PDA

View Full Version : What Impressed you first

seadog
07-10-2015, 07:01 AM
I know some will say the ride, the look, the power, the smoothness but being an old truck driver and this is my eighth motorcycle what really caught me by surprise other than the rest of the obvious benefits was the fact that I could back this bike up using the mirrors. I had never had one that I could use the mirrors to back it up. Just totally caught me by surprise. I was also surprise that it was miles ahead of my M109R Suzuki Boulevard in handling and just overall better in just about every category. A wonderful machine!

DaWadd
07-10-2015, 07:37 AM
I think it was the power and handling that sold me on this bike, not to mention the good looks.:yes:

bob109
07-10-2015, 07:56 AM
F6B.......Graceful, Sculpted Lines, Agile Performance and Handling:icon_wink:

53driver
07-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Like most males, I was attracted to the lines and curves at first.
Once we started dating, her overall performance sealed the deal.

Oh yeah, same for the F6B...:icon_mrgreen:

Ixol Phaane
07-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Like most males, I was attracted to the lines and curves at first.
Once we started dating, her overall performance sealed the deal.

Oh yeah, same for the F6B...:icon_mrgreen:

:lolup: That's funny!

Yep. It was her looks. Then her performance. :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
07-10-2015, 11:35 AM
I bought mine without a test ride. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the power, handling or reliability. It's a Honda.

I love fixed fairing bikes and the long, low, bagger style of this bike drew me in.

I tell everyone, "This isn't your father's Goldwing".

opas ride
07-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Just liked the smooth power delivery and the quickness, along with the Honda reputation for reliability.....

F6B1911
07-10-2015, 01:34 PM
I bought mine without a test ride. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the power, handling or reliability. It's a Honda.
I love fixed fairing bikes and the long, low, bagger style of this bike drew me in.
I tell everyone, "This isn't your father's Goldwing".

I bought mine without a test drive also, saw it, had to have it, bought it. The power and handling were better than I expected.

.... just hope I don't have the same thing happen when I see the BMW Concept 101 sitting in a dealer showroom.

racer
07-10-2015, 02:21 PM
THE STATS.

0-60 in 3.3 seconds, 11.84 in the 1/4 and it has bags and a radio!

woody
07-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Power delivery; mirrors and horn along with Honda's quality build.

BIGLRY
07-10-2015, 06:48 PM
I was very familiar with the power and smoothness of the flat 6 engine from my Runes and Honda's reliability & gobs of torque from my VTX1800, but what really sold me was when I sat in the saddle and realized my knees did not hit the faring like they do on a GL1800 and with just a few mods, saddle & bars I could make it fit me quite well and take over the jobs I had been asking my X and Rune to do, thus allowing me to have my torque monster in the X, a show stopper in the Rune and the type of cruiser I wanted for touring of which I found a little of both in the F6B. :icon_biggrin:

stroguy
07-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Like 53 it was that bullet shape. You just know it is a flyer. Like Bobby, I didn't bother with a test ride. I sat on her, raised my hands, closed my eyes and brought my hands down. They met the grips perfectly. That's my indicator of a great fitting bike. I did the same thing with my Yammy and it didn't disappoint.

opas ride
07-10-2015, 07:48 PM
I bought mine without a test drive also, saw it, had to have it, bought it. The power and handling were better than I expected.

.... just hope I don't have the same thing happen when I see the BMW Concept 101 sitting in a dealer showroom.

I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!!

BIGLRY
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!! :agree: 100%

F6B1911
07-11-2015, 06:03 AM
I also hope that the BMW Concept 101 does nothing for me if, and when, it comes to reality....Never had a BMW, but perhaps the future might change for me..It will take one "hell of a bike" though for me to trade my F6B on anything down the road!!

