PDA

View Full Version : iPod Aux help

Fla_rider
07-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Since April of 2014 I've had zero issues with my IPod in the left SB. On the trip to CT. Aux failed to show it after temporary using the other Aux input. Upon arrival at Ct. I found the IPod battery dead. So I charged it up and it works fine with a headset. However, to date when I plug it into the left SB jack AUX remains on the other AUX channel and doesn't switch to IPod?

Any thoughts?

53driver
07-15-2015, 09:23 PM
The Honda stereo doesn't know it's there....
Did the cable come loose at the other end? Not the iPod end?

stroguy
07-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Did you hit AUX button more than once? Mine loses contact with central command and it takes two pushes of AUX. I would also suggest a NEG battery disco and reboot the system. Leave it off for several minutes,

Steve 0080
07-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Did you hit AUX button more than once? Mine loses contact with central command and it takes two pushes of AUX. I would also suggest a NEG battery disco and reboot the system. Leave it off for several minutes,

+1..... a lot is gained by doing just this !!! Seemed like I did this every other week on my Rune !!!

Papa Tater
07-16-2015, 09:04 AM

My Usb stopped working , I use a flash drive - it shows plugged in on the screen. I did not think of rebooting system. Im going to try that , if not going to the dealer. I thought there was a post on that, but cannot find it.

Fla_rider
07-16-2015, 10:28 AM
My Usb stopped working , I use a flash drive - it shows plugged in on the screen. I did not think of rebooting system. Im going to try that , if not going to the dealer. I thought there was a post on that, but cannot find it.

I will try the battery thing tonight, again like you if it doesn't work then I'm off to the dealer too.

Vol1chuck
07-16-2015, 01:46 PM
I think the cable has become disconnected somehow. You shouldn't have found a dead ipod battery if it was. The USB charges when properly connected.

Papa Tater
07-16-2015, 06:37 PM

Thanks Stroguy - I disconnected the battery and the reboot did at least fix my concern, hoped it fixed Fla_rider's concern also.

stroguy
07-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Thanks Stroguy - I disconnected the battery and the reboot did at least fix my concern, hoped it fixed Fla_rider's concern also.

Alexander Graham Bell would be embarrassed that we haven't progressed further. Glad you are good to go.

Fla_rider
07-17-2015, 06:31 AM
Last night I didn't do battery disconnect, but I yanked the fuse to the radio and it went dead. After reinstalling the fuse it made no difference. I reset the ipod, no difference. I tired a flash drive to discover my files are m4p instead of mp3. So I'm working on that issue. Still the ipod doesn't work. I'll try a battery disconnect sometime this weekend.

unsub
07-17-2015, 11:17 AM
FLA_
Sorry I'm not clear if you have confirmed that the iPod USB cable you are using is in good order? Can you connect the ipod to your computer USB without issue? Is there any wear/tears around the cable sheathing where it connects to either the pod or the USB port? The apple USB cables do fail after time.

Fla_rider
07-17-2015, 01:35 PM
It could be the cable, since I can play the iPod thru a plug in speaker thingy. I sent my iPod with a fellow worker to check it and rip my playlist to a 32 gb flash for the weekend.

unsub
07-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Good luck, keep us posted.