PDA

View Full Version : Love the bike

tile
07-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Traded a harley roadking for the f6b, how many other harley riders have done that?

seadog
07-06-2015, 07:32 PM
I have a buddy that has a 2013 Road King Anniversary Edition and I told him when I bought the 2015 matte silver Deluxe to not get on one of these cause you won't want that Harley when your done with your test ride.

bobbyf6b
07-06-2015, 07:40 PM
I traded a 2007 Street Glide. No regrets!

I went from the worst bike I ever owned to the best bike I've ever owned.

Greg O
07-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Unlike some others, I sold my Electra Glide Classic 4 yrs ago because of back problems but never had any mechanical issues with the bike. Do I like the F6B better, in looks no,in audio not even close in sound no. In handling, smoothness, cleanability, reliability, maintenance yes. I wanted to start riding again and didn't want to throw down $25,000 to find out I still can't tolerate riding but I had to have a big bagger. On this Honda I can ride for several hours without much discomfort other than a little stiffness. Would I buy another Harley, most likely not. I do really like this Honda yes. I am looking forward to what the next generation of F6B is going to be like.

seadog
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Unlike some others, I sold my Electra Glide Classic 4 yrs ago because of back problems but never had any mechanical issues with the bike. Do I like the F6B better, in looks no,in audio not even close in sound no. In handling, smoothness, cleanability, reliability, maintenance yes. I wanted to start riding again and didn't want to throw down $25,000 to find out I still can't tolerate riding but I had to have a big bagger. On this Honda I can ride for several hours without much discomfort other than a little stiffness. Would I buy another Harley, most likely not. I do really like this Honda yes. I am looking forward to what the next generation of F6B is going to be like.

I know where your at, I'm 66 this year and of course things don't work like they did when you were 22. I can ride for 200 miles without to much problems but after that it becomes one. I have to stop more and shake out the hip joints and lower back. I just purchased an Air Hawk air seat for the F6B and am waiting patiently for it to arrive and see if my problem with the stock seat becomes less a problem. The Aero Highway pegs did help but were not the total cure I was looking for. The aftermarket seats for this bike are very pricey and your buying a pig in a poke, without any guarantee that its going to fix your ills so I thought I would try the Air Hawk first for $175 bucks its cheaper than those 700 dollar aftermarket seats.

Brian D
07-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Traded a 13 roadglide. No regrets at first. Full of a lot of regrets now. definitely gone after this riding season

glide one
07-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Traded a 13 roadglide. No regrets at first. Full of a lot of regrets now. definitely gone after this riding season

My street glide is a great bike but I don't ride it much because the F6 is so smooth.
Just two different machines.
Glide One

seadog
07-07-2015, 07:34 AM

Just interested in what you don't like about the F6B, did you buy the standard or the Deluxe? My only problem is the seat, which I am trying to figure out now. But I do love the handling, the power and smoothness of the engine, I never had cruise control or self cancelling turn signals but wouldn't trade them for anything now..

Old Ryder
07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Traded a harley roadking for the f6b, how many other harley riders have done that?

Sold my Victory---but have had more than my share of Harleys in every model except a Dyna and VRod. Road King custom, Ultra Classic, Heritage EVO, Fatboy and Sportster.

No Handle Sam
07-07-2015, 10:49 AM
My 2014 Street Glide Special was a 50th birthday gift to myself (I always wanted a Harley "just because", but I never pulled the trigger before then) and I really enjoy riding it. The sound, the classic look, the sound :icon_cool: But there is no doubt (in my mind) that the Honda is a better motorcycle in almost every way. Build quality, performance, handling, reliability, cost of ownership, etc... Since my F6 stays in Colorado and the Harley is in Atlanta I don't have to pick one over the other everyday. But I have to be honest... I have thought about trading in the Harley for an "east coast" F6B. I just can't bring myself to do it. Did I mention how much I like that Harley sound? 'riding'

edgeman55
07-07-2015, 12:15 PM
I rode Wings for 30 years from a 1975 1000 to my last 1500.About six inbetween and loved them all.My first and only V twin was not a Harley but a Yamaha Roadstar which I bought on a whim as I thought I was missing something not having the V twin experience.Rode it for five years and while I enjoyed some aspects of the ride it got very old having my ears rattle from the V&H powershot exhaust I had installed and the heat from the engine when stoped or rolling slow.I still ride with a few Harley buds but tend to stay in front as the noise really drives me nuts.Guess i'm getting old but I really enjoy the quiet power of my F6B and it just fits me better then any bike I have ridden in 40 years other then maybe the 1500 Goldwing platform which also had the room for my 6'5" frame.

Vol1chuck
07-07-2015, 02:42 PM
I know where your at, I'm 66 this year and of course things don't work like they did when you were 22. I can ride for 200 miles without to much problems but after that it becomes one. I have to stop more and shake out the hip joints and lower back. I just purchased an Air Hawk air seat for the F6B and am waiting patiently for it to arrive and see if my problem with the stock seat becomes less a problem. The Aero Highway pegs did help but were not the total cure I was looking for. The aftermarket seats for this bike are very pricey and your buying a pig in a poke, without any guarantee that its going to fix your ills so I thought I would try the Air Hawk first for $175 bucks its cheaper than those 700 dollar aftermarket seats.

