PDA

View Full Version : GUNS

dickiedeals
07-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30. 06 right in the doorway. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy
across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there,
right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly
hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my
surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in
the world.........Just Sayin.......................................Dickie

Vondawg
07-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes when not in the hands of a psychotic nut job, unstable individual or criminal they're just there intended for what you got it for.....funny you wouldn't know it from some reports.

ths61
07-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Sort of like this dirt bag and his supporters?

The San Fransisco city supervisors would not even look at the Kate Steinle's (murder victim) picture when questioned about her murder.

Too bad there weren't any CCW holders present when her murder went down. Maybe it would have ended differently.

http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/2015/07/08/780/438/oreilly_watters_070815.jpg

shooter
07-11-2015, 09:28 PM
You know Dickie years ago the late great Jeff Cooper offered a million dollars to the first person that proved a gun killed someone. As of yet there have been no takers.

Steve 0080
07-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Glock 43 on the way... getting to crazy for me !

BIGLRY
07-11-2015, 11:09 PM
http://theiowarepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Reagan-gun-control.jpg
http://www.owned.com/media/images/1/5/0/4/15047/if_guns_kill_people_540.jpg

F6B1911
07-12-2015, 06:40 AM

Congrats, dealer says they'll be allocated for quite a while, 26 will have to do until then.

troypennock
07-12-2015, 08:18 AM
on this topic
the dumbest man in Texas (maybe the US) is the Whattaburger manager that said "NO GUNS ALLOWED in our stores"
like the dummy before him, at Stabucks, his actual announcement was "hey crooks, I have stores with cash in them and all the people inside them are unarmed"
these guys are letting their egos kill poor kids, why can't they just shut-up

Wmorgan2k
07-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Yup it's getting real crazy out there. I agree guns don't kill people, people do and they don't even need guns to do it. I'm a CCW as well and I have it with me at all times. Nice part about FL they can post no guns signs but they don't have the force of law behind them. However if they find out (but they shouldn't if you carry properly) you do have to leave. I have a few carry's, Glock 19 with a cool clip on the slide, no holster needed and a bursa BP9CC that's awesome, even better than the Springfield XD IMHO. I also try to stay sharp at the local shooting club doing IDPA and USPSA matches. You just never know. Stay safe out there.

stroguy
07-12-2015, 05:32 PM
on this topic
the dumbest man in Texas (maybe the US) is the Whattaburger manager that said "NO GUNS ALLOWED in our stores"
like the dummy before him, at Stabucks, his actual announcement was "hey crooks, I have stores with cash in them and all the people inside them are unarmed"
these guys are letting their egos kill poor kids, why can't they just shut-up

Technically those stores asked for no open carry of long guns or open carry of any type in the Whattaburger. Whattaburger does not mind licensed concealed carry. I can respect this request since the over board open carry groups were going into Starbucks with AR's, shotguns, and rifles. Those are not the most efficient CQB weapons for the everyday patron of Starbucks. They were pushing their point to an extreme. It doesn't take a genius to realize that a store full of patrons with rifles and shotguns does not attract the everyday consumer. As such the business is hurt. TEXAS has specific rules for business owners on how to prevent ANY firearms on their premises. If they do not follow this rule then I as a CCW holder in this state walk right passed their futile 'no gun' sign. Go to any Progressive Insurance and you will see the legal sign. Go to any Chuckie Cheese and you will see the legal sign. PI is a die hard anti gun company as is CC, so they don't get my business.

Steve 0080
07-12-2015, 07:12 PM
"Go to any Progressive Insurance and you will see the legal sign. Go to any Chuckie Cheese and you will see the legal sign. PI is a die hard anti gun company as is CC, so they don't get my business."

Do some research..I believe you will find them to be "progressive as in far left and very far left owners !!!!!

53driver
07-12-2015, 07:19 PM
"Go to any Progressive Insurance and you will see the legal sign. Go to any Chuckie Cheese and you will see the legal sign. PI is a die hard anti gun company as is CC, so they don't get my business."

