PDA

View Full Version : 4500 RPMS no names no pack drill

lloydmoore1
06-28-2015, 07:08 AM
So I tried what some really big guy suggested, run the bike and don't shift gears until you hit 4500 RPMS ....wow what a rush. Can't say I would do it again anytime soon but it was a hoot
The Beast took off like a rocket ship! It was all a blur....so now that's over I will go back to my golden rule never more than 10klms over the limit.

jm21ddd15
06-28-2015, 07:38 AM
Ain't it a great rush! I had a similar moment yesterday. I topped a hill on a smooth country road, and could see the road was straight with no intersections or other vehicles, and somehow, my throttle hand just twisted! I shut it down somewhere over 100mph. Amazing how quickly it gets there! :biggthumpup: 'riding'

Retired Army
06-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Now for the bubble buster, Mother Honda decided that 125 mph was fast enough and will cut out at that speed no matter what color. That includes SR71 black.

dickiedeals
06-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Now for the bubble buster, Mother Honda decided that 125 mph was fast enough and will cut out at that speed no matter what color. That includes SR71 black.

This can be over come.But I don't know why one would want to............................................Dick ie:yikes:

lloydmoore1
06-28-2015, 09:15 AM
This can be over come.But I don't know why one would want to............................................Dick ie:yikes:

I agree sounds crazy but some like crazy,so what ever floats your boat..just do it in a safe area..runway would be cool!

shooter
06-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Army they must have given the black ones a little extra. Mine goes to 127.

seadog
06-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Army they must have given the black ones a little extra. Mine goes to 127.

That so you can outrun the scud missles? cause they only go 125:yikes:

BIGLRY
06-28-2015, 12:24 PM
So I tried what some really big guy suggested, run the bike and don't shift gears until you hit 4500 RPMS ....wow what a rush. Can't say I would do it again anytime soon but it was a hoot
The Beast took off like a rocket ship! It was all a blur....so now that's over I will go back to my golden rule never more than 10klms over the limit.
http://www.stevealten.com/images/i-know-nothing.jpg

:icon_rolleyes:...:shhh:...'riding'...:clap2:

Sorcerer
06-28-2015, 06:08 PM
4500 RPMs ? Twist the grip to the stop and let the girl spin up to 6000 red line. You'll need to clean the seat off.🙈🙉🙊

bobbyf6b
06-28-2015, 06:43 PM
4500 RPMs ? Twist the grip to the stop and let the girl spin up to 6000 red line. You'll need to clean the seat off.

+1. At 4500 it's just getting wound up!

stevenolts
06-28-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't know about you guys but I bust it to red line through the first three gears about half the time or when ever I can. Am I hurting the bike? or just letting it run like a wild horse? I don't know but I love it and I am getting older so I better do it now while I still want to.
Steve

stevenolts
06-28-2015, 07:09 PM
This bike as I have said many times before is just plain fun. It is not the fastest or the best handling bike there is, but the combination of comfort, power, and handling makes it the most fun bike I have ever ridden. "Ride it and you will believe"
Steve

co425
06-28-2015, 08:17 PM
She's a kick for sure. Love the torque of this bike. Ran her up to red line a while back and swore I bounced it off of a rev limiter. Anyone have an idea if I'm nuts? If there is one, what's it set at.

shooter
06-28-2015, 08:35 PM
I don't know about you guys but I bust it to red line through the first three gears about half the time or when ever I can. Am I hurting the bike? or just letting it run like a wild horse? I don't know but I love it and I am getting older so I better do it now while I still want to.
Steve

Steve that's the way I ride mine too. It won't hurt it. Use a good quality oil and shift it like you mean it.

stevenolts
06-28-2015, 08:56 PM
From what I experience way too often red line hits way too soon for my liking. Maybe it is the fact that the F6B is so quiet. I am used to the Harley and my old Honda CB750K. When you take the CB750K to red line you know by the intense high revving engine you need to shift. (It really sounds bad ass) I still watch it and shift only when close to red line. The Harley was improved after adding pipes and power commander moving the rev limit higher.