My Fast Black F6B is a keeper.
Wouldn't trade it for a BMW, but the Concept 101 would be a must have, just like the F6B. I've had more than one bike at a time, you can never have too many.
If you bought the F6B, you can't really dislike the Concept 101.
Some people here have shared their negative experiences with BMW, but I had a great run with a few R-80 / R100 bikes, one I rode for 29 years with nothing more than tires, batteries, and limited maintenance.

tinknocker
07-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Style caught my eye...brought me over from the v-twin thumpers.....with the first ride the power and torque impressed me....then I was impressed by how smooth she is.....as I rode her more and more I am impressed with the range of the power band.....then after riding her for a while and getting on my wife's bike 800 boulevard I am extremely impressed with the handling.....I used to really throw her bike around after getting off my ultra classic but when getting off the f6 I feel like I'm just learning to ride again her bike now handles like a pig.

cosborn
07-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Overall looks, that streamlined shape from the high front to the low back and the look of the engine with the rocker covers covering three pots each side.
Love @ first sight i'm afraid, and haven't been disappointed. I much prefer the overall design and looks of the F6 to the new BM.

Chris

Just my view

:yes:

JGF6B
07-11-2015, 04:01 PM
What made the F6B feel so different to me was the low center of gravity. Moving the bike side to side on the show room floor and then repeating on the Vaquero (typical V-twin center of gravity) was like night and day. That combined with knowing I was going to a smooth torquey 6 cyclinder instead of a rumbling V-twin and I was sold.

fl1madmax
07-13-2015, 07:40 AM
What made the F6B feel so different to me was the low center of gravity. Moving the bike side to side on the show room floor and then repeating on the Vaquero (typical V-twin center of gravity) was like night and day. That combined with knowing I was going to a smooth torquey 6 cyclinder instead of a rumbling V-twin and I was sold.

I was heading Home after 2 weeks of Riding in Cleveland Ga. so many cool roads NE Ga. anyhow F6B was on trailer at gas station when these Two men pulled in , they couldn't stop looking at my F6B, they stopped alongside my scooter and just Stared. One got out and with the old Georgia Growl said
What is that, I told him and he said with mouth full of Chew, Ya Know that's a Honda I could Swing my leg over !!!!!!
I thought my Wife was going to spit out her coffee....... I guess ya had to be there !!!!!!! Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!

stevenolts
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM

I think the F6B looks just as good as the BMW Concept 101!!!
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQHrorOg-jfTtGitap-D8L2tSo9kroN3bXSZ0cgw7AQgmpEZBF
Steve

I will keep telling myself that because I don't have any payments to make on the F6B.
I will go for a test ride as soon as they let me.

Retired Army
07-13-2015, 09:16 AM
What impressed me was the fact I had to give the throttle a twist to make sure the motor was running. F6B FOREVER!

Paul B Blues
07-14-2015, 01:56 PM
For me it was "Love at first sight" :icon_wink: I had seen pictures of the black F6B on the Honda USA website, and at the time they weren't planning to import the bike to the UK. I had told the Trike Shop to just import one for me because I just knew I wanted one. Luckily for me Honda decided to bring 40 "Standard, NO Deluxe" bikes to the UK, and I bagged the first one :icon_cool: I hadn't seen it in the flesh until it was delivered and sitting in my garage. No regrets, I love my bike :icon_wink:

Brian D
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Well get ready. Was at the bmw dealer sat and they said the concept 101 is coming. Don't test ride one cause you'll be trading up. Bmw just set the bar and they set it high

ths61
07-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Well get ready. Was at the bmw dealer sat and they said the concept 101 is coming. Don't test ride one cause you'll be trading up. Bmw just set the bar and they set it high

And I would assume the price tag will be equally as high !

Fla_rider
07-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Like most guys it was her rear end. It was perfect size that could handle a six pack in each side!:yikes:

First time I saw one I fell in love, mind you I had just bought a NC700x. 1 year later I succumbed to her sleek lines and her power.

ddoug
07-19-2015, 12:11 PM
My wife's ease of mounting and dis-mounting the rear seat ; with two knees and two hips replaced; she said buy it now!

shooter
07-19-2015, 12:43 PM
And I would assume the price tag will be equally as high !

Yeah , along with all the electrical issues and parts availability BMW is known for.

shooter
07-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Like most guys it was her rear end. It was perfect size that could handle a six pack in each side!:yikes:

First time I saw one I fell in love, mind you I had just bought a NC700x. 1 year later I succumbed to her sleek lines and her power.

+1 That big fat azz is what attracted me.

dickiedeals
07-19-2015, 02:17 PM
My attraction was my great desire to get off my piece of crap 2011 Road glide Ultra who had left me stranded in the middle of nowhere 4 times and Harley's reluctance to properly fix it under warranty.The bike I purchased because my 2007 Harley Ultra Classic also ran hot,went through 2 transmissions and a host of small problems..............Plus I wanted a bike that wouldn't BBQ my balls in traffic so I was leaning toward water cooled. When I tried to trade for the 2013 water cooled Harley.. Harley decided to penalize me $5000 below book value because the Road Glide had known breakdown issues. That was the straw that broke the Camels back. I quit Harley!
Having owned a Gold wing in the seventies used in part chasing to build my first Harley I remembered how smooth it had been...To me the Late model Gold wings are butt ugly,you sit to far forward and a host of other things I don't like. So when I spotted the Stripped down Wing The F6B I took one for a 100 mile test ride to see if I could live with it.....With top dollar offered me on trade in for the Harley and a really good purchase price the rest is history. I'm now an F6B rider and love it. My Harley Riding Buddies two of which own CVO's have gotten used to eating Honda Fumes and have stopped challenging me.... Life is good.............................Dickie

motozeke
07-19-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm a sport tourer through and through; my goal is to do 300-600 mile days on fun roads, in maximum comfort in all weather conditions, without getting left behind by my buddies. And I wanted to do it in style, on a mount that didn't leave me on my tippy-toes at every stop light. The only choices that came close were the F6B, the R1200RT and the K1600, and there was no way I was dropping $25K+ on twitchy BMW technology. And cruisers were out of the question for me--don't like the forward controls or potato-potato v-twins.

I chose well. No regrets. Less than $1K in upgrades from my Deluxe, and I have pretty much everything I want in a bike. The only thing left that I might do is a suspension upgrade; for all the griping about cruise control, it's the suspension that really was left wanting. After almost 20K miles on my 2013 that's literally the only item I would consider dropping any real cash on. Certainly not the exhaust, because I *appreciate* the quiet!

Bryster
07-19-2015, 04:23 PM
My wife's ease of mounting and dis-mounting the rear seat ; with two knees and two hips replaced; she said buy it now!

Right there! My wife went in for knee surgery the day I picked it up, but the week before a overwhelming 'buy it' was given..... Now it's 'you can buy a another toy to play with but you can't sell the F6!.....'

Yes ma'am!

:icon_biggrin:

maxrider
07-19-2015, 07:07 PM
After reading the previous 25 post you guys covered everything which was the reason(s) I went for it, without a test drive.

After 2 months and 8K miles still smiling, just LOVE this girl.

BIGLRY
07-19-2015, 08:00 PM
After reading the previous 25 post you guys covered everything which was the reason(s) I went for it, without a test drive.

After 2 months and 8K miles still smiling, just LOVE this girl.What Max........ you don't miss that X Greg sold ya...........:stirthepot::icon_lol:

Greg O
07-19-2015, 08:07 PM
I was looking to get back in the saddle after not riding for 4 years. 5 years ago I had a double fusion in my lower back. I tried to ride my Harley after I recovered from my back surgery but could only tolerate riding for about an hour without being in pain. So I sold my Electra Glide thinking I will never ride again. Moving forward to April. I seen a Geico commercial which had a F6B in it, which at the time I did not know what it was. So I did some research and found out it was a Goldwing F6B, did more research on this forum and found out that new 2013's could be bought for $13,000. So not knowing if I could ride without pain and reading what everyone said on this forum how smooth these bikes ride, I decided to take a chance. So back to the question, it was the looks first and that the Goldwing is the Cadillac of touring bikes is what made me purchase this bike. Also as someone else stated I did not want to throw down $25,000 to not know if I can ride anymore. Well I can ride this bike for a least 2 to 3 without getting off.

flat6bagger
07-19-2015, 08:09 PM
It was not a Harley want to be motorcycle.

Doug

BuzzzPhotos
07-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Yep, I couldn't find one when I decided I had to have it. Bought it in Ft Worth. And I didn't test drive either. Loved the look and knew it was the one for me. No regrets. I'd decided NEVER HD AGAIN even though the pier pressure from family was heavy. Now they admire my bike and my decision.

Just made it back from another 3,000+ mile ride. Stopped at a brother in laws in New Tazewell, Tennessee after riding thru pouring rain in the mountains. I parked in his personal Harley garage and not a one of his 5 bikes would start. I offered to let him ride mine but he declined. I love everything about my bike.