PDA

View Full Version : New Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust for F6B

WingStuff
06-22-2015, 10:41 AM
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1a/a2/5d/1aa25d9c1067b5b98ef7921c9b824420.jpg (http://go.cyclegiant.com/l/a/i-i/6h/-w8i/hpl/5sui/click.emaildirect)

These Two Brothers Exhaust are now available and ready to ship. Availability is still limited so, if you want to be one of the first to have 'em, order today.
There is a set of black & carbon fiber that will look perfect on any F6B. There is also a chrome version available.
We also have a video on our site (I'll also post link below for you convenience!) that we think does a good job showing the look and sound of these.
Either way, orders will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis...so get yours today! You will not be charged until the day it ships.

Link to watch video: http://wingstuff.com/products/37101

Old Ryder
06-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Me likey!

More stuff to start saving for.

Elroy
06-23-2015, 09:27 AM
SO close to pulling the trigger on these...best price I've seen online too...

micksak
06-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Has anyone tried this product?

VP8
06-26-2015, 01:38 PM
I just finished installing it early this morning. First of all, one of TBR exhaust's arrived with gouges and scratches on one of the exhausts near the mounting bracket. This was because TBR didn't put a barrier of some sort between the two pipes in the middle. This caused the pipes to shift and turn during transport, so one of the mounting brackets kept scratching/gouging the other exhaust. The good news is, the scratches/gouges are on the inside of the bike, so at least its hidden... but it would have really been upsetting to wait so long and receive pipes that are damaged. I've already notified TBR they should improve their packing to prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Man, it was a pain in the neck to install. The stock pipes are way easier to install than these TBR pipes. The stock pipes have a fixed connector that connects to the bike's pipe so once it's on, all you have to do is turn the stock pipes to meet it with the mounting bolt under the saddlebags... then Walla, it's all lined up.

But with the TBR pipes, you install an included connector which you insert into the TBR exhaust and connect it to the bike's pipe. You will have to continually turn the connector to it's desired position so the exhaust points to the proper position. I spent a lot of time trying to make the two exhausts even. The TBR instructions say it may be easier to remove the front heat shields (due to the grommet hooks on the pipe that need to slide into the heat shield) prior to the install. Well...I tried to install the TBR pipes without removing the heat shields, and it just didn't work. If you are installing the pipes yourself, you will need to remove the front heat shields. If there are two installers, than you may be able to get away with not removing it. The pain in the ass was lining up the grommet hooks from the TBR exhaust to the heat shields. I thought the front heat shield would be lined up flushed with the exhaust pipe like the stock setup... well, nope... the heat shield actually overlaps the TBR exhaust.

I haven't started up the bike yet. I had to touch up my paint on the front heat shields because when I was trying to initially install the TBR exhaust, I kept scratching the edge of my front heat shields. So I have to allow the paint time to completely dry before I start up the bike.

I'll provide my feedback of these pipes hopefully later today. I'm also working on a video comparison between the stock and TBR pipes.

a1scoot
06-27-2015, 02:39 PM
subscribed……..

VP8
06-29-2015, 06:43 AM
I just finished making the below video comparing the Stock (2013/2014) pipes to the Two Brothers Racing pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130

I hope you enjoy it and find it helpful.

bigbird
06-29-2015, 07:12 AM
The pipes don't sound too loud from your clip, but what's your take on them?
Your clip is very different than the TBR clip, as expected.
Can you summarize your findings?
Thanks for taking the time to share. Not many do that.

Hornblower
06-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Very good job on that, VP8 :clap2:. I really liked that you provided different views for sound comparison. It's hard to tell for sure but it seems the drone problem, like we notice from many of the aftermarket exhaust systems, is not so bad with these. What's it like cruising at highway speeds?

Elroy
06-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Thanks for taking the time VP8, nice video. I was surprised at how nice the exhaust sounded in the "off the line" clips. I was a little disheartened after reading about your install difficulties, but your video may have sold them for me....

toy_collector
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Any acceleration or gas mileage performance difference?

