PDA

View Full Version : Aero Flip-Out Highway Pegs

98valk
07-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys,
I am leaning towards getting a set of these (not sure which set, yet). My question is about how strong are they?

When I have my feet on highway pegs, I like to adjust my seating position at times by putting all my weight and more on the pegs.

So, my concern is about the strength of the pegs themselves, and the strength of whatever engine part that they are bolted to. Could you stand up on them?

TIA! Decisions, decisions .... :shrug:

Steve 0080
07-07-2015, 05:07 PM
No problem.... there is a video on their web site showing the owner Rich doing that exact same thing !!!

98valk
07-07-2015, 05:15 PM
No problem.... there is a video on their web site showing the owner Rich doing that exact same thing !!!

Great! Thanks Steve. :yes:

choptop
07-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Have the chromes, love them.

Vondawg
07-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Got the the chrome as well thinking even the powder coated would wear thru eventually ...really line them

RickJ
07-07-2015, 06:13 PM

I saw that video...I also got the chrome and love them (still adjusting the tension so they flip out easily) however...I would not put all my weight on them...a video is one thing but what is their weight rating?...their isn't one. What is their intended use? Footrest. That joint just doesn't look like it was designed to take a stand-up. I know this isn't "arguable" just my gut.

seadog
07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Value Accessories has the best price, they are listed like everyone else's price but when you pay them you find you have a very nice discount. I paid $364 for the chrome and they are gorgeous on the F6

Hornblower
07-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Personally, I would NOT stand on mine whether anyone else has done it or not. I'm sure they weren't designed for that. If I want to stand while riding, I use the regular foot pegs. That said, I'm quite satisfied with my Aero pegs, especially the hidden-look feature :yes:.

richw56
07-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I have the silver pegs, and love them.
Great mod, and super easy installation.
They also seem extremely sturdy.
But their positioning on the bike is such that I do not think I would ever want or need to try to stand on them for any reason anyway, so I'm not concerned about verifying whether or not they can actually handle my full weight on their own.

Steve 0080
07-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Wellll Rich is not that big.... and I would not be up dancing on them but they will do everything they are designed to do!!!

Ericb445
07-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm 240lbs and I stood on my left side one time.
I just had to see if they were really that strong, I figured why not give it a try. It didn't even give at all.:yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQzJMM5BGE

sksfox
07-07-2015, 09:26 PM
These pegs are so strong if ur bike falls over and the peg is out it WILL crush the VALVE COVER and enormous amounts of oil will be on the ground ,Ask ED he has droped his 2 times and has had to by 2 valve covers.I close mine every time I get off the bike after seeing the damage.
:icon_redface:

Ericb445
07-07-2015, 09:49 PM
I close mine every time I'm not using them.
I had a guy walk past my bike and he got a little too close while they were open and bumped the peg with his leg and it cut his shin open pretty bad.

53driver
07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
These pegs are so strong if ur bike falls over and the peg is out it WILL crush the VALVE COVER and enormous amounts of oil will be on the ground ,Ask ED he has droped his 2 times and has had to by 2 valve covers.I close mine every time I get off the bike after seeing the damage.

The SoCal install team at Daytona made a point to tell me the same thing. If the peg is out and the bike falls, there will be LOTS of damage.

RickJ
07-07-2015, 10:16 PM

Those pegs are so strong that when Chuck Norris changes a tire on his F6....he picks the bike up BY THE PEG and takes the tire off with the other hand!!!

Morpheous
07-07-2015, 10:35 PM

I have already experienced buying a valve cover! The bike fell over when it was open and it held the bike up and barely even scratched the peg but i drove off with a cracked valve cover! Be sure to close them in whenever you park your bike. Its an expensive lesson.....:icon_cry::icon_cry:

No Handle Sam
07-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Steve... I couldn't find any video on their website. Do you have a link?

richw56
07-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Important info! Thanks to all who pointed this out.

bobbyf6b
07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Important info! Thanks to all who pointed this out.

Ditto!

RickJ
07-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Ditto!

me three

Steve 0080
07-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Steve... I couldn't find any video on their website. Do you have a link?

See post #11

No Handle Sam
07-09-2015, 08:48 AM
See post #11

Saw that one. Thought you were talking about another video. Thanks.

Steve 0080
07-09-2015, 10:53 AM
No, same one.....steve :039:

Wmorgan2k
07-09-2015, 10:09 PM
I put a set on my Valkyrie and I love them! I got them for $250 at Goldwingparts and they are definitely worth it. I like them so much I may sell off my Kury pegs on both my B and my Wing to replace with a set of these. They have about 3" or so of adjustment forward and backward so you can get pretty comfy. Definitely a recommend on these. They are a bit hard to flip out but i just reach down and crack them open a bit and then use my foot the rest of the way, not a big deal but some will complain about it. My Kury pegs do work very well too so I'm not a huge hurry to drop another $500 on 2 more sets but I'm thinking about it lol.