PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket jacket

stepbill
06-25-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm looking for a hot weather riding jacket and was wondering if anyone has this jacket and what they think of it?

F6B1911
06-25-2015, 10:00 AM
I don't have that jacket, but tried quite a few warm weather jackets.
Ended up with the Fieldsheer Hi-Temp jacket, has two removable liners, great for the really warm days.
Works well for me.

bigbird
06-25-2015, 10:30 AM
If that's a JR Phoenix mesh, I had one in black for awhile.
It was too heavy and I went to FirstGear.

stepbill
06-25-2015, 12:13 PM
If that's a JR Phoenix mesh, I had one in black for awhile.
It was too heavy and I went to FirstGear.

Yes, that's what it is. Thanks, I don't want a heavy jacket either.

F6BRIDER
07-22-2015, 09:42 PM
I bought the joe rocket Goldwing jacket at leather up its similar to the one showed but in red and black with the Goldwing insignia. I live in Miami it has a removable inner liner which is great for wet ridding but it gets hot. With the liner off I use it in winter as a daily rider a little to hot to use during the summer days but always have it ready in the bag for when it cools.

Hope this helps all in all great jacket and looks good with good protection built in.

JGF6B
07-23-2015, 05:53 AM
For the hottest days, I'd avoid a jacket with black on the shoulders.
I have the FirstGear texmesh. It is great when moving but the black absorbs too much heat on hot sunny days.
Adding an ugly silver/grey jacket for the hottest days.

Fla_rider
07-23-2015, 06:52 AM
I have the tourmaster unlike Joe Rocket, Tourmaster comes with two liners. One is for rain the other is quiltted.

ths61
07-23-2015, 02:16 PM
I have the tourmaster unlike Joe Rocket, Tourmaster comes with two liners. One is for rain the other is quiltted.

Do you know which model Tourmaster with inner and outer shells ?

TIA

Redlinez
07-31-2015, 10:16 AM
I have the lastest JR Phoenix ION with the super reflective panels. I've only only JR jackets, so I'm not able to reply about others, but I really like them. Over 90 degrees though, and I tend to ride without one if I'm gonna be stopping a lot. Queer thing is, we got my wife one and hers has a large cell phone pocket just inside the zipper. Mine has the same pocket, but my phone isn't close to fitting.

Ridlikhel
07-31-2015, 05:42 PM
I don't have that jacket, but tried quite a few warm weather jackets.
Ended up with the Fieldsheer Hi-Temp jacket, has two removable liners, great for the really warm days.
Works well for me.

Just picked up this jacket also and love it. Picked up one for my wife and she too likes it. At 90degrees, it's the coolest I've been able to find.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/59989/i/fieldsheer-high-temp-mesh-jacket