PDA

View Full Version : Good deals on new 2013's?

Texa$
07-05-2015, 06:41 AM
I have a dealer with 1 deluxe and 2 base models and another with one of each a little further away and I am thinking of jumping the Harley ship and getting a Honda if the price is right. The asking prices are anywhere from $14-$16.5K for bikes that have never been off the demo floor. Seeing that these bikes cannot be sold where I live, is getting a new 2013 for $12K unheard of? I drive a lot (33,000 miles a year in the work car + more in the personal) and have only ran into one of these on the road. It looked nice, but why only one bike in the 120,000 miles that I have driven in the last 3 years?

Will I regret not getting a bike with cruise control? Is there a reason that my local dealers can't sell these?

Necanefan
07-05-2015, 07:48 AM
I haven't heard of anyone getting a price of under $12k like you are seeking on a new 13 F6B. I'm sure this number will vary greatly by dealer, but I doubt you will get that number. The sticker price on the base is around $20k. I bought mine in February for $15k and got an extra year warranty for free.
This bike is unique and simply didn't sell very well for Honda. I'm extremely happy with my purchase, as are the overwhelming majority who have purchased the F6B. The general public's lack of desire for the F6B turns into our gain through reduced purchase prices.
I look forward to the next 300,000+ miles that I am confident the F6B will deliver for me.
Good luck with your negotiations.

-Jeff

seadog
07-05-2015, 08:16 AM
I haven't heard of anyone getting a price of under $12k like you are seeking on a new 13 F6B. I'm sure this number will vary greatly by dealer, but I doubt you will get that number. The sticker price on the base is around $20k. I bought mine in February for $15k and got an extra year warranty for free.
This bike is unique and simply didn't sell very well for Honda. I'm extremely happy with my purchase, as are the overwhelming majority who have purchased the F6B. The general public's lack of desire for the F6B turns into our gain through reduced purchase prices.
I look forward to the next 300,000+ miles that I am confident the F6B will deliver for me.
Good luck with your negotiations.

-Jeff

I think sales on the F6B in 2013 were very poor. I tried before buying my 2015 Deluxe to find a 2014, they were Non existent, no one in about 30 dealers had a 2014 but most had 2013's I finally gave up on the year old bike and bought the 2015. The Cruise and self cancelling turn signals are something I wasn't use too. but wouldn't trade them for anything now. Worth every penny!

Greg O
07-05-2015, 09:24 AM
I have a dealer with 1 deluxe and 2 base models and another with one of each a little further away and I am thinking of jumping the Harley ship and getting a Honda if the price is right. The asking prices are anywhere from $14-$16.5K for bikes that have never been off the demo floor. Seeing that these bikes cannot be sold where I live, is getting a new 2013 for $12K unheard of? I drive a lot (33,000 miles a year in the work car + more in the personal) and have only ran into one of these on the road. It looked nice, but why only one bike in the 120,000 miles that I have driven in the last 3 years?

Will I regret not getting a bike with cruise control? Is there a reason that my local dealers can't sell these?

I live in Joliet, I bought my new Black 2013 standard less than 2 weeks ago from a dealer Wisconsin for $12987.00 thought it was a good deal. Save your money on the bike and add -------- in the winter that is what I'm going to do.

Necanefan
07-05-2015, 09:54 AM
I live in Joliet, I bought my new Black 2013 standard less than 2 weeks ago from a dealer Wisconsin for $12987.00 thought it was a good deal. Save your money on the bike and add -------- in the winter that is what I'm going to do.

Great buy! Congrats

valkmc
07-05-2015, 09:56 AM
I got mine in Oct of 2014 for 13800. They were asking 16300. They are having a hard time moving them so offer them low. I really wasn't looking for one. I had a 12 Wing . I told them no on their first two offers until they got to 13800. Seems like you have 2 dealerships to work with,, I would go back and forth. You never know and there are enough 13's around so you can still get one. Mine is a standard.

Necanefan
07-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Great buy! Congrats

BobR
07-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I had a new 2013 leftover that I ordered from the Honda dealer in Russelville Arkansas. As of 6 weeks ago they still had both standard and deluxe models that they can get. I had ordered a standard and it was going to be $12.999 plus tax out the door. Before I could drive out to pick it up I my local dealer called and said they had taken in a used one with 6K miles and tons of extras. I went and checked it out and they wanted $15.5. I told them I had a new one on order for $12999. and was headed to Russelville the next week to pick it up. They eventually matched the price. It was a standard that someone had added a Madstadt windshield, lots of Kuryakyn parts, Backrest, and more to. I installed a Breakaway cruise control and saved myself 39 hours of driving to Arkansas and back from Florida. Give them a call and see if they can still order one for you. This is my 119th bike and I love it.

Greg O
07-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Great buy! Congrats

I did have to pay an additional $989.00 for freight and dealer prep. So total cost in Wisconsin was $13978.00 OTD. When I brought the bike back to Illinois I had to pay sales tax, plates and title. Which was another $1200.00

ths61
07-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Best 2013 Standard OTD price (including freight, dealer prep and TTL) in SoCal that I was quoted was $15K and $16K for a Standard with dealer added backrest, center stand and heated grips (no self cancelling turn signals).

powercruzer13
07-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Bought the wife her red 2013 Deluxe in Oct. 2014 for $14,500. They were getting antsy as the 2015's were on the way & I'm sure Honda had kicked in some dealer incentive money to move the '13s by then. :shock:
Rode the bike out the door with 2 miles on the odometer. :yes:

Madmax
07-06-2015, 07:59 AM
I just paid 13,800 + 750 prep for a black deluxe last month , its was a fair deal .

No Handle Sam
07-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga and Honda of Russellville seem to have the best prices I've ever seen on ANY new Honda. I've purchased a number of vehicles over the last 10 years from Southern and they have been great to work with. My local Honda dealer is only 5 minutes from my house and I always give them a chance to earn my business, but when you are looking at saving thousands of dollars... it's worth the drive for me. As for F6B prices... I got really lucky and purchased my 2013 standard with only 350 miles for on it for $10,500 from a guy who loved the bike, but was strapped for cash. But the original paperwork shows that he only paid $12,000 when he purchased it brand new last August. Same story as many have stated... the dealer had it on their floor forever and just couldn't move it. (I know I saw the same bike at the dealership a couple of years ago and the best price they would do on it back then was $18,500)