PDA

View Full Version : What type of Belly Pan are you running

Greg O
06-26-2015, 07:28 PM
From what I can see there are only 3 types.

1. The heavyweight aluminum MacGuyver
2. The lighter weight aluminum Tulsa
3. The stainless steel louvered Performance

Is there anymore? So which one are you running and why?

53driver
06-26-2015, 07:33 PM
From what I can see there are only 3 types.

1. The heavyweight aluminum MacGuyver
2. The lighter weight aluminum Tulsa
3. The stainless steel louvered Performance

Is there anymore? So which one are you running and why?

Showchrome Black.
Just something modest to keep her underside protected.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35138-black-anodized-belly-pan-fits-goldwing-f6b?context=belly_pans

Fla_rider
06-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Showchrome Black.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35138-black-anodized-belly-pan-fits-goldwing-f6b?context=belly_pans

+1:yes:

edgeman55
06-26-2015, 08:20 PM
IMHO the only Belly Pan worth owning is the Macguyvor.I had the black Show Chrome pan and caught a curb at the wrong angle and at my small size 385lbs I can bottom out if going over a curb at the wrong angle and it ripped the front portion of the pan where it attaches to the rear half off.Now I have the Macguyvor pan and the only drawback is it is stout and a little harder to get into the slots but once in it is tough-plus you can lift the bike with the pan on.I know some on here claim our engines will run hot with a pan but they are water cooled with two big rads up front and my bike runs the same temp with or without a pan.Just do not see a downside to installing one and after two years with them they do show marks where road debris has hit them-without the pan its the engine bottom taking it all.But then again I also run a fork brace and I won't open that can of worms:stirthepot:LOL

bigbird
06-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Here's a different point of view:

I run a Fenda Extenda. It lengthens the front fender by about 4". That keeps road junk away from the bottom of the engine. And it makes my bike much easier to clean.

Hornblower
06-27-2015, 08:05 AM
I also have a Fenda Extenda but, while that does help to keep some dirt off the lower-front parts, I don't believe it offers the bottom protection that I'm looking for. Therefore, I have both and, for the ultimate in protection, I don't think you can beat the Macgyver belly pan. For those thinking about installing the Macgyver pan, be advised it is somewhat more difficult to install due to the added thickness. An unexpected benefit I found was the pan installing closer in to the bottom than some other pans which results in better cornering clearance.

Phaedrus
06-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Showchrome Black.

+1

F6B1911
06-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Wanted to put on a black belly pan, but the local motorcycle shop was closing up and they're selling the stainless steel belly pans for $30.00, so I went with that.
Not happy with the shiny look, but the price was right.

Texas TC
06-27-2015, 05:49 PM
+1

+1 here too. Destroyed my first one which was aluminum natural color pan on a piece of angle iron. Replaced with the black version.

bob109
06-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Wanted to put on a black belly pan, but the local motorcycle shop was closing up and they're selling the stainless steel belly pans for $30.00, so I went with that.
Not happy with the shiny look, but the price was right.

Give it a few coats of Black PlastiDip:icon_wink: