PDA

View Full Version : Kury drop mini boards

Greg O
07-12-2015, 11:10 AM
How many of you guys out there have them. How do you like them verses the pegs, and is it easier to get your foot under the shifter. Does it create more leg room. Is it worth the 100 bucks they cost.

bobbyf6b
07-12-2015, 11:21 AM
They do all of the above but for some reason the angle of my foot and leg made my back hurt. I switched back to stock and I'm fine now. You will just have to try them.

Texas TC
07-12-2015, 11:27 AM
I have had them over a year and like them. More comfortable than pegs. Gives more legroom. A little harder to get a boot under the shifter in the horizontal position but can be adjusted forward if you like. Will get into the pavement with aggressive cornering but so will the pegs. Gives you a better leg angle if you, like myself, desire. I think they were worth the price.

stroguy
07-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Love mine. I have them all the way back. The drop makes it easier to shift fursure.

coffee_weasle
07-13-2015, 09:48 AM
i had the mini-boards on, didn't like them, bought the Kinetic pegs for the "comfort drop" mounts

so i get 3/4 " lower peg, i like them that way, although i drag the hell out of them, especially through the beartooth pass

Elroy
07-13-2015, 10:22 AM
How many of you guys out there have them. How do you like them verses the pegs, and is it easier to get your foot under the shifter. Does it create more leg room. Is it worth the 100 bucks they cost.
I like mine well enough. Did not ride with the stock pegs for long so not sure I can speak accurately to the additional leg room. The day I rode it home I inadvertently downshifted as I didn't know my foot was resting on the shifter. So I find it is easier to up-shift, but it is still not without maneuvering your foot. With the mini boards tilted forward like I have them, the outside of my boot will scrap before the boards themselves, can be pretty alarming when not prepared.

They do all of the above but for some reason the angle of my foot and leg made my back hurt. I switched back to stock and I'm fine now. You will just have to try them.
Interesting Bobby, I just got back from a trip riding from OH to NC and back and had a pretty wicked pain in the middle of my back by the end of the trip. Got me wondering if that was why I ached....

i had the mini-boards on, didn't like them, bought the Kinetic pegs for the "comfort drop" mounts

so i get 3/4 " lower peg, i like them that way, although i drag the hell out of them, especially through the beartooth pass
Good idea Weasle....I may try out pegs on the comfort drops instead of the boards. Do your boots drag at all, or is it exclusively the pegs?

Blackedout2014
07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
I have had them over a year and like them. More comfortable than pegs. Gives more legroom. A little harder to get a boot under the shifter in the horizontal position but can be adjusted forward if you like. Will get into the pavement with aggressive cornering but so will the pegs. Gives you a better leg angle if you, like myself, desire. I think they were worth the price.

Ditto agree. Best mini floor boards and they can be adjusted !!!!

coffee_weasle
07-13-2015, 03:45 PM
I like mine well enough. Did not ride with the stock pegs for long so not sure I can speak accurately to the additional leg room. The day I rode it home I inadvertently downshifted as I didn't know my foot was resting on the shifter. So I find it is easier to up-shift, but it is still not without maneuvering your foot. With the mini boards tilted forward like I have them, the outside of my boot will scrap before the boards themselves, can be pretty alarming when not prepared.

Interesting Bobby, I just got back from a trip riding from OH to NC and back and had a pretty wicked pain in the middle of my back by the end of the trip. Got me wondering if that was why I ached....

Good idea Weasle....I may try out pegs on the comfort drops instead of the boards. Do your boots drag at all, or is it exclusively the pegs?

lol, i've drug both feet and pegs, it's kind of a rush now, at first it was "what-the-hell"

ReserveBum
07-13-2015, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=Elroy;87609]I like mine well enough. Did not ride with the stock pegs for long so not sure I can speak accurately to the additional leg room. The day I rode it home I inadvertently downshifted as I didn't know my foot was resting on the shifter. So I find it is easier to up-shift, but it is still not without maneuvering your foot. With the mini boards tilted forward like I have them, the outside of my boot will scrap before the boards themselves, can be pretty alarming when not prepared.

Yes, ditto Elroy. With the left side tilted forward one detent so I can more easily get my toe in.....the toe may touch on a tight left. Yes again to the "very alarming". But I still like them for the versatility, just have to make and remember that mental note

Greg O
07-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Well you guys talked me in to it, just ordered the Black mini boards with the drop from Amazon they were the cheapest around at $93.00.

stroguy
07-15-2015, 02:54 PM
No cowboy boots!

Ryleyboy
07-17-2015, 06:05 PM

I have the mini boards installed on my 2015 F6B since I bought it one month ago. Have ridden 3500 Kilometers with them and like them more than the pegs. I had full boards on my Nomad so I changed the pegs out right away. I had to rotate the shifter board to allow my foot to get under the shifter better.

Greg O
07-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Mini boards are installed took literally 10 minutes to put them on and an hour to get them adjusted how I like them. I have the shifter side tilted forward a click.

CarolinaRider
07-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Same for me on the position of the left shifter side. Also if you step on your pegs to get on the bike, I used to occasionally to make it easier to get my right leg over my drivers backrest, dont do it. The rubber insert will twist as you do and they will come out. I had to have my leftside replaced under warranty for this reason.

Greg O
07-21-2015, 01:23 PM
I also had to move the left board to be able to get my size 11 1/2 foot under the shifter. So 1 board right side is in center hole and the other left side board is in the front hole, looks a little odd, but seems to fit good now though.

watertowerman
07-25-2015, 09:54 PM
I had them on but toes did not fit under the shifter with my size 14 steel toe boots, I will be posting them for sale.

stroguy
07-25-2015, 10:48 PM
And you did try them all the way back?