PDA

View Full Version : F6B-warranty-pulling a trailer

cueman
07-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Does Honda permit the pulling of trailer while under warranty? Oh yea, I'm in the process of closing a deal on an F6B Standard and I want to say HOWDY!:cheers:cueman

RT59
07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome and congrats on the impending purchase. They're great bikes.

When I purchased my F6b, I specifically asked my dealer about trailering and warranty, they told me it wouldn't be a problem and that they warranty lots of Wings with hitches.

Keep in mind though that if you do your own installs and make mistakes that create issues, the dealer may or may not "help you out." I'm not trying to talk you out of doing your own work - lots of us tackle all kinds of maintainance and mods - just thoroughly understand the scope of the job and your limitations/comfort level of performing the work, use the correct tools and procedures, do your work as well or better than the dealer would do it, and document all that you do (pictures and notes.)

Russ

Steve 0080
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Another question is how, what your insurance company will and will not cover and WHAT coverage you will have on your trailer.......2014 Bushtec full coverage State Farm $33 every 6 months.....either attached to the trailer or not.....

timjoebob
07-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Another question is how, what your insurance company will and will not cover and WHAT coverage you will have on your trailer.......2014 Bushtec full coverage State Farm $33 every 6 months.....either attached to the trailer or not.....

And the coverage for my trailer is included in my bike coverage at no additional charge with Allstate. Go figure.

Steve 0080
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
TimJoeBob......double check and see if it is covered...NOT hooked to your bike.....just sayin...

kjelders
07-29-2013, 09:16 PM
TimJoeBob......double check and see if it is covered...NOT hooked to your bike.....just sayin...

Ditto. I decided to check on that myself right before we left on our 5,100 miles trip in May/June of this year. I have State Farm as well and I had to add a policy on the trailer as it wasn't covered under comprehensive coverage that included "in case of theft". It only had liability.

Wild Bill
07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
My dealer said about the only thing I could do to voide warranty was add NOS or a turbo.All other we were good. Foremost covers my trailer whether pulling or setting in the yard.