PDA

View Full Version : LED Brake/tail lights flash

RickJ
07-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Well, The bad news is I can't get any pictures posted, the worse news is that the pictures look shi**y anyway! The lights look great. (Here's the thread that started it all: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6493-room-in-rear-lens-for-slightly-larger-brake-tail-bulb)

Lights arrived, I removed the rear lens (2 10mm nuts inside each trunk, AND remove the trim piece over the lens- It just pops out...carefully)The two rear lights are really well housed- as well as the Audis I've owned ((Japan really is the Germany of Asia))Remove the wire and give the bulb socket a quarter turn.remove old bulb pop in new...viola!! It looked slightly brighter than the OEM, but the real reason I got them was for the 3 quick flashes then steady...2 bulbs cost less than the wig wag or whatever unit, no wiring I recommend highly and hope someone tries this and can post some pics... I apologize I'll try again maybe, tomorrow. [URL="https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-bulbs/7443-led-bulb-w-brake-flasher-dual-function-1-high-power-led-wedge-retrofit-car/925/2276/#/tab/Specifications"]

stroguy
07-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Sweet Rick! Great work and thanks for taking the chance. Mine will be on order in the AM.

Vondawg
07-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Ordered ! Thanks Rick

stroguy
07-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Dawg you got me by 12 minutes. On order. Somebody wake Larry.

mrhatch
07-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Mine will be here Monday! I like the idea of the flash and steady without adding on extra hardware!

RickJ
07-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Sweet Rick! Great work and thanks for taking the chance. Mine will be on order in the AM.

Wish I could take credit for daring to go where no man has gone before!! but I have a bayonet style of that bulb on my pre-digital pre-LED carbureted, tungsten filament 2004 Triumph and they work flawlessly- for several years now! I was pretty sure they'd be good to go...I was a little sconcerned that the fit of the plug in blade might be loose- but they clicked in..easily but seem to be stable.

stroguy
07-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Those wedge types can be made a bit tighter by just putting the slightest camel hump in the leads between the plastic and the lead. A very pointed scribe will work. But be gentle ladies and germs. Just a touch.

Greg O
07-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Rick, I was hoping that you were going to say that these light bulbs are significantly brighter than the stock ones. I really like the addition of the flashing brake light. Do you feel these bulbs are a significant upgrade over the stock bulbs.

RickJ
07-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Rick, I was hoping that you were going to say that these light bulbs are significantly brighter than the stock ones. I really like the addition of the flashing brake light. Do you feel these bulbs are a significant upgrade over the stock bulbs.

well...again, for me the flashing without additional wiring was the purpose...and it accomplished that, Yes, I believe they are brighter, but the cellphone pics I took didn't look much brighter- maybe photographing LEDs is tricky? I feel that the sub $40. epense is well worth it...especially after riding behind myself (switch rides with my son for an hour) an seeing the subtlty of the oem lighting.So this with the Kury tail works perfectly for me.

as a side note..the specs on lumens for these lights is significantly higher than stock 55\30 I think

Greg O
07-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Ok Rick, you talked me into it, I just ordered the bulbs. I didn't need the load resistor did I, because I didn't order one.

RickJ
07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Ok Rick, you talked me into it, I just ordered the bulbs. I didn't need the load resistor did I, because I didn't order one.

nope- that's the point, you don't need anything other than the bulbs and a few minutes...and a 10MM socket...and a sma;ll extension...and good lighting...and a few cans of club soda...and a cigar...maybe some tunes...a garage or a shade tree...warm weather...

PS Greg- you make me nervous when you say I "...talked you into it". I know...it's a figure of speech! I think you'll be pleased.

Greg O
07-18-2015, 01:37 PM
The flashing brake light sold me like it did you. Thanks for starting this thread.

Steve 0080
07-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Waiting on pic's... the "ccsmiley" are warmed up !!!!!

mrhatch
07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Installation video for the aforementioned brake lights, not as good as you will see some places and way too much of my ugly mug. Hope it helps everyone!

https://youtu.be/mLf1f0xI0AA

R

Mike Hatch
CTRC USN RET

stroguy
07-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Dude, call the cops, there's some scary dude standing behind you!

Great video, perfect. Love this place.

mrhatch
07-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Dude, call the cops, there's some scary dude standing behind you!

Great video, perfect. Love this place.

Thanks Stroguy, I will work on keeping the scary guy out of the next video! Hopefully he doesn't distract from the main purpose!

stroguy
07-22-2015, 07:53 PM
He didn't, the vid was great. Was concerned for your safety as he seems confused......a REDSKINS cap with a Ravens jersey? What's up with that?

mrhatch
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM
He didn't, the vid was great. Was concerned for your safety as he seems confused......a REDSKINS cap with a Ravens jersey? What's up with that?

That is what happens when you hire cheap help! Besides did you see how big he is? I am not arguing with him, and that beard is ferocious looking. Seriously though he his a gentle giant and one of my son's best friends and I checked the hat and it was a Ravens hat with pink for their breast cancer awareness week last year.

stroguy
07-22-2015, 09:03 PM
OK, it came off as burgundy and gold. The biggest guys are usually the friendliest and most helpful.

radi0chik
07-23-2015, 04:33 PM
So now put those bulbs in the turn signals too:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6063-Rear-turn-signals-now-red-and-brake

:)

Greg O
07-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Installed mine in about 20 minutes, they are brighter than what is stock, and the flash is a nice safety feature. I would say the bulbs are worth the 40 bucks if they last long.

mrhatch
07-24-2015, 11:43 AM
So now put those bulbs in the turn signals too:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6063-Rear-turn-signals-now-red-and-brake

:)

I may at that! I may do that after I replace those ugly pumpkins up on my mirrors. I like the LED kit that turns them into running lights as well as signals.

SmallPasture
07-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Installation video for the aforementioned brake lights, not as good as you will see some places and way too much of my ugly mug. Hope it helps everyone!
Mike Hatch
CTRC USN RET

Thanks Hatch!! Just put my order in! Good job!

kramer
04-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Liked your post, so i ordered 2 leds for my new 2015 F6B. Your install guide was right on, however my lights function the same as the OEM lights. (No flashing) Any ideas why?

RickJ
04-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Kramer...they are plug and play...there might be a problem with the bulbs. Call the vendor...maybe first double check that they are the correct part and base? They might as you to send back the faulty ones...but they will make good on it.

pilotguy299
04-27-2016, 07:03 AM
Liked your post, so i ordered 2 leds for my new 2015 F6B. Your install guide was right on, however my lights function the same as the OEM lights. (No flashing) Any ideas why?

did you try turning the bulbs around?