PDA

View Full Version : Paint on the '15 Grey F6B?

jerrysander
06-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Any reports of paint problems on the GREY F6B Deluxe for the '15 model year? I've read a lot here about problems with previous years and red and black models.....What's your experience? Has this all been exaggerated?

jm21ddd15
06-26-2015, 09:24 PM
:biggthumpup: No problems with my Matte Grey. Did you get the blue? I give my 6 a gentle wash with warm water, using a micro-fiber cloth, and also dry with a micro-fiber cloth. I have not used any cleaning or polishing agents on the bike. Still looks new now, with 7000 plus. I have heard the same paint stories that you did, but I can't complain about my 2015.

John

okf6b
06-26-2015, 10:46 PM
No issues with the matte finish either. I'm still adjusting to paint without clear coat but I'm liking it so far. I use Chemical Guys Matte Detailer & Sealant.

dickiedeals
06-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Any reports of paint problems on the GREY F6B Deluxe for the '15 model year? I've read a lot here about problems with previous years and red and black models.....What's your experience? Has this all been exaggerated?

My paint problem has definitely not been exaggerated. When you can lean against it with a pant leg and put the material pattern in the paint, something is definitely wrong with the paint. I've had many Bikes in my 35 years of riding and the Black Paint on the 2013 F6B is crap! No Exaggeration..................Dickie:moon:

co425
06-26-2015, 11:24 PM
No paint issues so far. I clean my bikes with meguiers quick detailer. Works great!

stukatz
06-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I've had the matte grey for only 4 months. On the ride home from purchasing the bike is when it hit me that I couldn't wax the paint. I just put over 1600 miles last week on a trip; rode up to the California central coast, to San Simeon, Monterey, Yosemite, Bass Lake, Mammoth and back. The front of the bike looked like a bug war zone. Washed the bike when I got back with "Meticulous Matte" auto wash made for satin/matte finish paint. The bike now has 4,000 miles and paint still looks new/great. No complaints here.

Papa Tater
06-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Been out in the Florida Sun so far, battled a few bugs so far and just washed it with plain Dawn Dishwashing Soap with Microfiber cloth and looking good.

Paul B Blues
06-29-2015, 02:50 PM
My paint problem has definitely not been exaggerated. When you can lean against it with a pant leg and put the material pattern in the paint, something is definitely wrong with the paint. I've had many Bikes in my 35 years of riding and the Black Paint on the 2013 F6B is crap! No Exaggeration..................Dickie:moon:

I second that Dickie, still trying to sort the crap paint on my bike. :icon_frown: