PDA

View Full Version : Shoei RJ-Platinum-R & rain

buckeyeken47
07-21-2015, 03:00 PM
I was out for a short ride the other day and got caught in a bit of rain. I took some rain in the face and decided I needed to get a face shield to put on next time I get caught. Imagine my surprise - I couldn't find one for this helmet. Does any one know where I can get a face shield for this helmet? If not, what do other folks with this helmet do?

six2go
07-21-2015, 03:43 PM
I have an older RJ Platinum and I'm pretty sure it has 3 snaps in the forehead area for attaching visors and face shields. I don't think you will find Shoei brand shields , but there are universal 3 snap shields available, I had 3 of them for that helmet, a dark tinted, amber, & clear but I think they went bye,bye in the trash.

OK, I just went to the garage & checked the RJ. It has 3 snaps across the forehead area and 2 more snaps at around the ears for fastening the lower edge of the shield. Shouldn't be too much of a problem finding shields, I think I got mine at Dennis Kirk, although it was some time ago.

six2go
07-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Here ya go,

www.denniskirk.com/afx/clear-five-snap-flat-shield-0131-0072.p329170.prd/329170.sku

Spewey Griffin
07-22-2015, 07:28 PM
I've got a couple of Biltwell Bubble Shields for my Platinum-R. They just have the 3 adjustable snaps across the top. I've got a 'Mirror' and a 'Clear', but they come in an assortment of colours. They've also got what appears to be a good rain deflector that helps to stop the water running down the face of it although I haven't had to test them out yet.

In a nutshell, they will fit your Shoei RJ Platinum-R. If you've got a Peak on your helmet, you just swap it over for the shield. (Can't have both.)

buckeyeken47
07-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Thanks - that should point me in the right direction

DaWadd
07-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Was wondering if those shields would fit my Shoei. Just ordered one. Thanks."coffee"

motoman
07-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Check out the Shark EXO CT-220. Very versatile, and only $139 + shipping or less. 3/4 helmet with a removable full face shield, visor, and internal goggles.

http://www.helmetshop.com/Scorpion-EXO-CT220-Metallics