PDA

View Full Version : Headed for Upstate NY

valkmc
07-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Leaving sometime next week, Ocala Florida to Oswego (Lake Ontario). I have made the trip several times as the family farm and elderly parents are there. Thought about riding the BRP and Skyline Dr the entire way but have been there and done that.. I have also done the Outer Banks and Virgina Beach route. Anybody got suggestions, some must see roads or areas? Time is not much of a factor. I have to be back to work on August 10th.

Spanky
07-17-2015, 08:25 AM
I used to live in syracuse, I would ride 13 between cazenovia and chittenango if i could. Great ride, lots of twisties, them make your way over to green lakes state park. for eats, try heids hot dogs in liverpool http://heidsofliverpool.com/ and the CNY answer to bbq http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

if you get into trouble, let me know, I have many riding buddies up there with trucks and trailers.

valkmc
07-17-2015, 10:11 AM
I used to live in syracuse, I would ride 13 between cazenovia and chittenango if i could. Great ride, lots of twisties, them make your way over to green lakes state park. for eats, try heids hot dogs in liverpool http://heidsofliverpool.com/ and the CNY answer to bbq http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

if you get into trouble, let me know, I have many riding buddies up there with trucks and trailers.
Thanks Spanky I have not been on 13 so I will check it out! Heides will be my first stop as it always is on my way into Syracuse. Haven't been to Donosaur in awhile but you reminded me to put it on must list of things to do while there.
I hope I don't need to call but thanks for the offer.

MotoPumps
07-17-2015, 04:55 PM
I like the area a bit to the west of the 95 corridor, closer to 81. Come up through the Blue Ridge, a bit west of the BRP and SLD. At the bottom of VA pick up Rt 220 and take that up through WV and MD, PA and into NY at Waverly. I am in the Ithaca NY area if you need anything.

Rt 13 is a nice ride as mentioned.

Have fun!

Rob

valkmc
07-17-2015, 07:12 PM
I like the area a bit to the west of the 95 corridor, closer to 81. Come up through the Blue Ridge, a bit west of the BRP and SLD. At the bottom of VA pick up Rt 220 and take that up through WV and MD, PA and into NY at Waverly. I am in the Ithaca NY area if you need anything.

Rt 13 is a nice ride as mentioned.

Have fun!

Rob

Thanks I will look at a map!

2bikemike
07-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Valk I am in Watertown just north of Oswego. There are a lot of loops to make out of there. Rt 3 along the lake north and take any side road you cant get lost as you are between the lake and rt 81. rt 49 or 31 go on both sides of Oneida lake and meet in Sylvian beach at the east end they have a bike night I think Tuesday. rt 5 and 20 run together east and west parallel to the throughway across the state and is very nice. Sylvian beach to 365 then 46 to Boonville is a real nice ride. Pm me or look me up on the registry if you'd like to get together while you are here.

valkmc
07-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Valk I am in Watertown just north of Oswego. There are a lot of loops to make out of there. Rt 3 along the lake north and take any side road you cant get lost as you are between the lake and rt 81. rt 49 or 31 go on both sides of Oneida lake and meet in Sylvian beach at the east end they have a bike night I think Tuesday. rt 5 and 20 run together east and west parallel to the throughway across the state and is very nice. Sylvian beach to 365 then 46 to Boonville is a real nice ride. Pm me or look me up on the registry if you'd like to get together while you are here.

Thanks I may check out Sylvan Beach Bike night. According to. The internet it is Tuesday Nights. If I am going I will pm you if you want to meet up!

2bikemike
07-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Thanks I may check out Sylvan Beach Bike night. According to. The internet it is Tuesday Nights. If I am going I will pm you if you want to meet up!

sounds good

zzh54
07-22-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm heading to Redfield Friday after work, then over to my daughters in Carthage Saturday morning, anyone up there have time for a lunch or something

valkmc
08-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Back in Ocala Florida, 3130 miles total. Did not do much riding in NY as I was up there helping my parents. Did a combo of Interstate and two lane black top on the ride. Bike performed well. I will say it does not travel like my 12 Wing but I did not expect it to. Got tons of questions at gas stops and most people commented on how neat it looked.

I did have one great day on the Blue Ridge on the way up and another in the mountains on various roads on the way back. Picture is on the Blue Ridge early morning on the way up.