PDA

View Full Version : Ready

jm21ddd15
07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Got my 2 rear wheels off E-Bay. Just have to clean them, and have a General G-max waiting for one and a Stone for the other. Still have a couple K miles left on the OEM Stone to burn off. My bud at the local auto repair shop will mount them for 10 bucks. I've got several cans of the Plastic Dip to cover the rims after I get them cleaned up. :yes: Looking forward to the Dark side!

John

Steve 0080
07-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Let us know how you like it !!!

shooter
07-08-2015, 08:53 PM
You're gonna like that G-Max. Two up I ran 45lbs one up 40 to 42. Its a great tire.

jm21ddd15
07-08-2015, 08:58 PM
You're gonna like that G-Max. Two up I ran 45lbs one up 40 to 42. Its a great tire.

:yes: Thanks for the tire pressure info. I wasn't sure where to start. I ride solo, so I will start at 40. And I am thinking the G-Max gets mounted with the direction arrow going the correct way. I have heard some people mount their tires backwards. Not sure what that would benefit, but I'm no expert.

bob109
07-08-2015, 09:21 PM
:yes: Thanks for the tire pressure info. I wasn't sure where to start. I ride solo, so I will start at 40. And I am thinking the G-Max gets mounted with the direction arrow going the correct way. I have heard some people mount their tires backwards. Not sure what that would benefit, but I'm no expert.

Sweet Spot pressure for the G-Max, solo riding, is 42/43 psi! That pressure, in my case, delivered 30,300 miles wear from the Max! The tire gets mounted in the same rotation direction as the OEM Stone. Regarding reverse rotation, it's for "Double Dark Siding" with a rear cycle tire mounted to the front wheel. I'm running a Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 on the front of my 6. I chose to mount it with the same rotation direction as the OEM Stone. With just shy of 20K miles wear on the Ax, I have the identical tire for replacement. I think the reverse rotation of the front tire may apply to Wing Trikes:icon_wink: