PDA

View Full Version : So who's picking up there new RC213V-S?

Wmorgan2k
07-09-2015, 10:00 PM
So I was browsing around the Honda site to see some of the new stuff coming out and my jaw dropped when I saw the price tag on the new RC213V-S! Apparently it's a race ready MotoGP bike you can order right from Honda and take delivery at your dealer. The price tag you ask? A cool $184,000!!! Holy Smokes! I wonder if they will actually sell any? It does look amazing and if you had the disposable cash laying around I'm willing to bet it just one sick ride!

You can drool over the new details here: http://www.rc213v-s.com

Elroy
07-10-2015, 07:16 AM
I saw this as well. Thought it was actually a typo on a dealer's website till I saw the same price on a second dealer's website.

jm21ddd15
07-10-2015, 07:34 AM
Sure, some people will buy them. Look at the prices that are on the Barret-Jackson auto auctions, for example. Some people have money just to waste! Or how about people paying hundred of thousands for some dead musicians guitar. Or tens of millions for a painting, Or a Team owner paying an athlete a 100 million contract. These people could do something much better with all their un-needed cash. JMHO

shooter
07-10-2015, 10:17 AM
If I sell my house and both bikes I think its doable. Gonna be hard splainin that to the wife.

Vondawg
07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't buy one but sure glad somebody can spend THIER MONEY on their dreams or whatever they want to do with it.

Steve 0080
07-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't buy one but sure glad somebody can spend THIER MONEY on their dreams or whatever they want to do with it.

+1..Proud of them...

ths61
07-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what about it warrants its price tag over other RR crotch rockets ?

Wmorgan2k
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
It's a full on MotoGP bike with all the tech and build of a custom MotoGP machine. Hand welded frames, the engine is insane as is the suspension. Everything is no expense spared.

Wow there are some bitter folks on here it seems that other people who have the means can (and do) buy something like this.

jm21ddd15
07-11-2015, 07:01 PM
It's a full on MotoGP bike with all the tech and build of a custom MotoGP machine. Hand welded frames, the engine is insane as is the suspension. Everything is no expense spared.

Wow there are some bitter folks on here it seems that other people who have the means can (and do) buy something like this.

My apology to all. I didn't mean to have my post come off that way. If someone wants something and can afford it, then that's great. I'll try to make future posts better. Once again, I wasn't trying to sound bitter. :icon_redface:

BIGLRY
07-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Sure, some people will buy them. Look at the prices that are on the Barret-Jackson auto auctions, for example. Some people have money just to waste! Or how about people paying hundred of thousands for some dead musicians guitar. Or tens of millions for a painting, Or a Team owner paying an athlete a 100 million contract. These people could do something much better with all their un-needed cash. JMHOPlease take no offence at this question...just curious, but are you a Democrat?:shrug:
And just so ya know I'm registered as an Independent with a slight tilt to the right in some of my veiws:icon_biggrin:

jm21ddd15
07-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Please take no offence at this question...just curious, but are you a Democrat?:shrug:
And just so ya know I'm registered as an Independent with a slight tilt to the right in some of my veiws:icon_biggrin:
No. not a democrat. Voted republican all my life. Always will. No offence taken.