PDA

View Full Version : Brakeaway Cruise control w/heated grips

Canuck_Doug
07-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Just installed Brakeaway's 6CP03 cruise control on my 2013 F6B with heated grips. Although Brakeaway clearly states they don't support heated grip installs, I don't see an issue unless you are prone to using cruise control at full throttle. At full throttle, the power cable to the grips just touches the Brakeaway unit, but it didn't cause any issues in my case.
Regardless, I won't be engaging cruise control at full throttle so it's not an issue for me.
Overall, the system works great and blends into the bike aesthetically. It is a little pricey, but the best solution usually is.

Steve 0080
07-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Nice add on... a few have done this...

fxdl2051
07-16-2015, 01:09 AM
Just installed Brakeaway's 6CP03 cruise control on my 2013 F6B with heated grips. Although Brakeaway clearly states they don't support heated grip installs, I don't see an issue unless you are prone to using cruise control at full throttle. At full throttle, the power cable to the grips just touches the Brakeaway unit, but it didn't cause any issues in my case.
Regardless, I won't be engaging cruise control at full throttle so it's not an issue for me.
Overall, the system works great and blends into the bike aesthetically. It is a little pricey, but the best solution usually is.

Man, I wish someone had had the kahones to try this before I bought the Throttle Meister. Sounds like I'll have two cruise controls soon. Thanks for the post.