I just need to learn to shift quick on the F6B. Maybe if I get some louder pipes it will help.
Steve

shooter
06-28-2015, 09:05 PM
I tell you Steve she is hard to shift quick. No room for the foot. I shift better in tennis shoes. I may buy a new shifter and experiment with modifying it. It needs to extend out further and be up a little higher.

BIGLRY
06-28-2015, 11:33 PM
4500 RPMs ? Twist the grip to the stop and let the girl spin up to 6000 red line. You'll need to clean the seat off.tuv
I have only one issue with that Socerer. My suggestion to launch at 4,500 RPM and shift at 4,500 RPM was for the rush of maximum acceleration not top speed. While trying to get to 6,000 RPM in 5th by shifting at 6,000 RPM in every gear including launching at 6,000 RPM you are not as quick as doing it at 4,500 RPM, torque is the name of the game not RPM. :icon_biggrin:
I'm an acceleration junky and why I build turbo bikes and some times ride way to quick for my own good.
To get max aceleration you need to shift at the RPM where the engine is making its max torque and on the flat 6 F6B engine that is between 4500 and 4550 RPM(look at a F6B dyno chart) after 4550 RPM the torque drops off and as we all know it is torque that moves ya.
Sure, once you reach top gear your speed is going to keep going up to a point, but the time to reach that top speed will not be as quick by running the engine to red line, but by shifting every time at the maximum torque RPM, that's how you will get there quicker.
If you have ever been to a 1/4 mile drag strip you will never hear them engines wound up till they sound like they are going to blow, but they are shifted at max torque RPM and if you have ever run at one you should know this too.

You can prove this to yourself by doing a little test, it don't have to be a 1/4 mile. Now from a dead stop launch at 4,500 RPM and start counting to yourself, one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand and so on, shift every time at 4500 RPM until you hit 5th gear. The second you hit 5th remember the number while quickly glancing left or right for a refinance point on the side of the road. Now go back to your same start point and do it again only this time launch at 6,000 RPM and shift at 6,000 RPM reach the SAME number you counted on the first run and glance left or right to notice where you are. I guarantee you the distance traveled in the same amount of time will be less because it took you longer due to less acceleration.
Now if you have a local drag strip take the scoot there and do two runs through the 1/4 or 1/8 mile, one while shifting at 4,500 RPM and one shifting a 6,00RPM I'll bet any amount of money your trap times will be faster shifting at 4,500 RPM and at the end of the 1/4 mile so will your speed. :icon_wink:

BIGLRY
06-28-2015, 11:53 PM
From what I experience way too often red line hits way too soon for my liking. Maybe it is the fact that the F6B is so quiet. I am used to the Harley and my old Honda CB750K. When you take the CB750K to red line you know by the intense high revving engine you need to shift. (It really sounds bad ass) I still watch it and shift only when close to red line. The Harley was improved after adding pipes and power commander moving the rev limit higher.

I just need to learn to shift quick on the F6B. Maybe if I get some louder pipes it will help.
SteveYep that is what makes the F6B so fun with it gobs of torque and when you do get it where you can shift as fast as it reaches max torque the fun really begins.:icon_lol:
I'm almost ready for a Kill button activated Pringel Electric shifter http://www.pingelonline.com/prodcat/electric-speed-shifters.asp with a big red shift light that goes on at 4,500RPM then with one eye on the light and one on the road and my thumb on the button...........................never mind I see where this is leading. A blown F6B like my buddy Dave's blown VTX1800 he waxes my 185 hp Turbo X by about 300 hp. :icon_twisted:

Sorcerer
06-29-2015, 09:03 AM
I have only one issue with that Socerer. My suggestion to launch at 4,500 RPM and shift at 4,500 RPM was for the rush of maximum acceleration not top speed. While trying to get to 6,000 RPM in 5th by shifting at 6,000 RPM in every gear including launching at 6,000 RPM you are not as quick as doing it at 4,500 RPM, torque is the name of the game not RPM. :icon_biggrin:
I'm an acceleration junky and why I build turbo bikes and some times ride way to quick for my own good.
To get max aceleration you need to shift at the RPM where the engine is making its max torque and on the flat 6 F6B engine that is between 4500 and 4550 RPM(look at a F6B dyno chart) after 4550 RPM the torque drops off and as we all know it is torque that moves ya.
Sure, once you reach top gear your speed is going to keep going up to a point, but the time to reach that top speed will not be as quick by running the engine to red line, but by shifting every time at the maximum torque RPM, that's how you will get there quicker.
If you have ever been to a 1/4 mile drag strip you will never hear them engines wound up till they sound like they are going to blow, but they are shifted at max torque RPM and if you have ever run at one you should know this too.

You can prove this to yourself by doing a little test, it don't have to be a 1/4 mile. Now from a dead stop launch at 4,500 RPM and start counting to yourself, one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand and so on, shift every time at 4500 RPM until you hit 5th gear. The second you hit 5th remember the number while quickly glancing left or right for a refinance point on the side of the road. Now go back to your same start point and do it again only this time launch at 6,000 RPM and shift at 6,000 RPM reach the SAME number you counted on the first run and glance left or right to notice where you are. I guarantee you the distance traveled in the same amount of time will be less because it took you longer due to less acceleration.
Now if you have a local drag strip take the scoot there and do two runs through the 1/4 or 1/8 mile, one while shifting at 4,500 RPM and one shifting a 6,00RPM I'll bet any amount of money your trap times will be faster shifting at 4,500 RPM and at the end of the 1/4 mile so will your speed. :icon_wink:

My butts not big enough to launch at 4500 with out feathering the clutch like a mad man. Would be a gas tho. I read the op as shifting at 4500. As you can tell I'm not a drag racer, yet I am willing to twist her _ _ _.

98valk
06-29-2015, 11:42 AM
I should ignore this, but I just can't.

Acceleration is about HP, not just torque. Torque x rpm. If you shift at 4500, you may be at max torque right then, but your new gear is way down around or below 80 hp.

The guy shifting at redline continually has 100 hp to the road through each gear. The guy shifting at 4500 is ramping from 80 to 100 hp in each gear. Needless to say, in a race, the redline shifter is going to win.

I would suggest that the best shift centers max and min rpms around the max hp. Redline looks to be in the ball park.

shooter
06-29-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm glad somebody besides me said something. If you shift at 4500 rpm the drop in rpm that occurs will be devastating to both HP and TQ. As was posted above in order to stay in the powerband something above 5500 rpm will deliver better ETs.

Doug44
06-29-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm glad somebody besides me said something. If you shift at 4500 rpm the drop in rpm that occurs will be devastating to both HP and TQ. As was posted above in order to stay in the powerband something above 5500 rpm will deliver better ETs.

Someone's gonna be wrong :stirthepot: :popcorn:

shooter
06-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Someone's gonna be wrong :stirthepot: :popcorn:

Ya think? I'm just glad George isn't involved. And I'm kinda scared of Larry. I got my buddy Stro. He's got my back................at least I think he does.

lloydmoore1
06-29-2015, 02:50 PM
So go do it boys and then come back and talk about it. I don't think so.

shooter
06-29-2015, 03:37 PM
Look it up. Type in Best ET when shifted at peak HP or peak TQ.

BIGLRY
06-29-2015, 05:01 PM
:icon_laugh: :icon_laugh::icon_laugh:And 98valk is the winner and 100% correct:yes:
I wondered who would be first to step up and call :bsII: on my asinine post about going from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time by only shifting at max torque RPM.
I was proving a point to someone who believes everything he reads on the MC forums without using a little logic to validate this BS theory, he's one of them guys who believes if ya read it on the web it must be true:icon_lol:.
The guy has a 110" screaming chicken with a stage three flash and more money invest in that engine & paint than I do in my whole F6B.:yikes:
His Dyno numbers are fairly close to what a stock F6B puts out. The game was to hit our local Saturday night shootout spot and do a side by side with a $20 bill on the line. Only rule was he had to shift at 4,500 RPM and I could do anything I wanted. I planned on being $20 richer after 1,320'.:icon_twisted:
Shooter you came in second.:icon_lol:

98valk "I should ignore this, but I just can't" never keep quite when you know you are right, speaking out is the only way the true facts get known "Bad things happen when good people do nothing".
I stepped away from a big national MC forum once due to some very bad info that if followed someone could have gotten hurt and no one said a thing.
This little exercise was to prove a point without getting anyone hurt, but when someone post something like "bolt the muffler support bracket to the swing arm" and a slew of guys posted that I was wrong when I posted that it would not work and you could get hurt I knew it was time for me to leave.

Disclaimer: I do not advocate street racing...do it on a track!
Any and all info I post in this forum without a link is probably fabricated by the hallucinating delusions of self importance from a known conspiracy theorist! I take no responsibility if you do what I tell you.
hummmm actually everything posted with or without a link is probably fabricated by the hallucinating delusions of self importance from a conspiracy theorist or posable alien!:301:

Steve 0080
06-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I would like to see pic's of a launch at 6,000 RPM.....

ths61
06-29-2015, 07:18 PM
I would like to see pic's of a launch at 6,000 RPM.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSNzVQZRxs

Steve 0080
06-29-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm guessing she tried to throw you off the back?:stirthepot:

stroguy
06-29-2015, 07:31 PM
Shooter you came in second.:icon_lol:

Just like when we were kids!

That's a nice show Larry but it can't be wrong....you had a chart and everything.

BIGLRY
06-29-2015, 07:46 PM

That's a nice show Larry but it can't be wrong....you had a chart and everything.

:icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh: Oh the chart was right, but the theory was wrong.:icon_lol:
My friend has not seen my last post only the first and he won't until after we run the 1320' and I have his $

bobbyf6b
06-29-2015, 08:15 PM
:icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh: Oh the chart was right, but the theory was wrong.:icon_lol:
My friend has not seen my last post only the first and he won't until after we run the 1320' and I have his $

Dammit BIGLRY, I knew in my gut it was BS but you sounded so convincing I wanted to believe!

How will I ever trust your posts again? Oh the humanity!

:icon_mrgreen:

shooter
06-29-2015, 08:18 PM

Yeah...............I even dated your best girl after you did. Nah , I remember now. She left you for me. But you're right. I was second again.

stroguy
06-29-2015, 08:25 PM
LOL.........And I never forgave you.....I had to settle for axe lady and keep that eye open.

Steve 0080
06-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Dammit BIGLRY, I knew in my gut it was BS but you sounded so convincing I wanted to believe!

You had to really read the info..... one is talking about torque and then switched to speed...two different things !!! :stirthepot:

BIGLRY
06-29-2015, 09:19 PM
You had to really read the info..... one is talking about torque and then switched to speed...two different things !!! :stirthepot::icon_wink::yes:

BIGLRY
06-29-2015, 09:24 PM

:icon_mrgreen:All ya had to do was run it by your BS meter and you would have seen it fit right about here.:icon_biggrin:
http://www.patrickmckenna.com/radcontent/Uploads/BS-meter.jpg

shooter
06-29-2015, 09:41 PM
LOL.........And I never forgave you.....I had to settle for axe lady and keep that eye open.

The one thing Stro. I'm sure life is never dull with her. I bet that Axe ain't dull either. :yikes:

stroguy
06-29-2015, 09:44 PM
The one thing Stro. I'm sure life is never dull with her. I bet that Axe ain't dull either. :yikes:

Nope, just her personality.

shooter
06-29-2015, 09:45 PM

Grasshopper , trust nothing , question everything. Doubt is the basis of knowledge.

BIGLRY
06-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Grasshopper , trust nothing , question everything. Doubt is the basis of knowledge.
The first rule in seeking truth is never to accept anything unless it is presented clearly and distinctly without any reason or occasion for doubt.:301: