PDA

View Full Version : What is the bottom line about the Black F6B (2015)'s paint job?

jerrysander
06-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Yes, I like the Matte Grey, a lot, but....is it TRUE or FALSE that there is still an ongoing paint quality issue if I bought the bike in black instead? I.e., is the Grey any better in terms of longevity of paint, overall durability, quality? I've read a LOT of complaints about the black and red F6B's paint job. Is it still happening, or has Honda corrected it?

jm21ddd15
06-28-2015, 09:47 PM
The 2015 colors are Blue or Matte/grey. I've heard no issues with either of the 2015 colors. Heard lots of issues with the previous years colors. Some people have had no problems, but many have. What year and color are you looking at?

stroguy
06-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Black is not available on 15's, just Ultra Fast Matte Silver or blue. My UFMS is a quality paint job, cleans well and looks like it will last.

jerrysander
06-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Could probably live with either model year, in a Deluxe. My wife likes the black better than the grey but I am leaning towards the grey. Just wondered if paint was still a known issue.

Fla_rider
06-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Jerry to those of us that own a F6B the paint doesn't make it a no deal. No matter which color you get we are all sure you will be happy! Go for It!

seadog
06-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Hasn't been out long enough for any length to say that it has or hasn't a problem. So far my Matte silver has been very durable and when cleaned up is gorgeous. No signs of problems yet at just over 2000 miles

JackB
06-29-2015, 07:16 AM
My black paint looks great! I use Wizards wax looks and works amazing.
It sounds like some bikes have bad paint and some are good.
I never had paint on my wax rags like others have so I was lucky and got a good one.
But it does take a little work to keep it looking good.
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0673.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0673.jpg.html)

NoleRider
06-29-2015, 09:04 AM
I just crossed the 1,000 mile mark this weekend while riding a poker run, including a 25 mile stretch through a downpour. So far, my bike has ridden in countless rain showers, and dealt with the bugs of a few sunset cruises. No paint issues, and everything appears to be good on the UFMS. .batman-smilie.

Here's my baby at stop #2 of this weekend's poker run.

Riknchar
06-29-2015, 11:17 AM
I've had zero issues with my Matte Silver 2015 Deluxe's paint. I actually a believer in properly washing my bikes using soap and water, which I've done at least 5-6 times. I only have around 1600 miles on mine, but I don't anticipate any paint problems on the bike based on how well it's cleaned up so far.

Injun Joe
06-29-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't think the paint issue was ever addressed or even acknowledged by Mother Honda. They simply moved on to other colors. It's not the end of the world though. I'm already thinking about what my bike will look like in a couple years when I paint it. Right now, I'm thinking it will be after next riding season.