taxfree4
06-30-2015, 05:32 AM
You don't have to understand the lingo to see how bad things are in Dubai

http://funpot.net/d.php?id=c97a21c54a672f95

No cash, no problem

Steve 0080
06-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Pretty funny !

I was setting up accounts, at a large bank, for small businesses, anything under 25mil per year... I get a call from a guy and he wants to set up an account....get this, the name of his business was " Bums R Us "...I set up an account and issued 5 credit cards to his employees. There were standing on a street corner begging for money and made so much they had a business act...go figure! I think it was in CA.

taxfree4
06-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Pretty funny !

I was setting up accounts, at a large bank, for small businesses, anything under 25mil per year... I get a call from a guy and he wants to set up an account....get this, the name of his business was " Bums R Us "...I set up an account and issued 5 credit cards to his employees. There were standing on a street corner begging for money and made so much they had a business act...go figure! I think it was in CA.

Guaranteed every one of the employees had a Medicaid card, but I guess what do you expect from that western Soviet State.

BIGLRY
06-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Guaranteed every one of the employees had a Medicaid card, but I guess what do you expect from that western Soviet State.
Hell yea with Calif. having the largest economy of all the United States bar none and the 8th largest economy in the world :yikes:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GD P_(nominal)
that's why everyone here drives a caddy has a swimming pool in the backyard, never works while getting food stamps and welfare while popping out the curtain climbers yearly. Calif. is down hill from all the other states because so many people eventually roll into here.
I have never figured out how if everyone is on welfare who is paying for it? Oops....:icon_doh: it me the guy who was born and raised here while working 31 years for the man until I got smart and became the "man".

Just being a tad sarcastic cause ya hit a real raw nerve here. I could never afforded to live in Calif. (my kids can't and don't) If I were just starting out in life. I also live in one of the rare conservative republican counties surrounded by them tree hugging, demotictic liberals and don't get me started on Mr. Moonbeam (governor Brown).
:soapbox:

taxfree4
06-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Hell yea with Calif. having the largest economy of all the United States bar none and the 8th largest economy in the world :yikes:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GD P_(nominal)
that's why everyone here drives a caddy has a swimming pool in the backyard, never works while getting food stamps and welfare while popping out the curtain climbers yearly. Calif. is down hill from all the other states because so many people eventually roll into here.
I have never figured out how if everyone is on welfare who is paying for it? Oops....:icon_doh: it me the guy who was born and raised here while working 31 years for the man until I got smart and became the "man".

Just being a tad sarcastic cause ya hit a real raw nerve here. I could never afforded to live in Calif. (my kids can't and don't) If I were just starting out in life. I also live in one of the rare conservative republican counties surrounded by them tree hugging, demotictic liberals and don't get me started on Mr. Moonbeam (governor Brown).
:soapbox:

You're not alone, I live in the eastern block soviet state of NY. My neighbors, Russian, couldn't speak a word of English, except hello and goodbye, saw them moving and asked their son where are they moving to. He said they just got a Section 8 apartment in a Coney Island high rise, meaning the government pays their rent. I just hope it comes with a parking spot to put their 2014 SUV. California's not so bad, any place that can elect Reagan as governor is OK in my book. My wife and I loved Cambria, a little oasis, when we were there 3 years ago. It is impossible here for a young couple to get started there's new construction by me, 30 story complex, one bedroom apartments starting at $500,000 with parking spots going for $40,000, crazy.

BIGLRY
06-30-2015, 05:28 PM
You're not alone, I live in the eastern block soviet state of NY. My neighbors, Russian, couldn't speak a word of English, except hello and goodbye, saw them moving and asked their son where are they moving to. He said they just got a Section 8 apartment in a Coney Island high rise, meaning the government pays their rent. I just hope it comes with a parking spot to put their 2014 SUV. California's not so bad, any place that can elect Reagan as governor is OK in my book. My wife and I loved Cambria, a little oasis, when we were there 3 years ago. It is impossible here for a young couple to get started there's new construction by me, 30 story complex, one bedroom apartments starting at $500,000 with parking spots going for $40,000, crazy.
Funny you mentioned Cambria, I was in Cambria last Fri night for dinner at a little place called the Indigo Moon restaurant with my first ex wife (we're still friends). Cambria is about 40 miles north of my place.
http://www.indigomoonrestaurant.com/

taxfree4
06-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Funny you mentioned Cambria, I was in Cambria last Fri night for dinner at a little place called the Indigo Moon restaurant with my first ex wife (were still friends). Cambria is about 40 miles north of my place.
http://www.indigomoonrestaurant.com/

We started in San Diego worked our way north to San Simeon, got too cool and went back to Carlsbad for the second week. Cambria really stood out, what a great little town. We spent a lot of time at the local bar that has a sign outside "Husband Day Care". Ate in a pizzeria that had part of a covered wagon in it, I have to go through those pictures again. If we're ever back there again I will definitely try the Indigo Moon.

taxfree4
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Found them - just a couple of pics from Cambria, California

taxfree4
06-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Few more, the Round Up is the name of the pizzeria.