PDA

View Full Version : Devils Highway

Westernbiker
07-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Took a little trip this past week. Left on Wednesday and rode old highway 666 know as The Devils Highway. It was a great ride, got a little wet but that's all a part of it. Here is an article I found the tells the tale well. Enjoy.

http://excessivelocity.blogspot.com/2009/05/arizona-191-old-666-devils-highway.html

Steve 0080
07-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks for sharing !!!

chipmaker
07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Did you do it all at once or break up the trip into days?

coffee_weasle
07-13-2015, 03:38 PM
very cool pics, i've been on that road, a great ride that turns into an oven at morenci

bobbyf6b
07-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Nice! My wife and I rode it two weeks ago. We got wet halfway up too. Still my favorite road.

Westernbiker
07-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Did you do it all at once or break up the trip into days?

Rode from north Phoenix through Globe and onto Safford you turn north and go through Clifton and Morenci. Then on the way up to Hannigan Meadow we had to pull over and put on rain gear, got a little wet but no biggie. We stopped at the Hannigan Meadow Lodge then on up to Alpine where we had a room for the night. It was a beautiful ride and beautiful country.
Next day was a wet ride into Greer and then on to Show Low. Had to pull over once the rain got so bad couldn't see. From Show Low we went on to Heber/Overgard where we had a room for a second night. Had some GREAT Mexican food that night and I paid for it ALL the next day! LOL!
We had a great time, it was nice to get out of the heat for a few days.

I have done the whole loop before in one day it's about 640 miles round trip.

Westernbiker
07-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Nice! My wife and I rode it two weeks ago. We got wet halfway up too. Still my favorite road.

Yeah Bobby it is a GREAT ride!