Do some research..I believe you will find them to be "progressive as in far left and very far left owners !!!!!

And USAA is subcontracting all their motorcycle insurance to PI.....sh*t.

stroguy
07-12-2015, 07:29 PM

You, you, you mean they might be worse than I had even known?

Edit.....aw shitowski......one lil Google search and I am ready to vomit my chicken dinner.

Bruce B
07-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm also a CCW holder and carry all the time because these days, you just never know. I don't question using my seat belt all the time or wearing proper riding gear all the time for the same reason. You just never know. My carry guns are a Kahr P380 and a S&W M&P .40 so I can carry the most gun appropriate for my attire at the time. In enjoy shooting but it's not a hobby so my shooting is mainly for proficiency. I urge all to do what you can to help preserve gun rights.

stroguy
07-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Cool beans Bruce, good words. I don't want to preserve gun rights. I want to beat the living crap, politically and legislatively, out of the liberal left that continues to use the government as a sounding horn that I as a law abiding citizen am irresponsible when it come to firearms. I have had my fill of ignorant turds that continue to vomit and spew their hatred for American citizens that want to exercise their Constitutional rights. I have not broken any laws and don't plan on it, so go suck on a claw hammer, it's the price you pay.

Phew that felt good, thanks Bruce.

Phantom
07-12-2015, 10:57 PM
S&W M&P .40

S&W M&P .40 ... shield ? :icon_cool::yes: I love the compact size of the shield, virtually the same size as my friends small 380

I also love BIG guns .... Barrett 50 cal :shhh: :Saweeet smilie: :shrug: just not the cost of $5 each pop

Bruce B
07-12-2015, 11:35 PM
S&W M&P .40 ... shield ? :icon_cool::yes: I love the compact size of the shield, virtually the same size as my friends small 380

I also love BIG guns .... Barrett 50 cal :shhh: :Saweeet smilie: :shrug: just not the cost of $5 each pop

Yes, It's the M&P Shield .40. Sorry for the omission. I might also add that my self defense guns all are equipped with the Crimson Trace laser sight except my full sized M&P .40 for the bedside which has a Streamlight blinding bright light /laser sight. I think the lasers are essential for shooting in haste and in the potential awkward positions that could be encountered in a self defense situation. And my 72 year old eyes aren't what they used to be either.

Go for it with that Barrett. That's got to be a real hoot. And a Barrett .50 at $5 a shot is better than wasting money.

dickiedeals
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Ok you guys compelled to talk about not just Concealed Carry but the Guns themselves. I'm a Glock-oholic and love my 41 gen 4 long slide. Its great for shooting IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association). IDPA is great for real world situation concealed carry proficiency. If you are going to carry you must practice and know how to use it. You can't go wrong with a glock, they shoot everything. Stomp-um into a mud puddle pick-um up and fire-um. My Glock's never malfunction after 10's of thousands of rounds. My Smith chokes on steel cases but not the Glock....... Learning to love my little Ruger LCP that also seems to shoot all kinds and brands. I'm sure there are many opinions out there..lol probably like discussing correct F6B motor oil......:stirthepot:........See you guys in Franklin.............Dickie

Bill1584
07-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Yes sir they are. I went straight to GEICO, at least it is friendly so far, and got my first non USAA policy of any kind in 30 years. I was fairly bothered by that.

shooter
07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.

Bill1584
07-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.

The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...

Elroy
07-13-2015, 10:15 AM

I can second your opinion on the XdS trigger. I've carried the XdS in .45 for years now and I love it. I know you can make the Glock's trigger better with some mods, but it's still butt-ugly :icon_wink: I love shooting 1911's too, they're such a joy. As far as carrying one though, I don't see the added advantage compared to my xds. Roughly the same number of rounds +/- a round, but with usually added bulk/weight in a 1911.

dickiedeals
07-13-2015, 10:55 AM
The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...

I was about to say that with just the slightest adjustment in trigger it makes a world of difference. When I was forced to carry Glock before retirement it took some time to get used to but once adapted I'm a changed man... When I was shooting competition before I retired I made quite a few 1911 guys weep. I have a 1911 myself that I carried cocked and locked a couple years but almost never shoot because after shooting Glock I don't do well with it... That being said I also own several other brands I take out and oil on occasion.. My true shooting love is Shotgun. Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet , and five stand....lol... To be honest with you between guns and motorcycles I'm realizing why I'm always broke.......................Dickie

shooter
07-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Amen on the hobbies Dickie.

stroguy
07-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I am now carrying the XDs9 and it is growing on me. The trigger is thick right now and I can compare it to a fresh G17 GEN3. I have carried a G17, a Kimber 1911 3", a SA 1911 5", A Walther PPQ, LCP, Sig 226 and SW 442. I can without doubt say that my G17 would be the first pistol I would choose if you told me I was fixin to be in a gunfight. I love the 1911 platform but from the standpoint of amount of ammo and reloads whether emergency or tactical it is slower than the Glock. The 1911 also takes much more practice at drawing correctly and utilizing the grip safety. Emergency failures on the 1911 are tougher to practice as well. I have the bloody knuckle scars to prove it. It takes work and dedication. Two of the worlds top 1911 shooters, trainers and builders, Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers both have the same conclusion that the G17 would be their choice if they could only choose one in an imminent gunfight. A Glock may be an ugly dog but when the shitniz hits the fan at Pizza Hut, I won't be there to win a beauty contest.

I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint

https://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg

shooter
07-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Stro I'm impressed and I don't impress easily. But I knew when we were kids that you was alright.

stroguy
07-13-2015, 01:57 PM
YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!

ths61
07-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I have a few Gen4's in different calibers (9mm, .40 and 10mm) and like the beaver tails. The G29 shoots .40's and 10mm with just a barrel swap (or the stock barrel if you are feeling lucky). I find the finger grooves to be made for small women's fingers and wish Glock would remove them. Glock's "sub-compacts" are about the only sub-compacts that hold the legal limit in the PRK in a standard magazine (10+1). Added night sights to all of them because the tritium battery virtually never wears out. :icon_wink:

Bill1584
07-13-2015, 02:04 PM
YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!

Perhaps others too.

Bill1584
07-13-2015, 02:09 PM
I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint

Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....

53driver
07-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Yes sir they are. I went straight to GEICO, at least it is friendly so far, and got my first non USAA policy of any kind in 30 years. I was fairly bothered by that.

I am exceedingly bothered by that. My first non-USAA insurance was my new house in Florida. "We don't accept risk like that." I'm 40 miles inland! And I'm on high ground! Where my driveway meets the street, I am looking OVER my neighbor's house, 2 houses away, down the hill.
I am becoming less and less amused with all their commercials and their lack of support.

So, my insurance is coming due. GEICO treating you alright?
Good to know.
Thanks.

shooter
07-13-2015, 02:17 PM
I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock. I have recommended them on more than one occasion. For those novices that think they have to have a semi I tell them that they can't beat a glock. Simple to use , durable and accurate. When asked about function I tell people that you can take a Glock out of the box and start shooting and still be shooting it next week. Probably without a failure. It is an impressive pistol and no doubt changed the whole game of semi autos.

Bill1584
07-13-2015, 02:28 PM
I am exceedingly bothered by that. My first non-USAA insurance was my new house in Florida. "We don't accept risk like that." I'm 40 miles inland! And I'm on high ground! Where my driveway meets the street, I am looking OVER my neighbor's house, 2 houses away, down the hill.
I am becoming less and less amused with all their commercials and their lack of support.

So, my insurance is coming due. GEICO treating you alright?
Good to know.
Thanks.

Yes, so far so good. Really I hope I never know how good they are, but the folks on the phone make it real clear that they LIKE writing MC policies. Rates are good too, from what little I know. A buddy of mine jumped ship from progressive a day or two after I got my policy, because when he saw mine and the rates, he also became fairly bothered....

