PDA

View Full Version : liking the running/brake light...wigwag not so much

RickJ
07-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I put the Kury added light on just now and really like it. I also ordered a wig wag- somehow I believed the wigwag would plug in- I really don't feel like cutting into wires. besides the accessory led's really light up the rear. Hopefully I can return the wigwag to wingstuff un used... I'm sure they'll be getting my money in many other ways down the road!

The accessory harness is the way to go. I had a number of splices on my jeep wiring...and eventually they were problematic...

RickJ
07-08-2015, 03:19 PM
I put the Kury added light on just now and really like it. I also ordered a wig wag- somehow I believed the wigwag would plug in- I really don't feel like cutting into wires. besides the accessory led's really light up the rear. Hopefully I can return the wigwag to wingstuff un used... I'm sure they'll be getting my money in many other ways down the road!

The accessory harness is the way to go. I had a number of splices on my jeep wiring...and eventually they were problematic...

Wingstuff couldn't have made the return easier...well- they could have actually sent a LABEL...but really, no explaining or anything just "no problem, here's what to do". nice. and good for them.

Greg O
07-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I just added the Kury V fender tip tail light yesterday. It really lights up the back end a lot and I like the looks of it. I will not order the 2 side bars, as I think it will be to much. I purchased the gloss black model.

RickJ
07-09-2015, 07:17 AM
I just added the Kury V fender tip tail light yesterday. It really lights up the back end a lot and I like the looks of it. I will not order the 2 side bars, as I think it will be to much. I purchased the gloss black model.

agree on the sidelights. Regular chrome here.

flat6bagger
07-18-2015, 06:49 PM
I installed the rear side bar strip lights.
I am a little disappointed because the left strip is not quite as bright as the right side.
The two long strips are the same both sides.
It is the one on the left that angles toward the middle.
Everything is hooked up exactly as instructed.
They are installed,so WingStuff according to return policy will not take them back.

Doug

stroguy
07-18-2015, 07:03 PM
I installed the rear side bar strip lights.
I am a little disappointed because the left strip is not quite as bright as the right side.
The two long strips are the same both sides.
It is the one on the left that angles toward the middle.
Everything is hooked up exactly as instructed.
They are installed,so WingStuff according to return policy will not take them back.

Doug

Who are you?

flat6bagger
07-18-2015, 07:06 PM
A Ghost of forum posts of the past. BOO! :icon_biggrin:

stroguy
07-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Happy to see you.

flat6bagger
07-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks.
We'll see how this round goes.

shooter
07-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Good to see you back Doug. I want to say it's been dull without you , but it hasn't. Stro keeps messing up. Seriously though , great to see you post.

Steve 0080
07-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Good to see you back Doug. I want to say it's been dull without you , but it hasn't. Stro keeps messing up. Seriously though , great to see you post.

+1

shooter
07-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Rick is that the light that goes along the bottom?. If so that's the one I've been wanting. Does the seat or luggage rack have to come off? Or just the rear lights for the harness?

RickJ
07-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Shooter, the Kury light along the bottom.Just took off the rear panel to get at the harness (didn't even remove the rear brake/signal lens. There were four (?) nuts- two in a slot on top and two underneath...the two underneath are replaced by nicer Kury ones that also hold the new light. They include a strip of double sided adhesive on the light and I have no idea whay it is supposed to do as it didn't even hold the light in place for me to bolt it...I recall someone else noticing this. I hope Kury doesn't think the adhesive makes any appreciable contact! Might be worth a call to Rick w at wingstuff-thats where I got the [pricey] light

flat6bagger
07-19-2015, 06:38 AM

Thanks Shooter and Steve.
I had been communicating with a couple of members and just reading posts.
I thought I would come back and not allow myself to get caught up in subjects that have no meaning to me.
It is counter productive to all parties concerned.
Back on subject here.
I went out after it was totally dark last night in my garage and found that the side bars are indeed the same in brightness.
It is the left diagonal small strip that the bulbs are slightly dimmer than the other side.
My son came out and looked at it.
He said someone driving behind probably would not notice the difference and would not be spending any time thinking about it anyway if they did.

Doug

RickJ
07-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Thanks Shooter and Steve.
I had been communicating with a couple of members and just reading posts.
I thought I would come back and not allow myself to get caught up in subjects that have no meaning to me.
It is counter productive to all parties concerned.

Doug

good luck. I suck at doing that, and it would save me a LOT of angst. Accept the things I cannot changer and change the things I can...My spouting angry (and dubious) "wisdom" probably wont change many minds; it just feels good to win pointless arguments. I'd be a better human, and more likely to have some influence on opinions, if I waited till asked and used honey rather than vinegar.

...and then the kicker of course "and grant me wisdom to know the difference" (between accept and change).

flat6bagger
07-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Rick,
I never said I would be successful at it. :icon_lol:

Doug

RickJ
07-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Rick,
I never said I would be successful at it. :icon_lol:

Doug

well, just by saying it- you reminded me I need to be mindful of that. THREE facebook replies averted so far!!! Thanks

flat6bagger
07-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Back to the rear LEDs for a second.
I bought the side bar lights so as to be seen.
When it comes to my life,I believe the more illumination to attract attention from behind the motorcycle the better.

Doug

shooter
07-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Shooter, the Kury light along the bottom.Just took off the rear panel to get at the harness (didn't even remove the rear brake/signal lens. There were four (?) nuts- two in a slot on top and two underneath...the two underneath are replaced by nicer Kury ones that also hold the new light. They include a strip of double sided adhesive on the light and I have no idea whay it is supposed to do as it didn't even hold the light in place for me to bolt it...I recall someone else noticing this. I hope Kury doesn't think the adhesive makes any appreciable contact! Might be worth a call to Rick w at wingstuff-thats where I got the [pricey] light

Thanks Rick for the info. I appreciate it. I always research a part before I buy it. Rick , like you I can't keep my mouth shut. Too passionate about my beliefs. Doug , put certain people on ignore , do something cause we need you around buddy. Good people are hard to come by.

Steve 0080
07-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Here is a Pic...

shooter
07-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Thanks Steve. Appreciate it.

Steve 0080
07-20-2015, 08:59 AM
NP...plug and play...you do have to remove the back center section...30 mins max!

RickJ
07-20-2015, 07:53 PM
thanks...your pic confirms what I thought (if I have the order correct) The LEDs may be a bit brighter, but there seems to be more separation of the bulb light...ie it is easier to see two bulbs...yes?

Steve 0080
07-20-2015, 11:56 PM
All I can say is I like it....I copied another rider and it came out well....

flat6bagger
07-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Here is the bike running with the sidebar lights installed.

Doug

Greg O
07-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Here is the bike running with the sidebar lights installed.

Doug
Looks great Doug, I only did the fender tip.