PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis Rally 2015

Philbert40
07-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Anyone going to Sturgis this year?

I'm arriving on Aug. 1st and plan to stay about a week. I would like to meet up with any other f6b owners that are there. Group ride? Group lunch? Group dinner?

See you there!

choptop
07-08-2015, 04:24 AM
Considering it, but with just having left their and riding the hills, other than wanting to see tons of bikers,and less boobies, every year, can't think of a real good reason to go.

jm21ddd15
07-08-2015, 07:07 AM
I'll be there. Leaving on July 28th. Getting there a couple days early, to get some decent riding on the popular routes, before the "masses" arrive on the weekend. Then will do rides on lesser know and ridden areas over the weekend. Will be camping at a small campground just west of Sturgis, with a group of V-twin riders. 75th anny this year. Should be some fun!

Vol1chuck
07-08-2015, 07:26 AM
I'll be there! Third trip, but this one is special. I'm retiring one 7/31 after 29 years with the US Marshals Service, and I leave my retirement lunch on the B heading straight to Sturgis. Nice start to retirement, says I!! Will be pulling into the Broken Spoke campground on Sunday afternoon, 8/2.

stroguy
07-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Congrats on the retirement. On my bucket list but it will not be this year. Have fun all, be safe.

gmorstad
07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I'll be there! Third trip, but this one is special. I'm retiring one 7/31 after 29 years with the US Marshals Service, and I leave my retirement lunch on the B heading straight to Sturgis. Nice start to retirement, says I!! Will be pulling into the Broken Spoke campground on Sunday afternoon, 8/2.

Cool to see another retired LEO here. I retired after 29 years 11 months. local jurisdiction. I have been retired for 6 years.

Vol1chuck
07-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Cool to see another retired LEO here. I retired after 29 years 11 months. local jurisdiction. I have been retired for 6 years.

Come to Sturgis and pitch a tent! It's really a great area for riding, and you're a helluva lot closer than I am. Downtown Sturgis is cool for one night, and Deadwood is great for an afternoon, but the highlight is definitely the riding...

Tunes
07-10-2015, 02:39 PM
I will be there. Should be pulling in Aug 1st. Staying at a small campground in Spearfish.

Doug44
07-14-2015, 06:21 AM
I posted this in the general message area but received no response, I didn't see this post so maybe you guys here can help me I copied & pasted that post below & thanks

Sturgis Rally & Rapid City SD
As a last minute decision I am interested in attending the AMA Pro Flatrack 1/2 mile race Aug 4th durning the world famous Sturgis rally. Has anyone here got any ideas or place at this late date I might find a campground near Rapid City ? It needs to be close to Rapid City because after the night race is over at 11pm I don't wish to ride far with all the critters ! I have been looking and came up with nothing and the motels are all booked with even Motel 6 getting crazy prices, Super 8 wants between $219-329.00 per night. Nothing like good ole screwing but I guess their season is short and you gotta make it when you can.

Tunes
07-14-2015, 10:48 AM
I had a hard time finding a campground 10 months ago when I booked and had to pay in full. Took me three solid days and a lot of phone calls to find something and I paid about the same rate as you said hotels are asking. I think if you want to really go you better book what ever you can find.

Doug44
07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
I had a hard time finding a campground 10 months ago when I booked and had to pay in full. Took me three solid days and a lot of phone calls to find something and I paid about the same rate as you said hotels are asking. I think if you want to really go you better book what ever you can find.

Yes well I am afraid what you are saying is reality! The only thing I can do is vote my pocket book if this is the case. It isn't something I have to do so I simply won't go. Plenty of races each year like last week in Indianapolis where I paid $69.00 for a great room. I probably will take a nice ride out into the NW states but steer clear of Rape City this time of year. Thanks for the quick response

jeffro413
07-23-2015, 06:35 PM
I'll be there, but leaving Monday 7.27 and home 7.31