I would not have predicted that USAA would withhold coverage from a member. I am not a service veteran, but they treat me as if I were. Hell, I guess I inherited the privilege, so why not. They paid an Ike claim in a week, and their adjuster pointed out structural problems I had not recognized. Man I am sorry to hear this. Maybe I need to do some kind of insurance audit in the next year or so.

53driver
07-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Glock. :icon_cool:

stroguy
07-13-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock.

Not at all brother. I shoot on Thursdays with some bad azz mofo's and their 1911's. I can hold my own with other experienced 1911 shooters when I am wielding one. But the 1911 is a must practice and pay attention to what you are doing if you plan on using it in CQB. I have snatched my SA on more than one occasion and was off that grip safety by a half inch and that cost me. Yep, Glock is ready to fire out of the box. But a Glock requires it's own detail to attention. Trigger finger discipline is first. The key we will all agree is practice, practice, practice. Choose what feels right, but practice. I have turned many a gun buyer off because they cannot commit to practice. You don't need that venomous snake in your house around your kids if you don't respect it and practice.

stroguy
07-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....

Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?

Hornblower
07-13-2015, 05:43 PM

All this talk about 1911's...here's mine:

All I've had done is Hogue grips, night sights, custom backstrap and magazine well, and a 3.5 lb trigger job. It's pretty nice now, to say the least.

53driver
07-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?

Hmmm....what Gen?

stroguy
07-13-2015, 05:55 PM
It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.

Ken, SIG makes sweet 1911's. Love the grip.

53driver
07-13-2015, 06:30 PM
It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.

We need to chat....

shooter
07-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Make him a deal on that Glock Stro. You have too many as it is. I recently cut back on the 1911's trying to be more realistic about how many I might need. I'm down to 2 Sigs , a Super Target and a Nitron Carry. Two Kimbers , a Stainless Ultra 2 and a Super Carry Ultra. One S&W a 3 inch Scandium. I had 11 of them so I'm doing better. If you guys want a good 1911 and don't want to pay that Kimber price the Sig is a fantastic gun. Depending on models it can be had for less than $800. All models have match target barrels and I've found them to be super accurate.

stroguy
07-13-2015, 08:43 PM
There may be a few restrictions we would have to get through to get Steve that Glock. But in mid thought enjoy this 1911 shooting. We could work on her grip and reloading but she sends home the point of how good a 1911 can be.

http://youtu.be/1oWL0utYqhA

53driver
07-13-2015, 09:30 PM
Totally match grade, extended Bomar front sight, 3.9999lb trigger, makes no noise when shaken with the slide back, makes a vacuum like sound when the slide goes home.

Slide and receiver given to my wife by Caspian after she won at Camp Perry.
Then given to the USMC Pistol Team Pistol Smith for final assembly.
After trying out the weapon, the USMC Team ordered 10 slides & receivers from Caspian.
Set up for 185 grain wadcutter rounds.
In her hand (yes, single handed), the thing drives tacks at 25 yards.

Deer Slayer
07-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30. 06 right in the doorway. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy
across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there,
right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly
hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my
surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in
the world.........Just Sayin.......................................Dickie

I vote lazy gun.:067:

Steve 0080
07-13-2015, 11:58 PM
I pick up my glock 43 this Thursday ... it should be a nice weapon,,,,,my favorite Glock was my Glock 18, carried one daily for years, her name was FANG, fully automatic nuclear glock...sadly when I retired they wanted her back...I am still sad !!!!!:icon_frown:

stroguy
07-14-2015, 04:43 AM
You will enjoy that 43 Steve.

The one of the few Thursday night defensive handgun classes I missed our resident NFA dealer brought his 18 as well as a briefcase mounted MP5. My classmates truly enjoyed rubbing it in how I missed the bestest of nights in class.

Steve 0080
07-14-2015, 10:44 AM
I also had a MP5 issued as a entry weapon on our SWAT Team...both were VERY nice !!!:clap2:

53driver
07-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Totally match grade, extended Bomar front sight, 3.9999lb trigger, makes no noise when shaken with the slide back, makes a vacuum like sound when the slide goes home.

Slide and receiver given to my wife by Caspian after she won at Camp Perry.
Then given to the USMC Pistol Team Pistol Smith for final assembly.
After trying out the weapon, the USMC Team ordered 10 slides & receivers from Caspian.
Set up for 185 grain wadcutter rounds.
In her hand (yes, single handed), the thing drives tacks at 25 yards.

Our match .45s:

Hers:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHis:
15233aaaaaaaaaaa15234

shooter
07-14-2015, 12:17 PM
I vote lazy gun.:067:

I think my gun could have found something to shoot out of all that. My gun is kinda pissy.

shooter
07-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I like the Bomar rail. I have one on a 38 match that was given to me by a dear friend. A former US Marshall he used it for 10 years. Still a great gun. What kind of finish is that on the bottom gun 53?

stroguy
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Nice pistolas Steve. As usual the wife is sexier. How is the .45 recoil on that XD?

I abandoned all semi auto calibers except 9MM. Just concentrate on managing 9's for recoil and consistency. I have a couple pocket pistols in .380 for when I wear gym shorts. Other than that it's wheel guns in a couple calibers. The queen of the safe is a sweet 6" Colt Python. The best revolver ever made imo.

shooter
07-14-2015, 08:45 PM
I knew you was a revolver guy. Safe Safe Safe. You want a sure thing. Did I tell you I bought a new 340 PD a few years ago for my dad. Took him out to shoot it. 3rd shot , wadcutters , it locked up. Something broke inside. Had to send it in with 2 live rounds. Nothing is for sure. By the way , I love S&W revolvers. That Python is nice also. Just messin with ya.

oldguy2
07-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Evening Stroguy et al .Have an XDs in 45 that has snappy recoil but my XD 45 and S&W 645 are very relaxing to plink with.May have to get on the 9 bandwagon but old school thought was to weigh opposition down with lead and solve problem at your leisure..

stroguy
07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Hello oldguy. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I have never fired a .40 but from all accounts that is the term all use for it....snappy. I have shot plenty of .45 and 10MM with the .45 being no problem and the 10MM being a beast. But carrying a 10MM during hiking or fishing adventures is becoming common practice. It is a formidable slug and especially if using a hot load from Buffalo Bore there aren't to many animals in North America that can stand up to a Glock mag full of 10MM.

stroguy
07-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Wow shooter. What was the diagnosis on that 340?

shooter
07-15-2015, 04:16 PM
The little pawl that turns the cylinder was defective. I knew the cylinder was a little tight but chocked it up to being new. S&W was very nice about it. Fixed it. They asked me what they could do for me. They did a trigger job on the 340 and I had a model 36 with a scratch on the cylinder. They put a new cylinder on at no charge. 5 day turn around on the 340. 6 days on the 36. I have owned more than a hundred of their guns. Got a little back on that one.

stroguy
07-15-2015, 04:19 PM
I know the pawl. I had a Model 29 in the 80's that had the same issue. Didn't totally fail but didn't do what it was supposed to.

Steve 0080
07-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Picked up a third mag here.......http://www.glockmeister.com

GNW
07-17-2015, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RABZq5IoaQ?feature=player_embedded

Steve 0080
07-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Passed the course...38/40... Federal Certificate in hand..... I will not be going to the movie W/O my pistola....

shooter
07-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Yeah that's the thing Steve. I keep waiting for it to happen. I couldn't believe nobody in Colorado had a gun. I know you aren't supposed to carry , if it's concealed properly no body is the wiser. During the week I pocket carry in a DeSantis pocket holster. XDs in 45 ACP. We go to the city a couple times a month. On the left ankle I carry a Kimber Super Carry with an 8 shot clip and 1 up the pipe. 230 grain Hydra Shok and on the right ankle 2 extra mags. Right rear pocket has a Seecamp with 7rounds of Hydra Shok. Call me paranoid but I refuse to be a victim. I'm betting there will be a lot more firearms in movie theaters shortly. Hopefully some azzhole gets his comeuppance.

Steve 0080
03-07-2017, 11:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6IAvxsN7tc

53driver
03-08-2017, 08:30 AM
That's just not cool, not "safe" :yikes: and as you said, a waste.
Too much disposable income....

seadog
03-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Ruger 5.56 Nato with a bunch of 30 round clips. That will get the job at hand done! I'm not a war monger but still like to be prepared for the worst even though it might not be needed at the time. We all know, times change!

Sorcerer
03-08-2017, 09:30 AM
If you own a motorcycle or 2,3 you have to much disposable income.🙉🙊🙈

53driver
03-08-2017, 09:46 AM
If you own a motorcycle or 2,3 you have too much disposable income.

If it's my primary source of transportation, is it still too much?
Cost less than my wife's sedan...

Chas
03-08-2017, 11:33 AM

Steve, I have one now and you will love it! Easy to conceal and works very well. Enjoy.

Sorcerer
03-08-2017, 12:16 PM
If it's my primary source of transportation, is it still too much?
Cost less than my wife's sedan...

Regardless if it is your primary mode of transportation it is still listed as a recreational vehicle. Now if you were riding a small cc bike/ scooter for your main mode now you'd be a greenie. Now if you figure in vehicle deprecniation on a F6B.🙀

Chas
03-11-2017, 05:39 PM
There may be a few restrictions we would have to get through to get Steve that Glock. But in mid thought enjoy this 1911 shooting. We could work on her grip and reloading but she sends home the point of how good a 1911 can be.

http://youtu.be/1oWL0utYqhA

That is true, but targets don't shoot back or take cover or ambush you. Not putting down her skill, but real world, ass on the line shooting is a different cow (of many colors). As with any vet who has gone into combat, when the other side is trying their best kill you and you them. You personal world sure changes in a hurry. Again, congrats on her skill, just hope it holds up under return fire. Nuff said on my part. Sorry to orate so much on it.

aquamark
05-20-2017, 06:00 PM

That is why I use Geico for all the m/c.

motozeke
05-29-2017, 10:00 AM
http://theiowarepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Reagan-gun-control.jpg
http://www.owned.com/media/images/1/5/0/4/15047/if_guns_kill_people_540.jpg

Reagan supported the Brady Bill, which the NRA opposed. I personally strongly support the right of citizens to own guns (I own one myself, have since the LA Riots in the 90s), but I would be in favor not just of background checks but of mandatory safety training in whatever class of gun you're attempting to purchase--be it handgun, rifle, or shotgun. I further strongly oppose high-capacity magazines, whose sole purpose is military in nature.

For all the bedwetting about "they're coming for our GUNZ BOYS!" the reality is that most of us support sensible restrictions.

And I'd love to have ONE of you step forward and tell me how Obama took your gun away. After all, he had 8 years to do so.

Hornblower
05-29-2017, 10:25 AM
And I'd love to have ONE of you step forward and tell me how Obama took your gun away. After all, he had 8 years to do so.

For sure, it wasn't for the lack of trying :icon_frown:

tiltingf6b
05-29-2017, 04:37 PM
You know Dickie years ago the late great Jeff Cooper offered a million dollars to the first person that proved a gun killed someone. As of yet there have been no takers.

Truth be known there have been a few guns which chambered a round and the chamber failed - the resulting backfire and shrapnel to the face of the shooter resulted in death. So yes, a poorly designed or maintained gun or ammo can kill someone. semantics, is just a game, firearms are forreal. You preach to the choir. humor intended.

ths61
05-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Reagan supported the Brady Bill, which the NRA opposed. ....

Governor Reagan also signed the Mulford Act in 1967 which made it illegal to carry loaded firearms in public. It is also illegal to conceal carry in the Reagan library (where the "Friends of the NRA" have their meetings to discuss their alleged 2A rights versus practicing them). Reagan wasn't as pro-2A as many make him out to be (nor is the NRA, the NRA is interested in itself).

I support standard capacity magazines (not banning them). It took over 400 rounds to take down just 2 San Bernardino terrorists. What good is 6 or 7 rounds when there are multiple bad guys, or even one for that matter. An Atlanta Georgia mother put 5 rounds of .38 into an intruder's chest at point blank range. The guy walked out of the house, got in his vehicle and drove away. What if there were 2 home invaders?

As for training, California requires every purchaser to pay for and pass a safety test for any type of firearm purchase, pistol or long gun. They also have to pass a manipulation/operation test at the time of delivery. They also make you wait 10 days to pick up your new purchase, even if you already have hundreds of registered guns. For some reason, California thinks the 201st gun is going to do something wrong within those first 10 days of purgatory.

California will require ammunition purchasing licensing soon. If you want to buy ammo, you will have to buy a license first. What other Constitutional Rights do you have to buy every couple of years ?

As for BHO, he has appointed over 600 judges nationwide. 329 of the Federal judge appointments (40 percent of the entire federal judiciary) are lifetime appointments. BHO's appointees have shifted control of the appeals courts to nine of the 13 circuits to do his bidding well after he has left office. He did not have to sign any direct anti-gun bills because his judges are doing it for him.

States like California will ramrod unconstitutional anti-2A laws through which take big $$$ (enjoyed by the "players") and years to challenge in courts and then the "hand picked" appeals courts uphold the unconstitutional anti-2A laws. Other blue states will adopt California's anti-2A practices purely because California does it, not that it makes sense or is Constitutional. BHO played the long game and has stacked the deck in his favor.

As for the judges, many of them do not understand what they are ruling on, they are ruling based on political agendas and personal biases, not law. If I had my way, each judge MUST BE TRAINED on firearms before they can make any rulings about them. A recent attorney (from the landmark Heller versus DC case) just argued in front of the 13th Circus Court that the California's mandatory safety certificate teachings directly invalidates the "Safe Handgun Roster's" California specific manufacturer requirements, thus their punitive requirements imposed on manufacturers should be discarded (along with the hand gun roster ban/extortion scheme). It will be interesting to see how the leftist judges reconcile that the safety certificate rules mandate that the gun owner should ALWAYS ignore California's costly mandates on manufacturers.

BHO has also tried to institute gun control through the UN. Giving foreign countries control over American citizens.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/15/un-arms-trade-treaty-gives-away-rights-of-american/

samwisekoi
05-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Reagan pretty much HAD to support the Brady bill. Brady took a bullet for him.

Reagan supported the Brady Bill, which the NRA opposed. I personally strongly support the right of citizens to own guns (I own one myself, have since the LA Riots in the 90s), but I would be in favor not just of background checks but of mandatory safety training in whatever class of gun you're attempting to purchase--be it handgun, rifle, or shotgun. I further strongly oppose high-capacity magazines, whose sole purpose is military in nature.

For all the bedwetting about "they're coming for our GUNZ BOYS!" the reality is that most of us support sensible restrictions.

Davidk
05-30-2017, 10:53 PM
Governor Reagan also signed the Mulford Act in 1967 which made it illegal to carry loaded firearms in public. It is also illegal to conceal carry in the Reagan library (where the "Friends of the NRA" have their meetings to discuss their alleged 2A rights versus practicing them). Reagan wasn't as pro-2A as many make him out to be (nor is the NRA, the NRA is interested in itself).

I support standard capacity magazines (not banning them). It took over 400 rounds to take down just 2 San Bernardino terrorists. What good is 6 or 7 rounds when there are multiple bad guys, or even one for that matter. An Atlanta Georgia mother put 5 rounds of .38 into an intruder's chest at point blank range. The guy walked out of the house, got in his vehicle and drove away. What if there were 2 home invaders?

As for training, California requires every purchaser to pay for and pass a safety test for any type of firearm purchase, pistol or long gun. They also have to pass a manipulation/operation test at the time of delivery. They also make you wait 10 days to pick up your new purchase, even if you already have hundreds of registered guns. For some reason, California thinks the 201st gun is going to do something wrong within those first 10 days of purgatory.

California will require ammunition purchasing licensing soon. If you want to buy ammo, you will have to buy a license first. What other Constitutional Rights do you have to buy every couple of years ?

As for BHO, he has appointed over 600 judges nationwide. 329 of the Federal judge appointments (40 percent of the entire federal judiciary) are lifetime appointments. BHO's appointees have shifted control of the appeals courts to nine of the 13 circuits to do his bidding well after he has left office. He did not have to sign any direct anti-gun bills because his judges are doing it for him.

States like California will ramrod unconstitutional anti-2A laws through which take big $$$ (enjoyed by the "players") and years to challenge in courts and then the "hand picked" appeals courts uphold the unconstitutional anti-2A laws. Other blue states will adopt California's anti-2A practices purely because California does it, not that it makes sense or is Constitutional. BHO played the long game and has stacked the deck in his favor.

As for the judges, many of them do not understand what they are ruling on, they are ruling based on political agendas and personal biases, not law. If I had my way, each judge MUST BE TRAINED on firearms before they can make any rulings about them. A recent attorney (from the landmark Heller versus DC case) just argued in front of the 13th Circus Court that the California's mandatory safety certificate teachings directly invalidates the "Safe Handgun Roster's" California specific manufacturer requirements, thus their punitive requirements imposed on manufacturers should be discarded (along with the hand gun roster ban/extortion scheme). It will be interesting to see how the leftist judges reconcile that the safety certificate rules mandate that the gun owner should ALWAYS ignore California's costly mandates on manufacturers.

BHO has also tried to institute gun control through the UN. Giving foreign countries control over American citizens.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/15/un-arms-trade-treaty-gives-away-rights-of-american/

Great post. Too bad FUDs like motozeke will never truly comprehend it, nor the folly of his words and actions.

Bob Penn
05-31-2017, 08:56 AM
Whenever I hear the gun control people talking, I like to ask Why our forefathers sitting down and drawing up the constitution thought that the freedom of speech was the most important amendment and the right to own and bare arms was the second most important. Don't they think that maybe the forefathers thought the second was the guarantee to be able to enforce the first.
Whenever I hear about restrictions such as clip capacity etc. I have to ask, do you think a restriction weakened civilian population can defend against a superior armed corrupt government? Isn't that the very purpose of the constitution? Afterall our forefather had just won a revolution against a government that had been corrupted by a self serving president (opps) I mean King.

Over the years we have had plenty of laws passed against murder and other crimes of discontent. But laws only work after the fact.

For centuries people have been killing people. First they probably used rocks, then knives, swords, guns and lately bombs and vehicles. No amount of restrictions will stop it. There is always some kind of a tool or way to do the job. Restrictions only prevent the majority from fairly enforcing the laws.

While I'm on my soap box. The middle east today shows millions running away from thousands! I have to ask WHY!!!

Davidk
06-01-2017, 07:55 AM
Government is the biggest threat to people.

A Little Gun History Lesson

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---------------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated..
----------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964.. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated..
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and! exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defensele! ss people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their gu! ns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The ! next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns.............We Are 'Citizens'.
Without Them........We Are 'Subjects'.
-------------------------------------

During W.W. II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED !

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attache to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in! the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.
-----------------------

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

ths61
06-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Great history lesson DavidK.

Another history gem.

Guess where the inspiration of the U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968 came from ?

No, not educated personal protection, firearm and hunter safety studies, but none other than the Nazi war criminal Nuremberg, Germany Trials of 1945-46.

Can you say history repeats itself ?

http://jpfo.org/images02/gatway.gif

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm