Opened the door and bang...right in front of me...waiting for a drive or ipod or.... thanks guys.

jaygollner
06-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Opened the door and bang...right in front of me...waiting for a drive or ipod or.... thanks guys.

A couple of pieces of Velcro will keep your memory stick safe and stuck to the side of your bag

RickJ
06-22-2015, 01:13 PM
A couple of pieces of Velcro will keep your memory stick safe and stuck to the side of your bag

beautiful/simple...thx

53driver
06-22-2015, 02:05 PM
I found an old BBerry holster and velcro'd that up and under.
My iPod, or thumb drive, can ride in safety & comfort and be swappable.