PDA

View Full Version : Hid's installed

GiddyupF6B
07-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I installed my Hid's that have been sitting on the bench for 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the difference in the dark!

First pic is just one installed
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0321_zps93c4d1b6.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0322_zpsa01f2b98.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0323_BURST002_zps376fe791.jpg

bobbyf6b
07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Very cool!

MichaelG
07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, it is about time. Things have been sitting on your work bench for two weeks...OMG.

Now, install the high beam HIDs too, and that will really light up the night.:shock:

You can see the difference between your HID low beams, and your stock high beams. That is why I installed all four as HIDs.

BTW, good placement of your Ride Bell. Mine is in the same location.:shhh:

GiddyupF6B
07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, it is abut time. Things have been sitting on your work bench for two weeks...OMG.

Now, install the high beam HIDs too, and that will really light up the night.:shock:

You can see the difference between your HID low beams, and your stock high beams. That is why I installed all four as HIDs.

BTW, good placement of your Ride Bell. Mine is in the same location.:shhh:

I might do the high beams over the Winter I haven't decided yet, I heard they were a lot of fun to install! Would the high beams just be another standard hid kit like I just installed?

MichaelG
07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
I might do the high beams over the Winter I haven't decided yet, I heard they were a lot of fun to install! Would the high beams just be another standard hid kit like I just installed?

Basically...YES. I do not know where you bought yours, but I got mine from SoCalMoto, @...SoCalMoto.com, and they sell the WingHIDs as a two light set for $ 165.00, or a four light set for $ 299.00. I thought about it, and decided to go with the four light set. Yeah...the high beams were more difficult to install, but the entire project...doing all 4 lights at one time, took me 2.5 hours, from beginning to end.

Steve 0080
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Yep....... go big or go home !!!!!

GiddyupF6B
07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Yep....... go big or go home !!!!!

Looks great Steve! :clap2:

GiddyupF6B
07-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Basically...YES. I do not know where you bought yours, but I got mine from SoCalMoto, @...SoCalMoto.com, and they sell the WingHIDs as a two light set for $ 165.00, or a four light set for $ 299.00. I thought about it, and decided to go with the four light set. Yeah...the high beams were more difficult to install, but the entire project...doing all 4 lights at one time, took me 2.5 hours, from beginning to end.

Lol....I got my 2 light set with adapters for $73 shipped! I've used this kit on 3 different bikes now and the last one was still going strong after 4 years when I sold the bike. All plug & play easy as pie. Only modification that had to be done was to trim a little off the side of the adapter, took 3 minutes for both. I will have all 4 lights for less than that 2 light kit. Don't hate! lol......:icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
I paid $70 per set with life time warranty on all the parts....local business...

GiddyupF6B
07-30-2013, 10:09 PM
I paid $70 per set with life time warranty on all the parts....local business...

That's more like it! Mine has a 2 year warranty. I had sticker shock when I started researching what hid kits the Gold Wingers were using on the other board. I couldn't believe they were paying $160 for a 2 bulb kit. I spent a good bit of time fortunately in the past on my other bikes finding a high quality plug and play kit so I already knew what I was going to use.

yellow rex
07-30-2013, 10:50 PM
I had install a set from ddm tuning 2years
ago on the wife 09 CSC trike they were working
great when we sold the trike in April, I think I
paid 49 dollars.

F6B-RICH
07-31-2013, 12:01 AM
For the guys that installed HID's did you install (not sure what it is called)the cut off wire? So when your starting the bike they are not on (again
not sure what it does exactly)

MichaelG
07-31-2013, 12:09 AM
For the guys that installed HID's did you install (not sure what it is called)the cut off wire? So when your starting the bike they are not on (again
not sure what it does exactly)

Yes...I know that Steve and I both did install the low beam cut-out relay, from EC, to delay the starting of our HID lights, until the engine starts.

And Giddyup...Don't hate! lol......( I hate you man):icon_wink: I will admit that I paid the full price for my 4 HID lights, but then again...your tax dollars paid for them, for me, so I ain't bitchin':icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
07-31-2013, 08:11 AM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?466-E-C-Low-Beam-Cutout-Harness-Part-02116

I did not but may add this to the high beams....not really needed as long as you start bike with them off....