PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Pedal

Greg O
06-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Just picked up my new bike Wednesday and I feel the rear brake pedal is sitting too flat. Does anybody else feel like that, and did you adjust the pedal up.

bob109
06-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Just picked up my new bike Wednesday and I feel the rear brake pedal is sitting too flat. Does anybody else feel like that, and did you adjust the pedal up.

I personally didn't like the serrated top! Had some rubber hose which cured the problem and raised the pedal face height by approximately 1/4":icon_wink::icon_wink: Not fancy but sure as hell functional:icon_wink::icon_wink:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?123-Unsightly-Brake-Pedal-Cure

F6B1911
06-26-2015, 02:41 PM

...Or as a temporary fix until you get a rubber boot, mark the grooves, remove the pedal and rotate it up a notch or two, I had to do that on mine.

cosborn
06-26-2015, 02:45 PM
There is an aftermarket one which may fit the bill. I find the OEM one a bit small

chris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuryakyn-Trident-Wide-Brake-Pedal-with-Arm-Honda-GL1800-and-F6B-Models-/161620797617?hash=item25a159a8b1&vxp=mtr

Greg O
06-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Its not that it is too small, its like when my foot is on the peg and I apply pressure on the pedal my foot is rolling down and forward which makes it hard to feel how much actual pressure I'm applying.

stroguy
06-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Maybe it is a notch low from the factory. Post a pic so we can see the angle. If brakes don't feel positive feedback maybe they need bleeding? When removing the brake pedal take the peg off and remove the entire pedal clamp bolt and it wiggles off the brake stem much easier.

Greg O
06-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Maybe it is a notch low from the factory. Post a pic so we can see the angle. If brakes don't feel positive feedback maybe they need bleeding? When removing the brake pedal take the peg off and remove the entire pedal clamp bolt and it wiggles off the brake stem much easier.

Ya I know found that out the hard way. Now the pedal is about a 1/2" or so above the peg, when I press down it seems to be even with the peg, hope its not too high.

jm21ddd15
06-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Hard to suggest a correct height for you, as other factors must be accounted for. Such as your inseam. If you have long legs ,the feel of the brake may be different than someone with shorter legs. Also, the type footwear you have on could affect the way your foot sits on the rest. I wear riding boots that are mostly flat on the bottom, rather than the boots with a "pronounced heel" . That could change the foot position, too. Just a thought or two.