PDA

View Full Version : Drink Holder Cubby

seadog
07-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Just order the drink holder cubby from Value Accessories. Does that just fit into the regular door hinge set up and lock down into place? I am hoping that is the case cause I hate major overhauls for small mods!

F6B1911
07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
https://maggroup.blob.core.windows.net/kuryakyn/1669-21GL-1112.pdf

RickW
07-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Just order the drink holder cubby from Value Accessories. Does that just fit into the regular door hinge set up and lock down into place? I am hoping that is the case cause I hate major overhauls for small mods!

Fits right into the regular hinge, very easy install. I also have the chrome one on mine.
Rick

opas ride
07-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Seadog...Very difficult to install...took me all of 5 minutes, if that.....Just kidding as it is very easy to do and looks nicer than the stock one to me. I got the chrome one and it is great to stuff a water bottle into on a ride...Wished mine fit a little tighter as it wiggles a little if you move it when cleaning around it, but no big deal!!!....Ride safe

seadog
07-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I was wondering if it would be that easy, I just added an air hawk for the seat and put a tail bag on the bike and I will bet that each of those took me longer than the drink holder will. Thanks for the info and yes I did order the chrome one, I am sure I didn't need to add that as you all know I am kind of a chrome junkie.

powercruzer13
07-09-2015, 08:50 PM
I bought the black one for my F6B but it has since been confiscated by the wife for hers. :shock:
Good addition to the bike but the Kury lid fits like crap.

Wmorgan2k
07-09-2015, 09:57 PM
I have one on the Wing and my F6B. They work really well and it's nice to store stuff in the little pockets. I usually have my cigar lighters and cutters and change in there lol. The lid is a little loose but overall it's not bad at all. Put a little of the soft part of the velcro underneath and it will snap closed tightly. I actually wrapped the one on my Wing and while a pain to do came out pretty nice. This one was chrome it was before they made a black one. I have black on the B...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2014%20GoldWing/20F9CFCB-E1AC-4D56-BEBF-4749EB00345D.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2014%20GoldWing/20F9CFCB-E1AC-4D56-BEBF-4749EB00345D.jpg.html)

Retired Army
07-09-2015, 10:06 PM

As far as carrying drinks in the cup holder its touch and go because of the angle of the cup. I have splashed coffee on the bike even with a cover on the drink.

stroguy
07-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Seadog...Very difficult to install...took me all of 5 minutes, if that.....Just kidding as it is very easy to do and looks nicer than the stock one to me. I got the chrome one and it is great to stuff a water bottle into on a ride...Wished mine fit a little tighter as it wiggles a little if you move it when cleaning around it, but no big deal!!!....Ride safe

Bend the aluminum arm locking bar a touch at a time and you will find a point where it fits tighter.

Bunny
07-10-2015, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=stroguy;87266]Bend the aluminum arm locking bar a touch at a time and you will find a point where it fits tighter.[/QU

i am having a hard time finding an insulated coffee cup to fit in t. they should have made it a bit bigger - the water bottle fits great but any suggestions on where i can find a good insulated coffee cup for it.

Bunny from winnipeg

Spewey Griffin
07-10-2015, 02:11 AM
I've got one and agree about the size of it. It suits foam take away cups OK, but then you have to deal with dodgy lids coming off as well as the angle of it. It would be much better it it fitted standard aluminium coffee mugs. I guess the idea is to stop and enjoy your coffee while having a rest and using the holder for a small water bottle.

M61A1MECH
07-10-2015, 08:18 AM
I have one on my Goldwing and have a stainless steel 16 oz Bubba Cup that fits in it pretty well, does not go to the bottom but is firmly in there when you push it down till it stops.
It has a sealing cover with a flap that seals and locks back when you open it, so no spills , I use it for coffe in the AM and then switchout to a smallish bottle of water later, just un screw the lid with your left hand before you take it out, plam the lid and pick up the bottle works fine.

I do not keep anything in the pockets on either side and have thought about packing them with ice or maybe a fozen blue ice thingy to keep the water cool on hot FL days.

Wmorgan2k
07-10-2015, 09:49 AM
I have several insulated cups I use almost every morning I ride and they all fit. They hold 12oz of coffee as well. I have a Kury one, a Starbucks one, a couple from trade shows they all fit. They won't go to the bottom but they go 70% of the way in and hold just fine. Unless it's giant it should fit.

stroguy
07-10-2015, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=stroguy;87266]

i am having a hard time finding an insulated coffee cup to fit in t. they should have made it a bit bigger - the water bottle fits great but any suggestions on where i can find a good insulated coffee cup for it.

Bunny from winnipeg

These fit very well. They are much narrower than regular mugs.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221354959565?_mwBanner=1&varId=520228145503

ths61
07-10-2015, 10:22 AM

As far as carrying drinks in the cup holder its touch and go because of the angle of the cup. I have splashed coffee on the bike even with a cover on the drink.

Try the Contigo mugs. Best one-handed-thermal-leak-free mugs I have ever used.

Contigo Travel Mugs (http://www.gocontigo.com/mugs/?mug_type=242)

F6B1911
07-14-2015, 08:29 PM
The center cubby is valuable space for me, cell phone, wallet, keys, etc.
So, .......this seems to be a great place for a cup holder in my case.
Came with a few different pieces of foam in different thicknesses, so my coffee cup fits perfect.

Spewey Griffin
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
I've also gone with the Contigo Travel Mug for my Drink Holder Cubby. I do lose convenient space for my phone, wallet etc but I was getting into a bad habit of leaving those items on the bike when I shouldn't be and the original Cubby isn't exactly burglar proof. Now when I ride I take a trimmed down wallet with just the necessities which I don't even notice in my jacket, same for the phone. Peace of mind to have both on me and I've got a hot brew (4 hours if you believe the sales blurb).

Of course I do risk losing the Contigo if I don't throw it into a side case, but $30 as opposed to a $800 phone (and wallet) is a no brainer. The space is also great for convenient water as it fits a 600ml shop bottle perfectly.

seadog
07-14-2015, 09:23 PM
That is the only size water bottle I have tried in the cubby and it fits pretty well and doesn't stick up too far, but all are right about the angle, there is no way to put it in there without the cap on it as it would spill all over the bike. No go on the coffee cup which is to fat and the handle is too far down on the cup and won't let it go any deeper if it could.

Ridlikhel
07-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Camel Back

seadog
07-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Bend the aluminum arm locking bar a touch at a time and you will find a point where it fits tighter.

You bend the locking tab on the lid just a little toward the left side of the bike and the lid closes a lot tighter than when you first put it on. Mine was pretty loose when installed but after bending the tab a bit toward the left it is perfectly fine now.

Bunny
07-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Try the Contigo mugs. Best one-handed-thermal-leak-free mugs I have ever used.

Contigo Travel Mugs (http://www.gocontigo.com/mugs/?mug_type=242)

i have these cups and love them but they are too big to fit in the cubby. how does your fit if we have the same thing??

ths61
07-16-2015, 10:36 AM
i have these cups and love them but they are too big to fit in the cubby. how does your fit if we have the same thing??

I have used it with the Kruzer Kaddies which have different diameter inserts for different diameter cyclinders.

Also, Contigo makes different sized mugs.