PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

F6bisnext
07-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Took an F6B out for a test ride, WOW. Comfort, power and good handling....what more could I ask for.....so I bought one.

Driving home after an hour my hip was on FIRE!!!! The pain went away after 5 minutes or so, but had lingering issues all day. HATE getting older. Almost had to stop and immediately get off the bike. This bike is WIDE! My other bike is a highly customized VTX 1300.

Started stretching my hips everyday and will ride her as much as I can to get used to the stretch. Hope this wasn't a mistake.

seadog
07-01-2015, 06:07 AM
That's my option, just have to get off and get the hips realigned. I came from an M109R Suzuki Boulevard with a Corbin seat which cured my hip problems on that bike but I think on this one after the season is over up here in Michigan I am sending my seat to Day-Long seating which takes your stock seat, a picture of you on the bike, height, weight, and leg inseam and they build you a custom seat out of your stocker. Big Larry has been using them for 10 years and swears by they abilities to build a beautiful seat that takes care of your pain. So I will keep dealing with the problem til this winter. This bike is worth the effort, its everything I wanted when I traded the 109 on it. It takes me about 200 miles to have to get off the bike and realign my spine. So not too bad but the seat will make it better. I have a little relief from the Rivco Aero Highway pegs I put on and they do help.

F6bisnext
07-01-2015, 06:09 AM
I bought this bike used, 2013 in the fastest color...BLACK, and it had had a Corbin saddle with driver and passenger backrest on it, so I don't have the stock seat.

opas ride
07-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I bought this bike used, 2013 in the fastest color...BLACK, and it had had a Corbin saddle with driver and passenger backrest on it, so I don't have the stock seat.
I think a Mustang seat is narrower up front than the Corbin seat...I have one on mine and love the thing so far.....Ride safe..

we4willys
07-01-2015, 05:58 PM
I had the same issue with the Corbin Dual Tourer, sold the seat and went with an Ultimate Mid-Rider... Fixed all my issues and comfort is second to none...... Thank you Ultimate....

Ridlikhel
07-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Exercise is a good thing.

F6bisnext
07-02-2015, 06:03 AM
Wow, didn't expect judgement! I DO exercise. Ride a road bike up to 175 miles a week. I have arthritis in my left hip which limits range of motion!

Texas TC
07-02-2015, 07:47 AM

Corbin is a acquired taste. People who like them, love them. The rest of the world, like myself think they are hard as a rock and uncomfortable as hell. They look good, but the ride is very hard. Bottom line, you need a different seat. Stock would probably be better for your hips than the Corbin. Other aftermarket seats are available but higher priiced. Good news is there is probably a fairly good market to sell the Corbin either on the forum or other web selling sites for those who like Corbin. Like mentioned, I like my Mustang but it too is more firm than the stock seat.

Pap
07-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Seats do make a difference. Hope you can find what helps you. You might want to think about some type of highway pegs to get your leg in a different position from time to time. I have a total hip replacement and I like to move my leg around a bit. I'm lucky enough to be able to just put my leg in front of the foot peg and let "hang" there for a while. I also stand on my pegs while riding on occasion. This helps me put on longer miles with comfort. I have the Ultimate king seat and MLB risers. This fixed me up pretty well. I also came off the M109r. Kinda miss her, but I like the storage on this bike.

DaWadd
07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
A good stretch before I ride helps keep those hip cramps at bay. Highway pegs helped me a lot also.

Sorcerer
07-02-2015, 01:35 PM
I've got one of those old guy "fat" wallets. On the bike or in the car I can not have it in a rear pants pocket for very long, spine ends up not happy and a nasty pressure point. 🙈

sksfox
07-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I have a 13 GL converted from GL to f6. Stock seat blah, Corbin could'nt reach the ground, But the mustang is it, much more comfortable and the hight between the rider and passanger works like a back rest.1 inch lower(5'7) so I reach the ground really well.
Hope u are able to get comfortable and enjoy the F6 as much as I have.
Steve
Took an F6B out for a test ride, WOW. Comfort, power and good handling....what more could I ask for.....so I bought one.

Driving home after an hour my hip was on FIRE!!!! The pain went away after 5 minutes or so, but had lingering issues all day. HATE getting older. Almost had to stop and immediately get off the bike. This bike is WIDE! My other bike is a highly customized VTX 1300.

Started stretching my hips everyday and will ride her as much as I can to get used to the stretch. Hope this wasn't a mistake.

shooter
07-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Wow, didn't expect judgement! I DO exercise. Ride a road bike up to 175 miles a week. I have arthritis in my left hip which limits range of motion!
He wasn't passing judgment. He didn't know you exercised. He is right though. The exercise does help. You asked for a solution and we are merely trying to help. If you don't want a response , don't ask.:nono:

BuzzzPhotos
07-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the new bike!!;roughrider; mine keeps getting more & more comfortable. I rode 1100 miles the last 3 days & am about 1/2 way thru. My Mustang seat is great. Hope the rain I ran thru yesterday doesn't hurt it. This forum has some great tips to enhance your ride. .notworthy.

53driver
07-04-2015, 09:30 PM
My Aero pegs are positioned so I can actually rest my heels on them and stretch my hamstrings at speed. 3-5 times an hour helps tremendously on those 1000 mile days.
I have two herniated discs and if I keep the hamstrings stretched out, I'm good to go. If I fail to stretch, I find Dr. Johnnie Black and a hot tub.....

Fla_rider
07-05-2015, 09:08 AM
To each their own, after 2900 mile trip my stock seat is just fine!

Stroked99
07-05-2015, 07:13 PM
I got a new blue 2015 last weekend. My first ride home on mine left me feeling hip pain. Never felt it again on subsequent rides. I think it was just being a virgin to the new riding position. My other bike is a Suzuki Hayabusa and I was accustomed to the sport bike riding position. I'm good to go now. Love the F6B ride and performance. Now I have 2 great bikes.