PDA

View Full Version : Air Hawk R

seadog
07-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I purchased the Air Hawk R to help with my discomfort on the stock seat. These old bones are giving me trouble. If I was 22 again I wouldn't have a problem but time is punishing me. At 66 year old things start to creak! The first run out on the air hawk wasn't disappointing. It actually did let me go 100 more miles without discomfort. But at 350 miles I was off kilter again so there was a definite improvement as usually 200 miles began my problems. I don't know if the $175 dollar price tag was worth the extra 100 miles but I did enjoy the ride more and wasn't in as much discomfort when it did catch up too me. So with 10 being excellent I would give it a 7 or 8 and anything that lets you stay on two wheels longer is a win in my estimate.:clap2:

F6B1911
07-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Where's the PICs?

seadog
07-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Where's the PICs?

Your just going to have to
Google it, my son stole my camera as his first born is having his first birthday party tomorrow they needed a camera they could load the pics on the PC with.

BIGLRY
07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Here is what a Air Hawk R looks like, I've had an Air Hawk2 for years and use it on OEM saddles when I'm waiting for my RDL to be made or if I have to ride a scoot that is not mine for any length of time. http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/attachments/the-bar/21981-tent-camping-motorcycle-airhwk-jpg

six2go
07-10-2015, 09:20 PM
I bought my Air Hawk R from a fellow forum member and it has made my stock seat feel pretty good. Just don't use too much air. I have found the most comfort is with so little inflation that it almost feels like no air is in it. Too much air will get pretty uncomfortable in a hurry.
I have put off getting any kind of custom seat because I find that the stock seat on the "6" is the best stock seat I've had on a bike in 56 yrs of riding.

seadog
07-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I fill the air bladder up full and put the 6 on the center stand and just sat on it and let air out of it until it felt good and your right on with there not being very much air in it when its comfortable the only thing I thought was poor was the fact they only sent 2 elastic straps with it. They must have figure one for the front and one for the back and on most motorcycles that would work but the seat on the 6 is so wide that it isn't quite long enough. You would have to stretch it to the max to get it to work. So I am going to buy a 3rd strap from them for the front and use the two straps on each corner in the back. It actually stayed in place the whole day with just the two straps on the rear corners, I had no trouble with it moving.

BIGLRY
07-10-2015, 09:38 PM
I bought my Air Hawk R from a fellow forum member and it has made my stock seat feel pretty good. Just don't use too much air.I have found the most comfort is with so little inflation that it almost feels like no air is in it. Too much air will get pretty uncomfortable in a hurry.
I have put off getting any kind of custom seat because I find that the stock seat on the "6" is the best stock seat I've had on a bike in 56 yrs of riding. +1

six2go
07-11-2015, 10:33 AM
I made my own "hold down" thingies using a couple of vinyl covered hooks from an old Bungee Net that I had lying around for the front and for the rear of the Air Hawk I made 2 elastic cords with plastic hooks. The elastic cords and plastic hooks were left over from the "hold down" kit that came with my Aerostich Sheepskin pad.