PDA

View Full Version : Helmets and windshields

paolo305
07-30-2013, 07:51 AM
I just got a new Shark Evo 3 helmet with the full face on the highway I actually can hear the radio better at speed and the buffeting that feel with my open face helmet doesnt become an issue till I am over 75 MPH. It is also nice to be able to flip the helmet back to a open face helmet.

This has changed my option as now I feel I can probably go with a shorter windshield, Maybe only 11'' as the stock on does the job with a full face helmet on the highway comfortably all the way to 75.

Just thought some of you would find this helpfull :icon_razz:

Who knew my face was so not aerodynamic :icon_redface:

bobbyf6b
07-30-2013, 08:37 AM
I tried using a 3/4 helmet at first but was very unhappy because of the wind and noise. I tried a modular but was still too noisy for me. Ended up with a Scorpion EXO 500 full face. Much better with the stock windshield.

Now it's just harder to drink water on the go. :icon_frown:

MSGT-R
07-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Does the helmet have a vent on the top?
That's where I get most of the noise from my Shoei.

paolo305
07-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Does the helmet have a vent on the top?
That's where I get most of the noise from my Shoei.

Yep it has a vent but I dont seem to pick up more or less noice open vs closed.

gray rider
07-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I wear a Schuberth C3 Pro and have to close the top vent when on the F6B otherwise the noise is WAY TOO LOUD. By comparison, on my Vmax or B-King, the vents can be fully open with very little noise. I use the stock shield on the F6B which works well for me.

Texas TC
07-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I wear a baseball cap with my OEM Honda tall windshield. No wind noise and I can hear the radio fine at 80 mph. I don't recommend this for anyone else, but it works great for me.:nono:

paolo305
07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
I wear a baseball cap with my OEM Honda tall windshield. No wind noise and I can hear the radio fine at 80 mph. I don't recommend this for anyone else, but it works great for me.:nono:

Ya 80 with a baseball cap isnt going to happen in Miami Just cant bring my self to do the full wind screen:shock:

Mustangjake
07-31-2013, 05:28 PM
I bought my F6B and drove it home then out to dinner.
On the second day of ownership it got a new windshield!
i put the Honda windshield on I wish I had shopped around and got a 1 inch taller
and two to 4 inches wider.

kjelders
08-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I live 45 minutes from Quickdraw(Windbender Shields). Installed a 11" HPS Dark tint with electric option. I could hear the radio going down the freeway heading for home with it slammed at 11" wearing a half helmet. It will extend to 15" with the push of button. Nice! :yes:

paolo305
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I live 45 minutes from Quickdraw(Windbender Shields). Installed a 11" HPS Dark tint with electric option. I could hear the radio going down the freeway heading for home with it slammed at 11" wearing a half helmet. It will extend to 15" with the push of button. Nice! :yes:

that sounds awsome how much was that set up?
pictures would be cool:clap2:

kjelders
08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
that sounds awsome how much was that set up?
pictures would be cool:clap2:

I didn't get down to Quickdraws until late evening and didn't get home til midnight. So didn't take any pics yet but will this evening.

Scotrod
08-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Helmets and windshields,,, untold combinations over the years,,,
I have a 'mellon-head' and mongo sized jaw, so proper fit can be difficult. (With a very small amount of foam 'sanding' {w 40 grit,} I can get real close with Shoei.)
The windbender concept looks nice. ~Similar~ in principle to the Madstad system,,, Not seeing anything by Madstad for an F6B though.

Mustangjake
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Today I bought a Daytona carbon fiber Helmet on eBay for $21.50 hopping 2X will fit my head.
PS : it is DOT

bobbyf6b
08-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I just scored a 13 inch shield (from rubber strip to top) with vent and its perfect for me. I'm 5'11" and I can see comfortably over it and I can finally hear the radio. Awesome! The wind hits the top of my helmet just enough so I can feel air in the top vents. :headbang:

paolo305
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
I just scored a 13 inch shield (from rubber strip to top) with vent and its perfect for me. I'm 5'11" and I can see comfortably over it and I can finally hear the radio. Awesome! The wind hits the top of my helmet just enough so I can feel air in the top vents. :headbang:

Since I am happy with my helmet and shield combo for now I am going to wait to see what comes down the pipe fore windshields the Windbender looks cool! I also saw someone with a video that show another mechanical up and down shield that tucks into the fairing and I want to see what a few other venders come up with! They need to hurry up :banghead:

My next project is the RUSH EXHAUST! Stock no longer soon :icon_biggrin: