PDA

View Full Version : rotate riding position on long rides

stevenolts
07-21-2015, 01:44 PM
I just returned from an 850 miles each way trip to Florida. I have recently added the Kuryakyn Ergo 3 adjustable cruise pegs. This was my first trip with them and they are great. I love the way they allow you to change your ridding position. I found another position that you might want to try. I call it the F6B Cobra position because it puts your head forward and your feet to the rear in a tuck like jockey style position on the rear pegs. You can alter this position by putting your feet on the rear crash bars instead of the pegs. You can also tuck you ankle behind the rear passenger pegs which is my favorite. I do this every half hour or so for a few minutes.

I rotate through all of the possible positions by themselves or in combination to keep my legs from getting stiff.

One thing I have noticed when using the Ergo 3 pegs is that if you put your foot as close to the bike as possible you will not get as much heat off the engine.

edgeman55
07-21-2015, 08:10 PM
I just installed the Ergo 111's last week and they are great.Will be doing about 1000 miles next week over two days and look foward to using them-just wish I had not waited so long to get them.

flat6bagger
07-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Steve,
I use that position on long rides myself.
I call it my "rear set" position
It works very well.
On a side note,I also use a "bead rider" seat cushion that lets air flow under me.
That helps a bunch.
It lets air flow between the seat and my rear.
This eliminates heat build up.

Doug

BuzzzPhotos
07-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Was almost to get in the shower when I read this new position. So I put on my flip flops and ran out to the shop to try it out. My wife saw me running out there in my underwear & getting on my bike trying that position. She's a real quiet lady & I heard her yelling about 50 yards away "what the hell are you doing".

Glad we don't have neighbors!

valkmc
07-21-2015, 10:00 PM
I do that also,
started doing it on long rides on my Valk. I actually did it several times today as I put in about 750 miles on my way from Florida to NY. It always reminds me of my sport bike days. It takes the weight off my backside and lets some blood flow.

BadDawg
07-22-2015, 02:21 AM
I've done that on all my cruisers. Nice change from the forwards, straightens my back out and puts the load on the inside of my thighs.

53driver
07-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Was almost to get in the shower when I read this new position. So I put on my flip flops and ran out to the shop to try it out. My wife saw me running out there in my underwear & getting on my bike trying that position. She's a real quiet lady & I heard her yelling about 50 yards away "what the hell are you doing".

Glad we don't have neighbors!

Shoulda yelled back "Trying out a new position on my mistress! Come watch!"