Ultimate offers a 14 day trial period with a "no questions asked" return policy.

a1scoot
07-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Sold my 04 Electra Glide when I bought the F6B as I didn't want two baggers in the garage….
Bought an 11 Dyna Wide Glide to compliment the Honda so I have a different flavor as well…
Really enjoy both bikes but for different reasons….
You can have your cake and eat it too….
a1scoot :icon_biggrin:

Brian D
07-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Just interested in what you don't like about the F6B, did you buy the standard or the Deluxe? My only problem is the seat, which I am trying to figure out now. But I do love the handling, the power and smoothness of the engine, I never had cruise control or self cancelling turn signals but wouldn't trade them for anything now..

My f6 is a standard. And first let me say that I really think this is a great bike. It has power,it's smooth. And that's were I gotta stop. When I first test drove it I got hooked on the power. Never rode anything this fast. I have only rode v twins and never been on a sport bike. So the power difference sold me fast plus I had a yr old harley with 10k on the clock and in the shop 5 times for electrical issues since new. Needless to say I couldn't sign fast enough. After a few months and about 3-4k later I'm finding I can't get comfortable at all on this bike I put a ultimate king seat on it and really no better. Basically too be honest I really don't care for the bike. IMO I mean no disrespect what so ever but this is a 50+ yr old person bike. Or someone who is tired of riding sport bikes. I love the look and the sound of a harley and I'm prob gonna go back to a roadglide. I'm willing to give them another shot and if it bites me in the ass then I'll try victory. Yes I know before everyone comments that Harley's are slow. im a 65-80 miles per hr cruiser on the hiway. Any faster fellas and your asking for trouble

So to sum it up. This is a great bike but it's not for me. You have got to be comfy and enjoy what your riding and I'm not feeling it. I'm still riding it cause I owe too much to trade it this summer but Ill be saying goodbye around March. Talked to one of the few dealers left in my area that still has Honda and harley under the same dealer name and my trade in value isn't as bad as I thought considering what Honda is giving away the 13's for. Honda royaly F___!! The people who bought this bike at msrp when they lowered the price. It was a real shitty move on there part considering in my opinion this bike was made to get rid of all the spare goldwing parts in there warehouse in anticipation of mother Honda re doing the goldwing. Sorry I'm real bitter about how this bike tanked in value. Anyways enough of my rants. Safe riding!!

Fla_rider
07-08-2015, 06:40 AM

:postpics:

Post Pics Tile!

sir22
07-08-2015, 08:02 AM
I sold my 2006 Electric Glide Classic that I had way too much money into it. I bought the matt silver and I have no regrets and haven't stopped smiling yet. Best bike ever. I just need to learn the lean angle to stop dragging my toes on corners.

I get to ride the newest "company provided" Harley Electric Glide every year for the summer and still wouldn't give up my F6B. I tell everyone I love my bike

seadog
07-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I sold my 2006 Electric Glide Classic that I had way too much money into it. I bought the matt silver and I have no regrets and haven't stopped smiling yet. Best bike ever. I just need to learn the lean angle to stop dragging my toes on corners.

I get to ride the newest "company provided" Harley Electric Glide every year for the summer and still wouldn't give up my F6B. I tell everyone I love my bike

Well at least you bought the fastest color, I wasn't sure about the matte silver but the more shuttle touches of chrome I add to it the more gorgeous it gets. I added the Rivco Chrome highway pegs, put a bagger shield on it and have added the small chrome accents for the vent holes in the front fender and I have a chrome set of stock pipes on it and that ugly frame with the weld sticking out I had to cover up so I bought that chrome frame cover and I am about done it just doesn't need anymore. :clap2::clap2:

Madmax
07-08-2015, 01:36 PM
I was sold years ago I had a roadking did the ride to sturgis one year 1700 miles , the following year a buddy lent me a 2006 full wing and I never looked back . Just sold the fatboy last year .
I still ride with the Harley guys on any given sunday , I'm one who prefers funtion over fashion .

XHarley
07-09-2015, 06:16 PM
XX

unsub
07-09-2015, 07:50 PM

Just curious after reading your post, why not try to maximize the resale value and sell it now during riding season?

Brian D
07-10-2015, 06:46 AM
Just curious after reading your post, why not try to maximize the resale value and sell it now during riding season?

Just bought it last July at almost full msrp. Owe more than what the bike is worth.

racer
07-10-2015, 01:30 PM
My f6 is a standard. And first let me say that I really think this is a great bike. It has power,it's smooth. And that's were I gotta stop. When I first test drove it I got hooked on the power. Never rode anything this fast. I have only rode v twins and never been on a sport bike. So the power difference sold me fast plus I had a yr old harley with 10k on the clock and in the shop 5 times for electrical issues since new. im a 65-80 miles per hr cruiser on the hiway. Any faster fellas and your asking for trouble

Yup. two good reasons to switch to the 6:

Never rode anything this fast. I have only rode v twins and never been on a sport bike.

I had a yr old harley with 10k on the clock and in the shop 5 times for electrical issues since new.

and a good reason to go back to an hd.

im a 65-80 miles per hr cruiser on the hiway.

The F6B ain't for everybody. And that's ok.