VP8
06-29-2015, 03:40 PM
The pipes don't sound too loud from your clip, but what's your take on them?
Your clip is very different than the TBR clip, as expected.
Can you summarize your findings?
Thanks for taking the time to share. Not many do that.

BB, I wouldn't want my pipes to sound any louder than they currently are. The pipes have a nice growl and deep rumble.

VP8
06-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Very good job on that, VP8 :clap2:. I really liked that you provided different views for sound comparison. It's hard to tell for sure but it seems the drone problem, like we notice from many of the aftermarket exhaust systems, is not so bad with these. What's it like cruising at highway speeds?

Hornblower, Thanks for the compliment. :icon_redface: I can hear the pipes at freeway speeds and I can still hear my stereo with a volume setting of 15.

VP8
06-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time VP8, nice video. I was surprised at how nice the exhaust sounded in the "off the line" clips. I was a little disheartened after reading about your install difficulties, but your video may have sold them for me....

Elroy, it was a tougher install than expected... but it became easier after I made all my mistakes on the one side.

VP8
06-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Any acceleration or gas mileage performance difference?

Toy, maybe a little faster acceleration. It's still early to determine mph changes. I just installed them.

Elroy
06-29-2015, 04:01 PM
I just finished installing it early this morning. First of all, one of TBR exhaust's arrived with gouges and scratches on one of the exhausts near the mounting bracket. This was because TBR didn't put a barrier of some sort between the two pipes in the middle. This caused the pipes to shift and turn during transport, so one of the mounting brackets kept scratching/gouging the other exhaust. The good news is, the scratches/gouges are on the inside of the bike, so at least its hidden... but it would have really been upsetting to wait so long and receive pipes that are damaged. I've already notified TBR they should improve their packing to prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Man, it was a pain in the neck to install. The stock pipes are way easier to install than these TBR pipes. The stock pipes have a fixed connector that connects to the bike's pipe so once it's on, all you have to do is turn the stock pipes to meet it with the mounting bolt under the saddlebags... then Walla, it's all lined up.

But with the TBR pipes, you install an included connector which you insert into the TBR exhaust and connect it to the bike's pipe. You will have to continually turn the connector to it's desired position so the exhaust points to the proper position. I spent a lot of time trying to make the two exhausts even. The TBR instructions say it may be easier to remove the front heat shields (due to the grommet hooks on the pipe that need to slide into the heat shield) prior to the install. Well...I tried to install the TBR pipes without removing the heat shields, and it just didn't work. If you are installing the pipes yourself, you will need to remove the front heat shields. If there are two installers, than you may be able to get away with not removing it. The pain in the ass was lining up the grommet hooks from the TBR exhaust to the heat shields. I thought the front heat shield would be lined up flushed with the exhaust pipe like the stock setup... well, nope... the heat shield actually overlaps the TBR exhaust.

I haven't started up the bike yet. I had to touch up my paint on the front heat shields because when I was trying to initially install the TBR exhaust, I kept scratching the edge of my front heat shields. So I have to allow the paint time to completely dry before I start up the bike.

I'll provide my feedback of these pipes hopefully later today. I'm also working on a video comparison between the stock and TBR pipes.

VP8, is it required to remove the lower exhaust covers in order to remove the heat shields? Just going by memory I believe it would be....

VP8
06-29-2015, 04:31 PM
VP8, is it required to remove the lower exhaust covers in order to remove the heat shields? Just going by memory I believe it would be....

It is not required to remove the exhaust in order to remove the front heat Shields. You will need to remove the front lower cowl and protector assembly to remove the front heat shields. Refer to my how to video if you'd like as a reference.

rjmyers4201
06-29-2015, 04:53 PM
vp8 - what windshield are you running?

Hornblower
06-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Hornblower, Thanks for the compliment. :icon_redface: I can hear the pipes at freeway speeds and I can still hear my stereo with a volume setting of 15.

Is the sound you hear at freeway speed a nice exhaust note sound or is it a very resonant and annoying hum?

bigbird
06-29-2015, 07:42 PM
or is it a very resonant and annoying hum?

AKA drone :no:

VP8
06-30-2015, 10:20 PM
vp8 - what windshield are you running?

RJ, I have a Cee Bailey's 11" dark smoke windshield.

Elroy
07-01-2015, 10:53 AM
It is not required to remove the exhaust in order to remove the front heat Shields. You will need to remove the front lower cowl and protector assembly to remove the front heat shields. Refer to my how to video if you'd like as a reference.

The protector assembly I believe is what I am referring to. Its the piece that's secured underneath by two nuts. The same ones needed to loosen to install a belly pan. I've an issue where I can't remove one of those nuts now....gives me pause to get the TBR pipes if I would have to remove the heat shields for the install....

VP8
07-01-2015, 02:37 PM
The protector assembly I believe is what I am referring to. Its the piece that's secured underneath by two nuts. The same ones needed to loosen to install a belly pan. I've an issue where I can't remove one of those nuts now....gives me pause to get the TBR pipes if I would have to remove the heat shields for the install....

Yes, this is the protector assembly. 14989

It is possible to install these pipes without removing the protector assembly... but you would need two people to install them. One to hold up the pipes, the other to align the pipes to the front heat shields and insert them into the heat shield's grommet hooks.

Elroy, since you have an issue with your nut that connects the protector assembly and belly pan... you may want to somehow get rid of that nut and replace it. In the mean time... you may want to wait and hear other reviews regarding these TBR pipes. I was the first to post a review and a video of them. Other people may have different opinions of them. The reason I say this is because, one owner posted a comment on my video yesterday and stated he loves the sound of these pipes at idle... however once you reach above 2K RPMs, there is a droning sound. And at freeway speeds, it nearly drives him crazy. You see... for me, it's a different experience... too me, my pipes sound like a race car... and people in front of me can hear me coming.

Elroy
07-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Ya, I need to experience this "droning" for myself to see if it bothers me...I'm used to loud exhaust, so I'm hoping I'd be in the same boat as you. And the nut isn't the problem, it's the bolt its on. The weld on the bolt broke, so the nut just spins and spins....

VP8
07-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Is the sound you hear at freeway speed a nice exhaust note sound or is it a very resonant and annoying hum?

Horn, I wish I was able to record a video of my freeway experience... that dam wind created too much interference. Well, it sounds like a race car... you hear a low hum at freeway speeds. To me, it's not annoying and I can still hear my music. As I was riding on the freeway today, I noticed drivers ahead of me looking at their side mirror as I was approaching them from behind. I'm happy that they hear and see me.

VP8
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
AKA drone :no:

I don't know BB. One owner posted yesterday on my YouTube video that he just installed these TBR pipes on his 2015 Goldwing, and he loves the sound of the pipes at idle, however he hears a pretty bad droning noise when the bike reaches above 2K RPM. At freeway speeds he commented it practically drives him crazy.

For me, the sound is consistent of a race car. But these are my very first aftermarket pipes... and the low hum produced at freeway speeds doesn't bother me.

Bigmac nj
07-03-2015, 06:48 AM
I recorded the Db level at 3000 RPMS. I thought it would be louder but I find it is more quiet than my African Grey Parrot at full chirp.
The F6B came in at 90 Db and "Pepper" came in at a ear spliting 99 Db !

I placed the meter was about 4-5 feet behind and 3 feet above the exhaust and about 4 feet from the noisy end of the bird.

I too hard a hard time getting the installation just. I have not had the bike out for an extended run but will do so this weekend (after I correct the left exhaust location)

WingStuff
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
I just finished making the below video comparing the Stock (2013/2014) pipes to the Two Brothers Racing pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130

I hope you enjoy it and find it helpful.

Great, thanks for the share! Very insightful.

micksak
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I recorded the Db level at 3000 RPMS. I thought it would be louder but I find it is more quiet than my African Grey Parrot at full chirp.
The F6B came in at 90 Db and "Pepper" came in at a ear spliting 99 Db !

I placed the meter was about 4-5 feet behind and 3 feet above the exhaust and about 4 feet from the noisy end of the bird.

I too hard a hard time getting the installation just. I have not had the bike out for an extended run but will do so this weekend (after I correct the left exhaust location)

Hey there Bigmac. Any more comments after the weekend ride? How was the performance of the new pipes? Droning at all?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these today so would really appreciate your insights. Thanks!

Bigmac nj
07-08-2015, 05:17 PM
I did get to give it a test or break in run this past Sunday. I went east toward Sandy Hook and south along the shore on Rt36 (max speed 40-50 with traffic lights). Dined at a fine restaurant in Long Branch on the water.A portion of the return trip was taken on the Garden State Parkway and that was for about 20 miles at 65-75 mph.

I had my wife on board and wanted to get some high speed time to judge the noise level and her comfort level with it.
I had ear plugs available for her and me but we did not need them..Her comments to me was that it was loud at first but she got used to it after a few miles. She did say it was quite
a bit different from the stock exhaust !(an understatement for sure).

I am using a F4Custom 16" shield on the bike and I my helmet is a Shoei RJ Air 3/4 open face helmet

My thoughts..after the 50ish mile trip. I would say there is a bit of a drone when holding the rpms steady..at 2000 rpm.Snap it up to 3000 and you get what I can say is a Growl !
You will not be able to sneak up on anybody with this exhaust..be it at idle or on the highway...Varying the rpm will get you different levels of loudness..From a nice rumble at idle, to a bark/growl...My Harley riding buds will no longer ask me if he bike is running or why does it sound like a sewing machine.

Granted 50 miles might not be a true test but it did pass the wife test and I am satisfied with it. I will have a few day long lunch runs(200+ miles) in the coming weeks so I can get a complete evaluation of this exhaust..If anybody gets near the Jersey shore and wants to hear them give me a PM.

GA VALK
08-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Anyone know if these TB pipes will work on 2014 Honda Valkyrie F6C?

Hornblower
08-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Oh, wow! I cranked her up in the garage for the first time after installing Torq Loopz and TBR's. It's insanely loud but, then again, it's in my garage so maybe outside it won't be quite as noticeable. I have a small leak at one spot that I need to remedy and then, I'll get it out on the road to see if the drone is gone. I don't think I'm going to mind a louder exhaust note as long as it doesn't drone. It should be interesting to say the least. I'll be posting a follow-up either later today or tomorrow.

As far as the installation goes, all went pretty much as expected. When you're adding Loopz and TBR's, there is a fair amount of aligning to be done. If you take your time, it's not too bad. You have spots requiring either anti-seize or hi-temp gasket maker so it can get a bit messy.

Finally, I am impressed overall with the quality of the TBR's but the black paint scratches quite easily. I'm assuming it's not power coated but painted with hi-temp flat black. Anyway, it's easy enough to touch up with hi-temp flat black if it does get scratched. That's it for now.

Steve 0080
08-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I want the Torq Loopz bad...but I need to get another bike first...this one is maxed out for $$$...will never get it back now !!!!

I am looking forward to the review !!!

Hornblower
08-07-2015, 11:59 AM
I want the Torq Loopz bad...but I need to get another bike first...this one is maxed out for $$$...will never get it back now !!!!

I am looking forward to the review !!!

Steve--You and I both are deep "under water" on our bikes so adding another $300 item won't make that much difference. I have a bad history of getting bikes "perfected" and then selling them. Apparently, one thing I enjoy and get satisfaction from is improving my bikes. I think this one is about done. Considering how the resale value of the F6B has plummeted and all the expensive mods we've both done, we are going to lose big time when we let it go :icon_frown:.

Steve 0080
08-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Oh well...someone will get two great outfitted bikes !!!!!

Hornblower
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Well, good news! No...great news! The system was only insanely loud inside my garage. Once I took it outside, it was perfect (for me). What a great exhaust note! And, on the highway, the drone is completely gone. Yea! Of course, when you gas it, it gets louder as it should. But, just cruising down the interstate at 75, it's really nice. You can hear the exhaust but it's not annoying like it was before. Since I installed Torq Loopz and TBR's as a system, I can't prove which one eliminated the drone but my money is on the Loopz. Anyway, I just couldn't be happier with my new exhaust :icon_biggrin:.

Deer Slayer
08-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Well, good news! No...great news! The system was only insanely loud inside my garage. Once I took it outside, it was perfect (for me). What a great exhaust note! And, on the highway, the drone is completely gone. Yea! Of course, when you gas it, it gets louder as it should. But, just cruising down the interstate at 75, it's really nice. You can hear the exhaust but it's not annoying like it was before. Since I installed Torq Loopz and TBR's as a system, I can't prove which one eliminated the drone but my money is on the Loopz. Anyway, I just couldn't be happier with my new exhaust :icon_biggrin:.

Way to go Toots, your new pipes sounded good even on the phone as I was walking the beach Here at Oak Island today. We do my biggie birthday tonight. See ya.:occasion13::th_sunbathe:

Pap
08-08-2015, 02:46 PM
We do my biggie birthday tonight. See ya.:occasion13::th_sunbathe:[/QUOTE]

Happy B-Day!! :clap2::banana:

Steve 0080
08-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Well now... I am jealous...and you know what happen then......

May wait till Franklin, there we be some hot pipes for sale/auction there....better bring some green money !!!!!!!!

Deer Slayer
08-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Well now... I am jealous...and you know what happen then......

May wait till Franklin, there we be some hot pipes for sale/auction there....better bring some green money !!!!!!!!

Should be no problem for you.:poke: Hope you are doing well. See ya in Franklin. :tequila::cheers:

firetech
08-08-2015, 06:43 PM
We do my biggie birthday tonight. See ya.:occasion13::th_sunbathe:

Happy B-Day!! :clap2::banana:[/QUOTE]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bill.. :occasion13::beer3:

James2003x
11-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Yes, this is the protector assembly. 14989

Other people may have different opinions of them. The reason I say this is because, one owner posted a comment on my video yesterday and stated he loves the sound of these pipes at idle... however once you reach above 2K RPMs, there is a droning sound. And at freeway speeds, it nearly drives him crazy. You see... for me, it's a different experience... too me, my pipes sound like a race car... and people in front of me can hear me coming.

EDIT Never mind I found it earlier in this thread.

Do you happen to have a link to your video?

Joflewbyu2
01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Easy and quick install on my bike with center stand. No need to remove any covers at all. Just loosen clamps and remove nut from the exhaust hanger of the OEM mufflers. Move muffler inward and slip backwards to remove. Then put the TBR exhaust clamp on OEM pipe so the tightening bolt is on inside to avoid conflict with heat shield. Slide the TBR slip-pipe adapter on the OEM pipe. Adjust slip-pipe angle so the exit is level / parallel to the ground then tighten the clamp. Apply antiseize to end of slip-pipe which goes into muffler. Slide muffler onto the slip-pipe while lining up the heat shield tabs while also watching the hanger tab so you can hook onto bolt. I laid down on my back on the floor with head toward front of bike.

Do not follow TBR's instructions otherwise you will be adjusting the slip-pipe angle blindly and the slip-pipe rotates in the muffler until the antiseize dries.

BTW, I am one happy camper. Sounds great and no issues. Great quality (stainless steel) and great workmanship (welds and brackets). Couldn't ask for anything more.

Fingerz
01-04-2018, 06:37 PM
I like the look and sound of these.