PDA

View Full Version : Mustang seat installed

cosborn
06-25-2015, 01:18 AM
Well my new deluxe seat arrived at 1230 today and it was installed by 1500, I think that must almost be a record, having ached over the possibility that i would spend days trying to get it to fit, it went on almost without a hitch.
It did take me a while to line up the bolts and i eventually went back to the originals and looking at both types, the originals have a touch more thread on them, may be able to change them later once everything beds in.

So what did i do:

Read all the hints on the forum
Removed the old seat
Marked the bolt holes with painters tape
Tapped and died the bolts and holes, this made a big difference
Started all the bolts
Checked that the panniers opened
then put the rails on
Checked that the panniers opened again
tightened all bolts fairly tight, i will keep tightening them as the seat beds in

Now i've got to wait 3 days as my driveway has just been concreted, oh well i can still sit on it.

Chris

Vudu_52
06-25-2015, 01:25 AM
Fantastic, bet you're pleased.
I'll come and help you lift the bike over the driveway if you like........

It looks like it belongs on the bike!

Vudu_52
06-25-2015, 01:28 AM
By the way, don't you have to wait seven days for concrete to cure, before any weight......
Just joking!

bob109
06-25-2015, 05:44 AM
Glad to hear you found the tip on cleaning/chasing the frame seat boss threads along with the seat bolt threads. I was amazed at the mount of material which was removed during this process. I used my "shop vac" to suck up all the debris. Sure makes a difference when you can finger tighten bolts!

BIGLRY
06-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Glad to hear you found the tip on cleaning/chasing the frame seat boss threads along with the seat bolt threads. I was amazed at the mount of material which was removed during this process. I used my "shop vac" to suck up all the debris. Sure makes a difference when you can finger tighten bolts! +1:yes:

ChubbyDodds
06-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Great news!! Glad you were able to install the seat with relative ease. If your experience is like mine, you will be impressed with the comfort of the seat. I'm ready for the next road trip!

cosborn
06-28-2015, 05:03 AM
Still going Broom Broom and waiting for the concrete to dry.

Chris:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

F6B1911
06-28-2015, 06:38 AM
Still going Broom Broom and waiting for the concrete to dry.
Chris:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

Broom Broom must be a down under thing?
Up north we go Vroom Vroom Vroom.

cosborn
06-29-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm out of here, the concrete is finally dry. :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_ razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Chris

Bryster
06-30-2015, 05:43 AM
Annnnnd? How do you like it? :poke:

cosborn
06-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Hey Bryster, Yep i agree with the Company that the seat does set you down a bit but I find it a very comfortable position even with my metal hip, and of course it lowers the centre of gravity somewhat. I haven't noticed being set back further but i love the back support that it now gives me.

I've only used it for a short time but to date i love it and it looks great.

Total cost landed was $1086.00 au including two rain covers

I'll give an honest opinion once i've done some Ks

Chris

'gw-smiley''gw-smiley'