PDA

View Full Version : first spy pic J&K exhaust on red F6B

BIGLRY
06-24-2015, 03:15 AM
I have been in contact with The Jekill & Hyde company about their electronically adjustable valve system exhaust which the sound can vary from a 79 db quite to warm deep rumble(rumble hell I want it to sound like a porch on steroids).:icon_biggrin:
The new model that they have developed for the GL1800 & F6B supposedly has no power loss and same back pressure closed as OEM (Dr. Jekill) while a higher hp output and torque with the valve open (Mr. Hyde). No re-tuning or Dyno needed, at this time I have no specs to verify any of this.

Once I got a hold of the USA representative Stefano Bertani things have moved quite fast.
Stefano sent me these tad blury when enlarged pic of a red F6B that they had just installed their system on in Reno NV last weekend.

Sorry no sound clip yet and as you can see in one of the pic the bike still has the seat & side cover off. I was also sent a pdf file of the install instructions(looks as easy as installing the HeliBars).:yes:

I was assured they were a direct fit to the OEM headers or in my case Torque Loopz. Cost is $1950 shipped to you or a dealer of your choice, they come with a 2 year warranty. http://jekillandhyde.com/en_global/aboutus

Well, never let it be said BIGLRY doesn't step into uncharted waters as I just pulled the trigger on a set in black with the black 360 deg. rotatable slash end caps, expected delivery is 7-14 days.

I will be doing my usual review and opinion with pic of the install and hopefully a good sound clip if I can figure out how to do posted on the board. As some of you know that had or have the VTX1800 I'm the guy who did the original smog removal wright up with pic and many more detailed post about the VTX. I pride myself by taking great care in attention to detail and any helpful tips I find along the way will be passed along.

In summery, I had no intention of changing the mufflers and was quite happy with the Torque Loopz cause I do like it quite, but I also like to opener up some times and this system does all that...quite when you want it and a little rumble when you like it. I know I'm taking it on faith about the sound, but I do know what an open flat six motor sounds like from my Rune's moded exhaust and hope to achive the same sound with the Jekill & Hyde adjustable system.
I paid full pop with no expectations of a discount nor will I accept any rewards from the Jekill & Hyde company, my review will be 100% unbiased. win, lose or draw.
More to come:301:

Jimmytee
06-24-2015, 04:39 AM
What's in your wallet? :lolup:

Look forward to it.

Old Ryder
06-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Answer: Much less

GiddyupF6B
06-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Unless there was a substantial power gain I personally couldn't justify spending two grand for a deeper rumble. But my pockets aren't as deep as others.....a full stainless steel turbo back exhaust for my car doesn't cost that much and had substantial hp and tq gains.

bobbyf6b
06-24-2015, 09:53 AM
You're the man BIGLRY! I bet it's gonna sound great with the torq loopz.

I wish someone made a full system. I'd drop a couple grand on that.

BIGLRY
06-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Was this "ccsmiley" now after the J&K exhaust and the Traxxon "full Monty" going in next month it looks like this https://mytalkingstick.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/melted-creditcard.jpg

BIGLRY
06-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Unless there was a substantial power gain I personally couldn't justify spending two grand for a deeper rumble. But my pockets aren't as deep as others.....a full stainless steel turbo back exhaust for my car doesn't cost that much and had substantial hp and tq gains.
Yea normally I'd say the same thing, but No wife, No mortgage, No bike payment, No cage payment(just bought a new Chrysler 300 paid cash) No bills with two nice retirement checks in the bank each month, and it's my B day soon.
So why the hell not? :icon_mrgreen:

Is that "full stainless steel turbo back exhaust" for your car an electronically adjustable valve system exhaust which the sound can vary from a 79 db quite to warm deep rumble...........:poke: :icon_wink: :icon_biggrin::icon_lol:

GiddyupF6B
06-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Yea normally I'd say the same thing, but No wife, No mortgage, No bike payment, No cage payment(just bought a new Chrysler 300 paid cash) No bills with two nice retirement checks in the bank each month, and it's my B day soon.
So why the hell not? :icon_mrgreen:

Is that "full stainless steel turbo back exhaust" for your car an electronically adjustable valve system exhaust which the sound can vary from a 79 db quite to warm deep rumble...........:poke: :icon_wink: :icon_biggrin::icon_lol:

Well ya got me there...... If 2 slip on cans that just make noise at a $1,000 a piece do it for ya then go for it! It might not be for me but I'll be the first one bugging you for a sound clip! Staying tuned......:icon_mrgreen:

edgeman55
06-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Wow nice Larry now I have got to get down your way to hear that exhaust but really can't wait to see your review of the traxxon suspension .Big boy minds need to know-LOL.All kidding aside we are close to the same size and that suspension might be in the future for me when funds allow.So far only one retirement check and still a few years of mortgage left.By the way the helmet fits great and is working out nice.

BIGLRY
06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Wow nice Larry now I have got to get down your way to hear that exhaust but really can't wait to see your review of the traxxon suspension .Big boy minds need to know-LOL.All kidding aside we are close to the same size and that suspension might be in the future for me when funds allow.So far only one retirement check and still a few years of mortgage left.By the way the helmet fits great and is working out nice.Sure glad the hear the helmet is working out okay for ya, I did like it and thought it would work for me, but alas my fat face was just to big.
I'm looking forward to the Traxxon set up and having a suspension that supports my weight an still allows me to enjoy a spirited ride when I want. I have the saddle, RDL I have the bars, Helix so the Traxxon "full Monty" is the logical next step for me. The J&K exhaust is like frosting on a good cake... ya don't have to have it to enjoy the cake, but it sure does sweeten things up.:icon_biggrin: