PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie and F6B

frhoads
07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Do any of you own both bikes?

I have had the 2013 F6B for two weeks, and simply love it. As you all know, the amazing balance and power is unparalleled.

But the Valkyrie seems amazing as well.

Is there enough difference between the two machines to justify having one of each? 'angel'

typhoon186
07-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Do any of you own both bikes?

I have had the 2013 F6B for two weeks, and simply love it. As you all know, the amazing balance and power is unparalleled.

But the Valkyrie seems amazing as well.

Is there enough difference between the two machines to justify having one of each? 'angel'

Valkyrie is 150 lbs lighter but gives up the bags and windshield.
Valkyrie has bigger and better brakes, wheels and tires are more sport bike oriented and so is the suspension. Not as soft on the bumps as the F6B but can get a little more aggressive in the twisties. F6B for the long haul and F6C for cruising around short runs but they overlap considerably.
I'm sure you can find a way to justify both.

One bike is never enough but I would think a second bike should be completely different from the first.

Madmax
07-14-2015, 12:42 PM
My buddy bought a Valkyrie around the same time I bought my first F6B , I had plenty of seat time on the F6C and was not impressed . They look really cool and love the concept but who need a heavy standard . They handle ok for what the bike is , I see most guys putting saddle bags and windshields and then they trade the bike on a F6B ... LOL
I had a hard time keeping my buddy off my F6B , I said trade that valkyrie on a F6B , he was lucky enough to trade before they started to pile up at the dealerships .
They are bikes you can tape money to and I'm still not interested . They should have taken notes from Suzuki in 2008 they built a bike called the B-King ... I know I bought one in 2011 new left over for $7200 dollars ... Nake Stupid Fast Busa ... especially after Mr.Turbo ... LOL
That bike also served no purpose but atleast it was fun at the track .

Joe333x
07-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I hope that in the coming years the f6b and f6c turn into one model with different packages. I like everything the f6b offers but hate the look of the front end and seat. The f6c looks sweet but doesn't offer much over that. I wish they would produce a new Valkyrie Interstate, that would be perfect.

shooter
07-14-2015, 08:58 PM
I like the Valkyrie. If I didn't have a passenger 90% of the time I would own one.

vmaxed
07-15-2015, 07:46 AM
I wish they would produce a new Valkyrie Interstate, that would be perfect.

They do...it is a Goldwing :icon_lol:

Joe333x
07-15-2015, 04:12 PM
They do...it is a Goldwing :icon_lol:

Lol I knew someone would say that but they made the valkyrie interstate and goldwing at the same time since theres a clear difference between the two, the valkyrie interstate looking more like a cruiser than a touring bike not to mention how much cooler a valkyrie interstate looks compared to a goldwing, the front end of the f6b and wing is just so ugly lol and I really do want to buy and f6b but im even thinking about a used valkyrie interstate also. If they would make a front fairing for the valk that went around the single headlight like the one on the old interstate and added the corbin bags it would be perfect. I'll probably just hold out to see what comes out next year.

typhoon186
07-17-2015, 07:08 AM
The idea behind the new Valkyrie was to try and lure some more mature sport bike riders over to the GL1800 lineup so they made it more sporty. Sounds like a good idea on paper since Honda can make more money on a GL1800 than a CBR. But it didn't go as well as planned. The MSRP on the Valkyrie was a little to much for the majority of sport bike riders and most middle aged sport bike riders are pretty determined not to grow old and move to a cruiser. Most of the younger one's cant afford a big cruiser. And so, the volume of sales was disappointing for Honda and they really had to drop their OTD prices to move the 2014's....OTD like $12,500 for a bike that had a MSRP of $18,000. So there are some really good deals out there for a sporty GL1800.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/0-60n4/Valkyrie/IMG_2038_zpsq5fypmbt.jpg (http://s236.photobucket.com/user/0-60n4/media/Valkyrie/IMG_2038_zpsq5fypmbt.jpg.html)

Joe333x
07-17-2015, 08:27 AM
The idea behind the new Valkyrie was to try and lure some more mature sport bike riders over to the GL1800 lineup so they made it more sporty. Sounds like a good idea on paper since Honda can make more money on a GL1800 than a CBR. But it didn't go as well as planned. The MSRP on the Valkyrie was a little to much for the majority of sport bike riders and most middle aged sport bike riders are pretty determined not to grow old and move to a cruiser. Most of the younger one's cant afford a big cruiser. And so, the volume of sales was disappointing for Honda and they really had to drop their OTD prices to move the 2014's....OTD like $12,500 for a bike that had a MSRP of $18,000. So there are some really good deals out there for a sporty GL1800.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/0-60n4/Valkyrie/IMG_2038_zpsq5fypmbt.jpg (http://s236.photobucket.com/user/0-60n4/media/Valkyrie/IMG_2038_zpsq5fypmbt.jpg.html)

Yea it was a good idea on paper but I think it would have done much better if they kept the same design as the original valkyrie and just put a 1800 in it. If they did that I would have bought one already. Instead its trying to decide bewteen an f6b or a used wing and remove the rear seat. I currently own a sport bike and getting a valkyrie in its current state just isnt enough of a comfort difference to justify it since im looking for a comfortable ride with storage.

Dfinkelsteinmd
07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Yea it was a good idea on paper but I think it would have done much better if they kept the same design as the original valkyrie and just put a 1800 in it. If they did that I would have bought one already. Instead its trying to decide bewteen an f6b or a used wing and remove the rear seat. I currently own a sport bike and getting a valkyrie in its current state just isnt enough of a comfort difference to justify it since im looking for a comfortable ride with storage.

I agree that the front end of the F6B is ugly--like they used to say about French ladies you approached from behind, but this pic of the F6C with fairing and pipes is just fantastic. Where do I find that fairing or is is purely custom? Looks like Remus pipes? Great job!

typhoon186
07-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Thanks. I've pieced it together. The fairing (or winds screen really) is a Vario universal naked sport bike wind screen. I took a chance and it fit up perfectly. The little air deflector on top is adjustable and really eliminates head buffeting as advertised. The mufflers are by Delkevic. They are supposed to have a slip-on kit in production but I think it has been delayed a bit. So I removed my cats and made my own cat delete and connections for the mufflers. Sounds great but not too loud. A few other weight loss modifications also done and she tips the scales at about 675 lbs with low fuel.