PDA

View Full Version : A kind word for the good folks from Helibars

Old Ryder
06-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Everybody--including me--let me correct that---ESPECIALLY me, loves to expose the vendor who screws them over or treats them poorly. Let me take the time to tell the good side of a vendor.

While making numerous adjustments on my Helibars, I lost one of the plastic inserts that fit into the allen head bolts and are designed to cover the ugly six point cup on the shiney bolts. I emailed Helibars explaining my situation and the fact that it was my fault and I was willing to pay for the replacement caps. Well, I got a response from Jennifer the next day and today I got an envelope with 3 new caps at no charge.

Good folks to deal with.

Madmax
06-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Thats great to hear , I am about to order a set in the next few weeks . How do you like the bars ? Do they have a more solid feeling like a conventional bar , they do look solid .

Old Ryder
06-25-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't see where the bar across the middle makes a difference. Just my opinion. They are very versatile, however. Here is some more reading.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6057-Just-bought-Helibar

I guess remembered to add that I have the Super Brace on the forks, so that may come into play, also.

Hornblower
06-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Thats great to hear , I am about to order a set in the next few weeks . How do you like the bars ? Do they have a more solid feeling like a conventional bar , they do look solid .

I believe HeliBars is a great product. They are expensive but when you see the quality and precision of the kit, you start to understand why. And, the instructions are the best I've seen. The cross bar adds rigidity to the bars that makes for a very solid feel. If you're looking to take slop out of the front end, the combination of HeliBars and a fork brace goes a long way.